Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/23/2017 Live Update

Trades with cats

Re: 02/23/2017 Live Update

Post by Trades with cats »

Well I should have included a chart with my comment.
Well I should have included a chart with my comment.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

5min
IWM box target met
The angle of decline is a bit too steep, soon it will need to fan out a bit either by moving sideways or up or both
223five.png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

IWM is down almost 1% while the dow is green :o
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Clueless

Post by Clueless »

Al_Dente wrote:IWM is down almost 1% while the dow is green :o
Looks like a false flag. The big boys want to pull the rug from under while no one is watching, so they make the Dow to give the impression all is well meanwhile they want to flush it or are already doing so.
Sorry for the conspiracy theory.
Last edited by Clueless on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trades with cats

ES at the magic 56. And Small Caps down over 150% of 20 day average range. This is a major move.
Trades with cats

Clueless,

DOW is considered to be the most easily manipulated index. and being cap weighted a huge chunk of the post election move is Goldman. Record insider selling at Goldman.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

60 min
IWM broke that nice tidy uptrend channel and is now approaching major support at the top (137.50 ish) of that evil horizontal channel the smalls lived in for months
223sixty.png.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Clueless wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:IWM is down almost 1% while the dow is green :o
Looks like a false flag. The big boys want to pull the rug from under while no one is watching. So they make the Dow to give the impression all is well meanwhile they want to flush it or are already doing so.
Sorry for the conspiracy theory.
:D
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Trades with cats wrote:Clueless,
DOW is considered to be the most easily manipulated index. and being cap weighted a huge chunk of the post election move is Goldman. Record insider selling at Goldman.
you mean price weighted, right?
Trades with cats

London/Frankfort POWER 1/2HOUR time. Yesterday's low, S1 pivot and a magic 6 why not launch a dip buy at this level? :D
Trades with cats

I thought they used some sort of market cap times price to weight their average as opposed to an equal weight. Did I say that wrong? My daughters like to think that I am pretty much incompetent on all things technical :lol:
K447

Post by K447 »

Trades with cats wrote:I thought they used some sort of market cap times price to weight their average as opposed to an equal weight. Did I say that wrong? My daughters like to think that I am pretty much incompetent on all things technical :lol:
Why is the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) price weighted?

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers ... ighted.asp
A price-weighted index uses the price per share for each stock included and divides the sum by a common divisor, usually the total number of stocks in the index. The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) is an example of this type of index. When it was created in 1896 by Charles Dow, it was meant to reflect the average price of stocks in the marketplace.

Charles Dow likely chose to create a price-weighted index due to its simplicity. At the time, investors were new to the idea of stocks. Previously, bonds were the typical investment and their price stability and interest payments were easy for investors to grasp. The Dow Jones Industrial Average gave investors a simple way to track the stock market's performance. Thus, the index that originally contained 12 companies was calculated by adding all the stocks' prices and then dividing that number by 12. In the current market, some people feel this is an antiquated and irrelevant calculation. However, the Dow Jones historically tracks along the same trends as those in the broader market and often predicts upcoming trends.

There is some bias involved that also affects how investors perceive the value behind the Dow Jones statistic. Each of the 30 companies included in the index are picked by The Wall Street Journal. This, coupled with the seemingly arbitrary calculation, lacks credibility in some investors' minds. Over time, the divisor was adjusted from simply the number of companies on the index to a number that helps account for stock splits and reverse splits that affect the price per share. As of August 2014, the divisor is around 0.1557. The current divisor is published by The Wall Street Journal.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

now bear can pretend dead for a few days. :D
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Trades with cats wrote:I thought they used some sort of market cap times price to weight their average as opposed to an equal weight. Did I say that wrong? My daughters like to think that I am pretty much incompetent on all things technical :lol:
Dow price weighted
SPX capitalization weighted
SPXEW and RSP equal weighted
etc
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Trades with cats

As we wait for the bounce-
EIA-U.S. GASOLINE DEMAND OVER PAST 4 WKS 8.59 MLN BPD, OFF 5.2 PCT FROM YR AGO
Remember on the 17th Goldman said the bad gas demand number for the week was wrong because a big decline would mean that we were in a recession. This weekend I made a snarky comment about how they were blaming the weather for a couple of weeks of low gasoline demand. Can hardly wait to see what the press comes up with to paper over this number. Maybe they underestimated electric cars. :twisted:

Seriously if there isn't a good explanation like really messed up government numbers because of tanker loadings or big weather differences then this is a major sign the economy is in trouble.
Trades with cats

Thanks Pasta Boss. I knew they did something so that an individual mover like Goldman has an enormous effect on the overall average.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Trades with cats wrote:Thanks Pasta Boss. I knew they did something so that an individual mover like Goldman has an enormous effect on the overall average.
yep, here's the dow weighting, GS is heavy, they update it every day or two, bye :D
http://www.indexarb.com/indexComponentWtsDJ.html
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Clockworks.
Attachments
1.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

What’s this? The SMALL piggety pigs know that 137.50 ISH is the no-fly-zone
At the moment all I can see in this bounce is a dead cat, if that changes, I will too