Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

06/06/2014 Live Update

uempel

Re: 06/06/2014 Live Update

Post by uempel »

I posted this chart at today's opening - update shows SPX is still in the normal reversal range of the last 30 months. Nothing unusual here :lol:
o.png
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

TraderGirl wrote:If someone wants to post that is fine, but when they put down other people on the site, then that is uncalled for....don't know why everyone here is ok with it...
I'm not OK with that, I just would rather not spend my energy dwelling on it.
jademann

Post by jademann »

Good Chart Uempel. I am curious if anyone has a reversal target? The VIX is screaming sell.
My comments were dictated to me by homie the clown
Al_Dente

Re: A Rebuttal…

Post by Al_Dente »

TraderGirl wrote: ... :D :D Sent you a PM..
I was just jealous
plus I can't count
I'M SORRY

This is for Xian:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4wcNVbYOQ
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Tutti

Post by Tutti »

Al_Dente wrote:
Tutti wrote:
KENA wrote:Chart by stocktiming showing the DOW going higher on less and less volume[/attachment]
Hi Kenya -
its a quiet Friday, so I did a little rough math (very rough). If you look at volume as total dollars exchanged and not total shares, we are well within the 5 year avg. Additionally if we use a smoothed 50 day avg volume, there is > 25% more money trading hands as of 5/16/2014 than at the lows of 2009.
Granted, this was done very, very quickly and one can pick multiple issues with it, but I think it proves its point that not everything is as it seems.
*EDIT - note that % changes are shown in absolute values, you can easily see which way the wind was blowing.
Tutti
THAT is cool right there
I don’t quite know what exactly to do with it
But the “$ traded” does really challenge the “no volume” alarmists
its not really meant to trade off of (I did the math, trust me you dont want to trade off of it :-), just did it to challenge the hypothesis the chart seems to be putting out. We certainly may crash, but that crash wont have anything to do with the decreasing amount of shares traded :-)
ALdaytrade

Post by ALdaytrade »

Entering a short here, looking like an "adam and eve" double top on the 5 minute.
quientuves

Post by quientuves »

ALdaytrade wrote:Entering a short here, looking like an "adam and eve" double top on the 5 minute.
Me too!
TraderGirl

Re:

Post by TraderGirl »

MrMiyagi wrote:
TraderGirl wrote:If someone wants to post that is fine, but when they put down other people on the site, then that is uncalled for....don't know why everyone here is ok with it...
I'm not trying to dwell on it, I have been watching the derogatory comments flow through, and I finally got fed up with it...it has continued to get worse, if you don't say something, then it will turn into a Petsamo or MSchwartz (was that his name?) type situation...it will get uglier...so I am done as long as "it" is done...
Tutti

Post by Tutti »

gappy wrote:
Tutti wrote:
KENA wrote:Chart by stocktiming showing the DOW going higher on less and less volume.
-%20dji%20vol.png
Hi Kenya -

its a quiet Friday, so I did a little rough math (very rough). If you look at volume as total dollars exchanged and not total shares, we are well within the 5 year avg. Additionally if we use a smoothed 50 day avg volume, there is > 25% more money trading hands as of 5/16/2014 than at the lows of 2009.

Granted, this was done very, very quickly and one can pick multiple issues with it, but I think it proves its point that not everything is as it seems.
*EDIT - note that % changes are shown in absolute values, you can easily see which way the wind was blowing.
DJIAVOL_InDollarVolume_06MAY2014.JPG
The top dozen or so stocks are pulling the sled.
Im in full agreement with you Gappy, but that wasnt the question my worksheet was trying to answer :-) Simply, if I buy 10 apples at $1 I spent $10. If apples go up say 150% to $2.50 and I ONLY buy 4 apples, I have spent the same amount of money. But if the store manager was only keeping track of the # of apples sold and not the net revenues of apple sales (he's a bad manager obviously) he would think that apple sales were off 60%.

Just trying to keep my brain active on a boring summer friday :-) It could be worse, I could start arguing with people
Last edited by Tutti on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uempel

Post by uempel »

ALdaytrade, yesterday you didn't like 1950 resistance :lol:
ALdaytrade

Post by ALdaytrade »

uempel wrote:ALdaytrade, yesterday you didn't like 1950 resistance :lol:
You changed my mind with your outstanding charts!

Thank you!
Last edited by ALdaytrade on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

66alerts_png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
ALdaytrade

Re:

Post by ALdaytrade »

MrMiyagi wrote:
At least we got the number of posts up in a hurry!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Al_Dente wrote:
TraderGirl wrote: ... :D :D Sent you a PM..
I was just jealous
plus I can't count
I'M SORRY

This is for Xian:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4wcNVbYOQ
Rut is saying there is more up even if there is a pullback...has what looks like 5 waves up for "a"...so that indicates more up..

But if you look at the alternate count...it could be a,b, then 1, 2, 3...if in the 3rd wave, can go up more ....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 10.18.55 AM.png
ALdaytrade

Post by ALdaytrade »

I would like to know who is buying here, without a pullback.
Yes, Trader Girl, I also think it will be a pull back with more up...
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

3rd touch of the upper blue line, hopefully another breakout.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

TraderGirl wrote:
Rut is saying there is more up even if there is a pullback...has what looks like 5 waves up for "a"...so that indicates more up..
But if you look at the alternate count...it could be a,b, then 1, 2, 3...if in the 3rd wave, can go up more ....
thanks boss :D
champix

Post by champix »

Pffffff, nothing seems able to stop this bull.
Looking at eminiS&P future (5 min bar chart) and using channels + fibo fan, we see that we should be done on the upside.
1st support @ 1943 fib fan (red circle).
For the mega bull mind, we have the astonishing target of the higher pink channel @ 1968 !
Have a nice week end all !
Attachments
miniS&P.jpg
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

bigger ascending triangle. bias is up.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
kongen

Post by kongen »

KENA wrote:Chart by stocktiming showing the DOW going higher on less and less volume.
-%20dji%20vol.png
This business of rising prices and declining volume has attracted a lot of attention. On March 5th, Josh Brown of Stock Twits gave what I consider to be a reasonable and interesting explanation, "The Relentless Bid, Explained". You can find it on Google by inserting the title.