Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

03/01/2012 Intraday Watering

SWalsh

Re: 03/01/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by SWalsh »

soku wrote:here is a chart i see. i think he is using t-theory swalsh is following.
i don't know the author. following the copy-left rule, i just know his id is abq trader.

http://screencast.com/t/XMeLT43o
Myself, and a friend who showed me this method 2 years ago, have a number of Ts hitting in here. I find it amazing because the mkt will usually at least pause for 1-2 weeks even if they will not be validated, or turn as if looking at the sun's false image bouncing off the horizon as it is setting and suddenly it drops.

There's no shortage of cheerleaders saying, "It's Different This Time". But in reading Rogoff and Reinhardt's book of that title, I see why they were John Templeton's favorite words for knowing when to get out and wait.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
soku

Post by soku »

KENA wrote:Ok..how much longer before this bearish move kicks in..I have some hedges to sell that have been protecting my trapped shorts..My GMCR was not one of my trapped shorts that one turned out good at 3 point gain.Have a few day trades for breakfast $ but over all it has been a slow Feb. and boreing.Got a list of good shorts but to earily to post them.SOKU did you jump in on my coffee.
no no, that's my coffee since i am trading it regularly for quite a while. :mrgreen:
i did trade yr soda for earnings and got couple coins yesterday

add: forgot to mention, i have couple puts on yr pet. hoping to see south of 100
Last edited by soku on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

StevieWonder wrote:many Ewavers have trouble agreeing on what has happened
Tradeyourwayout.com has been looking for a crash since January. I don't see a crash ...
Twitter @jackwag0n
victorm

Post by victorm »

Even spx is + 7 TZA not selling too much, traders don't trust that move higher...
johnnywa

Post by johnnywa »

Cobra wrote:triangle text book target. info only.
138.20 seems a bit extreme but if you say so i will take it
btran874

Post by btran874 »

Wave 3 up from 1368 80% chance. Wave B up of yesterday's decline 20% chance. Place your bets ladies and gents.
knurbs

Post by knurbs »

Look's like it's getting ready to role over...
Knurbs
waverider

Post by waverider »

AAPL, looks like it's done?
AAPL.png
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
KENA

Post by KENA »

FYI...A little strange but info from stocktiming shows that Institutions have been buying less and selling more for the whole month of FEB..The chart buying and selling will be crossing soon and this will put them in distribution.These guys know more then us.So lets wait.
shumushu

Post by shumushu »

A real simple chart, Imo down and possibly fill the gap before going up again. Who knows, bulls might just tell to F*** off and take off. Internals are stronger than usual today.
Attachments
2012-03-01_0931.png
KENA

Post by KENA »

About 50 cents more up and the mkt will be at yesterdays hi..Then what.
victorm

Post by victorm »

Petsamo wrote:
Tradeyourwayout.com has been looking for a crash since January. I don't see a crash ...
Petsamo, hopefully you didn't burn yourself with those stuped UNG...
SB73

Post by SB73 »

Cobra,

Very rudimentary look at your chart last night, but it appears that if today's high exceeds yesterdays bears are dead again. Whereas, if the high is lower, then bears have 50% chances. Do you read similarly?
fehro

Post by fehro »

chop... blue triangle? break up target red channel. or green bear flag?
Attachments
Picture 23.png
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

SB73 wrote:
Thanks for the comments. I don't really trust EW maybe because I have mainly studies it over the last couple of years and can't seem to get to any conclusions other than there are no conclusions.
Oh I think it works, and I know it worked quite well for 20 years. But I need to see that the HFT/Algo activity is low, else I see patterns that were only seen previously in thinly traded stocks where patterns could not be made due to manipulation.

Since that activity is rarely low anymore, it's not reliable. R.N. Elliott discovered a movement that is literally tied down to your chromosomes and out to a spiral universe - the Golden Mean (1.618) works throughout nature and the market. But if you are overwhelming the public's hope, fear, and greed with computers, then one should not expect it to work properly as those emotions are dwarfed and exploited.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

waverider wrote:GS breaking out?
GS.png
They must have the only copy of the Breibart Tape.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

lunch time, will be back. a consolidation here is good for bulls.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

Petsamo wrote:
Just January? PFT! There's a guy in, I think, Taiwan named HumbleStudent with a membership to join who has been calling for it since October. He had some "discoveries" that assured it. I haven't seen his opinion this year, but he was uber bearish and saying COLLAPSE!

Is it at all possible that the banks have a quid pro quo and as long as the bias is up it's "hands-off"? When the former head of the NYSE says they are parasites and to rip them out, and the video is gone inside of 24 hours, who made that phone call?
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

victorm wrote:
Petsamo wrote:
Petsamo, hopefully you didn't burn yourself with those stuped UNG...
Where were you, that you didn't warn me?
Twitter @jackwag0n
TWT

Post by TWT »

TVIX: It is a tedious move but it is corrective, therefore I expect higher prices ahead

(thewavetrading.com)
Attachments
TVIX 5 MIN.png