Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/09/2012 Intraday Watering

knurbs

Re: 02/09/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by knurbs »

Taggard-

No insult intended but I'm really not sure why many Technical Analyists (if that is what you feel you are) prefer to word things so ambiguously. The only thing I can guess is that they are afraid of being "wrong". So, I guess, if the point of the statement is worded completely vaguely they always can argue they were NOT wrong with their original analysis.

My feeling is if you really are convicted there is an anomoly on the put/call orders then just state it clearly and don't be afraid of being wrong. Maybe its an oversymplification but I just spent 5 minutes reading your response to Al and I still am not sure the point you were trying to make?

I think you are saying there are so many more Puts to calls that as we get closer to expiration the market will continue melting upwards as the put buyers cover their orders. I'm sorry for being so naive but sometimes I just need things stated clearly. Could you oblige?
Knurbs
thanos

Post by thanos »

knurbs - first off my condolences for losing that 5 minutes of your life that you will never get back! :D Just kidding. I promised Cobra i would stop offending. I think you are right about the ambiguity of calling the market but i think taggard is providing a point of view regarding the state of the put/call ratio which may provide insight into the direction of the market. Although i really don't know since i didn't read the post. :) However, the total put/call ratio has reached a level that was 'typical' of a reversal in the immediate term.

On a side note about TA, when you hear the word overbought or oversold I would be cautious because the majority of people cannot define what overbought/oversold actually means. That is the most overused term in TA! Think about it for a minute - what does an overbought market mean? That some technical indicator to too high relative to a previous point in time? Really? Everyone has there own trading style but i get blasted alot for asking the most simplest of questions to people here to define the terms they so freely type. (Still waiting for an answer for what a turn date is?).

Good luck!
StevieWonder

Post by StevieWonder »

test
usctrojan99

Post by usctrojan99 »

thanos wrote:
Cobra wrote:
thanos wrote:...
Please stop mocking people. I really don't have time for this. Thanks for your cooperation.
Alright alright, i'll stop although SWalsh and TraderGirl started it with their "Troll Alert" comment. You put up with alot on this forum as it is, especially some ridiciously commentary about trading using planets! LOL Come on Cobra I know you chuckled at that one too. But I promise I will not start a fight on this forum any longer. :twisted:

have a great day all!

Stay long and strong.

I will have to agree that some of the posts are bitter rants disguised as trading views...or is it vice versa :)
thanos

Post by thanos »

usctrojan99 wrote:
thanos wrote:
Cobra wrote:
thanos wrote:...
Please stop mocking people. I really don't have time for this. Thanks for your cooperation.
Alright alright, i'll stop although SWalsh and TraderGirl started it with their "Troll Alert" comment. You put up with alot on this forum as it is, especially some ridiciously commentary about trading using planets! LOL Come on Cobra I know you chuckled at that one too. But I promise I will not start a fight on this forum any longer. :twisted:

have a great day all!

Stay long and strong.

I will have to agree that some of the posts are bitter rants disguised as trading views...or is it vice versa :)
I can't say that i haven't cracked up laughing writing some of these posts! I need to find a better way to get my point across but again I have made soooo many mistakes in the beginning of my trading life (15+ years) and im really just trying to express what i think is important in trading and unfortunately unless its super complicated people don't believe. I found something simple and works for me and im sure i can at least help some noobs out like trading Jesus does. Nope im not a retired millionaire day trader. I do know that trade success comes in phases of learning. However, I don't know any or heard of any successful trader that uses the position of the moon and sun to trade. (jab jab!)

Good luck
knurbs

Post by knurbs »

thanos- Yep. Five minutes (which by the way, seemed much longer....) I'm really not intending to be harsh but I have worked around engineers my entire life and the one frustrating thing they nearly all do is spend what seems like eternity trying to explain something that can be said in two sentences. Unfortunately, in the end this serves no meaningful purpose other than to frustrate the listener. We're all here to further our understanding so why make this process harder than it needs to be??? GLTU
Knurbs
thanos

Post by thanos »

knurbs wrote:thanos- Yep. Five minutes (which by the way, seemed much longer....) I'm really not intending to be harsh but I have worked around engineers my entire life and the one frustrating thing they nearly all do is spend what seems like eternity trying to explain something that can be said in two sentences. Unfortunately, in the end this serves no meaningful purpose other than to frustrate the listener. We're all here to further our understanding so why make this process harder than it needs to be??? GLTU
Here i will demonstrate my market commentary. Today there was a bimp in the rally as per my momentum indicators today (the bimp has been going on for 2 days) this tells me to be cautious and look for a reversal but i won't be convinced any drop is for real unless we break 1340 and of course momentum is still down. Easy as pie. I have my parameters and that all i need. I never catch the exact top and if i did its because i was guessing. :)