Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

06/26/2012 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 06/26/2012 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

Nothing to say, other then let's wait for the OR breakout, could be in either direction.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Unique

Post by Unique »

There is something called dynamic IPs in this world...ya know? :D

Whatever the case, chill out people.
Restarted the AAPL blog into E-mini S&P 500 Trading Blog , see here: http://aapltechnicals.blogspot.ca/
TraderJoe

Post by TraderJoe »

I am sure I speak for the rest of you, I sure miss TragerGirl's great charts!!!! I hope she is having fun???
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

parker wrote:
Petsamo wrote:My Russia (RSX) was begging for me to sell it, so I sold it.
Could you recommend someone to read about russian market?
I'm just going off how weak a security is relative to others (I use Brazil, which itself is hammered). I was successful at playing Spain.

People say Russia is corrupt. Well, so is the my homeland, the US.

Russia doesn't have the indebtedness that Europe, Japan, and the US does. Some countries like Finland are indebted to them.
Twitter @jackwag0n
kamukak

Post by kamukak »

I am gone short, so now I am pretty sure the market will breakout to upside.
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

So far small double top on DAX and SP as well...waiting 4 real breakout :lol:
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

SPY has a double top
Twitter @jackwag0n
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

hopefully it's not double top here.
Attachments
1.png

hiram

Post by hiram »

good morning all.

i first want to thank cobra for creating a fantastic retreat where like minded traders can share information related to trading with the idea that we all learn and grow. i manage money for a living and trade "my account" on a daily basis. due to the nature of my job i have been able to spend a considerable amount of time exploring the many options available on the web for learing, advice and discussion over the 11 years i have worked as a professional. one thing that is overwhelmingly obvious is that in free forums one has to understand that without any entrance barries anyone from the general public can participate which has obvious good and bad consequences. when speaking of the bad in todays world of technology ip mask tools can make blocking anyone with ample resources impossible. so its important to recognize the only way to stop an unwanted visitor is to ignore them and use the block feature and never ever under any circumstance reply or rebuttle to anything they say. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO END the fruitless banter back and forth that these exchanges tend to create. much like children these peolpe thirve on attention and when they dont recieve what they are so desperatley in need of they will move on. above all else, remember most of us are in this to make money and this type of thing will never aid in the acomplishment of that goal, for exsample in the time it took me to type this message i missed out on a nice scalp off the bounce of the spy 20day ema.....

long live cobra!
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

double top target, not sure.
Attachments
1.png

TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

TraderJoe wrote:I am sure I speak for the rest of you, I sure miss TragerGirl's great charts!!!! I hope she is having fun???
Thanks TJ!! :D :D

I haven't had much to add.... SPX?? still could be ending expanding diagonal...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-06-26 at 7.19.12 AM.png
KENA

Post by KENA »

soku wrote:
KENA wrote:Lets do trading..I'm doing some but nothing with big positions.
i tend to think there might be an uptrend brewing, but i don't want to get in now. let's talk about trading.

to be a professional trader, one need to control himself in a good way. trading is a very stressful job. anger, eager, tension, anxiety, regrets, all hurt performance.

consumer conf slightly miss. interesting.
Hi Soku..Yes I'm a hair more bullish then bearish right now.We may have a few days up.I guess we just stay alert.
Richarab

06/26/2012 Live Update

Post by Richarab »

Cobra wrote:Whoever that slayer is, it's not Cougar, because the ip address is different. blaming cougar without evidence is not appropriate.

If you guys have opinions about someone's posts here, please PM me. I don't have time to check each post so I honestly don't know what is going on here. But if you keep me informed, especially all are against certain ids, I'll sure do something. Thanks.

cougar wrote:Good Morning!
I would like to thank for private messages like “Are you coming back?…We missed your posts” which I got yesterday.

However, I got another private message entitled ‘Just so we are clear’ from SWalsh.
I will reveal it unaltered…for everyone’s appreciation. It goes like this:

“Cougar wrote publicly in: Paging KeiZai!:
<<Sorry for the delayed answer…Last night, while I was checking the weekend posts, I stumbled over an offensive exchange of hatred that Cobra also noticed …and I decided to stay away from this environment…I got out without publishing a series of charts and discussions which I posted on Twitter instead…in an abbreviated form.>>

A true uber-scumbag to post that message.

Yeah...sure...okay....let's cut the gratuitous, sanctimonious crap that you are offended by such speech. I didn't start this problem, but I sure will settle it. So take it up with the other guy, coward that he/she is. I wouldn't be surprised if you registered that name and slammed me. But then again, you have demonstrated that you do not know how to properly parse a sentence, so it's unlikely you could do both.

Don't quit your day job. One of us is a professional...care to guess who?

BTW, Sherlock, listen and learn a few things. Cobra knew almost 24 hours ahead of time about that individual who pulled that stunt, knew his IP address, and told me not to worry. But since the address wasn't blocked it must be one of the regular knuckleheads who threatened me. And leaving that post up from "walsh_slayer" was a very dishonorable thing to do. You don't see me registering a name like "cougar_killer". And you don't see me falsely claiming that I read something and my panties were so in a knot so I decided to "deprive" the board for what I had read. I hate the stench of lies. There are a few nice people I have met here who I speak to privately. Then there are are a few wannabe professionals (hint) who think a chart makes a trader. Keep working on that perfect analysis - it's why professionals make the money we do. You think you helped the board today with your bullshit comment? Think again.’’

No comments!
For the record it's not me (as walsh_slayer)
(and I don't need proxies in Thailand so I ain't messing with IPs)

Walsh and I have moments but we are actually ok with one another

Happy trading today
I am short as hell!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mqedrp
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

NUGT on the move down this morning...so far retraced 61.8%
Charts I have seen show a potential low for PM's around July 3rd...??
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-06-26 at 7.22.16 AM.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

so far, I get only one PM. this is your opportunity to make this forum better, so if you have something to say, please step forward.

I tend to keep the forum free, on the condition that it doesn't take me much time to discipline here.

Another solution is to select a Moderator to make sure the discussion here is for trading related topic only. If you like the idea, please also let me know.

soku

Post by soku »

it is hard at this moment. i will say reduce trading or just stop. the initial reaction to missed confidence data is up, which is really suspicious. considering rumor this morning on fed's data-dependence, i guess somebody in the market is "hoping" for something from fed.
just let this tape go. take a break and have enjoy the weather today :D

add: my range of 1306-1313 may not hold. again just let the tape go , unless you are very sure
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Kiaora

Post by Kiaora »

I don't think one incident should make a change the tone and quality of this thread.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Cobra wrote:Another solution is to select a Moderator to make sure the discussion here is for trading related topic only. If you like the idea, please also let me know.
I like this idea. :)
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

getting back to what we're supposed to be doing...trading...

my /CL chart tells me there's more downside ahead as we're carving out yet another triangle below the relatively significant $80 round handle...

my AUD/JPY chart shows a touch of the 50% retracement of the previous downleg last Thursday. that's usually the max pullback allowed on the way down, and it's been dropping since then. i don't say these are confirming factors for equities, but they may give a couple nods to the bearish case.
Attachments
CL 1 Hour 06262012.1.png
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

Cobra wrote:Nothing to say, other then let's wait for the OR breakout, could be in either direction.
Cobra: we just had a lower low? not much but it was indeed a lower low. I was hoping for a REALLLLLY lower low after a small rebound, so I am not sure any more if what just happened was an official lower low. :?

Sorry My mistake... it was not a lower low yet i need a cup of coffee :mrgreen: