Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/06/2014 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

02/06/2014 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.
========================================================================================================================================================================

Failed Double Bottom breakout, I'll give bulls a little more time, not looking good for now though.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Out of Bounds

Re: 02/06/2014 Live Update

Post by Out of Bounds »

Long SPY in Pre-market : $175.27. Daytrade only.

Edit: Target 175.696
Last edited by Out of Bounds on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

fehro

Post by fehro »

http://www.aaii.com/sentimentsurvey/sent_results bears increasing.. extreme not quite yet for the contrarian trade...
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-02-06 at 6.21.43 AM.png
champix

Post by champix »

A fat finger or a flash crash earlier on DAX futures and dax CFDs.. South road with algos at work? we gonna see !
Trade safely !:)
Attachments
dax-1min.JPG
gappy

Post by gappy »

Vote the Cobra. glta
fx.PNG
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
L_T

Post by L_T »

Earnings and news. TWTR being crushed and GMCR is flying high with KO taking a 10% stake in them:

General Motors (GM)-The largest U.S. automaker earned 67 cents per share in the fourth quarter (Q4), excluding certain items, far below estimates of 88 cents, with revenue missing consensus as well. The miss comes amid softer-than-expected Q4 sales and growing dealer inventories.

Twitter (TWTR)-The microblogging site reported fourth quarter profit of two cents per share, compared to expectations of a two cent loss. Twitter's current quarter revenue projections are also above Street estimates, but investors appear far more concerned about the slowdown in user growth during the quarter to its lowest ever.

Cummins (CMI)-The engine maker earned $2.32 per share for the fourth quarter, beating estimates of $1.98. Revenue was also above consensus, helped by strong results in North America, China, and Brazil.

Dunkin' Brands (DNKN)-The coffee chain earned 43 cents per share, excluding certain items, for the fourth quarter, beating estimates by three cents. Revenue was also above estimates, with Dunkin' also raising its quarterly dividend by 21 percent to 23 cents per share.

Aetna (AET)-The insurance company fell two cents short of estimates with fourth quarter profit of $1.34 per share, excluding certain items. Aetna did say it will acquire 110,000 new Medicare customers during the current quarter.

Costco (COST)-The warehouse retailer reported a four percent increase in stores open at least a year in January, above the 3.3 percent consensus analyst estimate.

Sony -The electronics giant is cutting 5,000 jobs and splitting off its personal computer and TV operations, cutting nearly a billion dollars per year from its fixed costs. It's also predicting loss for the fiscal year ending in March, compared to analyst forecasts of a profit.

Google (GOOG)-A trial involving Google and patent owner Intellectual Ventures ended in a mistrial, due to the failure of the deliberating jury to come to an agreement. The case involved patent claims against Google's Motorola Mobility unit.

Credit Suisse (Swiss Exchange: CSGN-CH)-The bank reported lower than expected fourth quarter earnings because of increased reserves for legal matters.

Alcatel Lucent (Euronext Paris: ALU-FR)-The maker of telecommunications equipment missed forecasts with its fourth quarter results, but cost-cutting resulted in larger gross margins than analysts had forecast, signaling that cost cutting and asset sales are helping the company's financial health.

AstraZeneca (London Stock Exchange: AZN-GB)-The drug maker reported fourth quarter profit of $1.23 per share, seven cents above estimates, but the company expects sales and earnings to continue to fall in 2014 because of increasing generic drug competition.

Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR)-The maker of the popular Keurig single-cup brewing system has entered a strategic partnership with Coca-Cola (KO), which involves Coke buying a 10 percent stake in Green Mountain for $1.25 billion.

Walt Disney (DIS)-The entertainment conglomerate reported a fiscal first quarter profit of $1.04 per share, excluding certain items, 12 cents above estimates, with revenue also beating consensus. Disney's results were aided by its results at ESPN as well as the success of the hit movie "Frozen".

Yelp (YELP)-Yelp lost three cents per share for the fourth quarter, one cent more than expected, but revenue did beat analyst forecasts. Investors were also encouraged by the growth in new users.

Pandora (NYSE:P)-The online radio site earned 11 cents per share for the fourth quarter, four cents above estimates, but also predicted a wider than expected loss for the current quarter. Pandora's results are being hit by costs to acquire more listeners.

Allstate (ALL)-The insurer reported fourth quarter profit of $1.70 per share, 32 cents above estimates, and its CEO said the company hopes to growth its share of the home and auto insurance markets without significant price increases.

Akamai Technologies (AKAM)-Akamai beat estimates by three cents with fourth quarter profit of 55 cents per share, excluding certain items. Revenue also beat forecasts on renegotiated pricing terms with the internet content delivery company's biggest media client, identified as Apple (AAPL) by Street analysts.

Shutterfly (SFLY)-Shutterfly earned $1.20 per share, excluding certain items, for the fourth quarter, 13 cents above estimates, with revenue above consensus as well. But the online photo sharing service also forecast a current quarter loss of 86 to 92 cents per share, compared to estimates of a 42 cent loss.

Marathon Oil (MRO)-The oil company reported fourth quarter profit of 60 cents per share, excluding certain items, 11 cents below estimates. Revenue also feel short of expectations.

Harley-Davidson (HOG)-The company raised its quarterly dividend by 31 percent to 27-1/2 cents per share, with the motorcycle maker also announcing a 20 million share stock buyback program.

CME Group (CME)-The exchange operator raised its quarterly dividend by four percent to 47 cents per share.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/early-mov ... 49019.html
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

uempel wrote:
KeiZai wrote:SPX rectangle waiting for BO or BD

could be an ascending triangle so BO is more likely
The attachment SPX-range2.png is no longer available
Did you catch that 90 point move down?

Morning Uempel haha no way I am not a Chuck Norris :lol: Dax was halted btw not all platforms are showing that spike, it is kind of tricky now do we have a new low or no? Little confusing but I am bulllish (ST?) on US market if we breakout from this range
SPX-range2.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

SOLD longs at 175.96
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

btw that inverse in R2K was triggered with target minimum a=c 100% is around 1108
R2Kkk.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

I have to go get my workshop ready - many project coming plus, it's going to be my new office so I will see y'all tomorrow.
fehro

Post by fehro »

SPX 5m... possible channel resistance...
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-02-06 at 6.38.54 AM.png
champix

Post by champix »

KeiZai wrote:
uempel wrote:
KeiZai wrote:SPX rectangle waiting for BO or BD

could be an ascending triangle so BO is more likely
SPX-range2.png
Did you catch that 90 point move down?
Morning Uempel haha no way I am not a Chuck Norris :lol: Dax was halted btw not all platforms are showing that spike, it is kind of tricky now do we have a new low or no? Little confusing but I am bulllish (ST?) on US market if we breakout from this range
SPX-range2.png
On the eurex exchange (Dax futures) limit down was reached ! A big sell order with no liquidity ! After 2 minutes of halted market, trading was back on track on pre-crash price! So Maybe the exchange gonna cancel the transactions...
Just for imagination, if you got your oder filled @ 9010 on the future for only 1 lot, 3 minutes later you would have won 5000 € / 7000 USD... not that bad ! :roll: :roll: :roll:
koolblue

Post by koolblue »

HERES A SHORT TERM ES UPDATE...
Attachments
ES 03-14 (10 Min)  2_6_2014.jpg
fehro

Post by fehro »

SPX 15m.. a tad messy... but retesting expanding triangle break down...
Attachments
Screen shot 2014-02-06 at 6.52.59 AM.png
Nrsimha

Post by Nrsimha »

Latest trend --- > People dumping TWTR and buying FB.

(IMO, I think they BOTH suck.) :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

koolblue

Post by koolblue »

30 MIN ES UPDATE... 8-)
Attachments
ES 03-14 (30 Min)  2_6_2014.jpg
Nrsimha

Post by Nrsimha »

SAD and PATHETIC:

OK, bulls, if SPY gets above 177 I will STFU. :P

Pathetic.jpg

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

P.S. My TZA hasn't stopped out yet .....
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »