Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/17/2011 Intraday Watering

springheel_jack

Re: 08/17/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by springheel_jack »

heavenskrow wrote:
Cobra>slopeofHope

Tim annoys me with his bearish bias view and his ego. :D
Well the bears have been subsisting on the occasional scrap from the bulls' table the last couple of years so they can be forgiven some crowing at the moment. They should enjoy it while it lasts. :-)

Strong biases are bad I agree. Best to consider the market dispassionately rather than taking sides. Trading isn't football.
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

springheel_jack wrote:Test post.

Hi, I thought I'd register for this intraday thread as I check this blog every day. Some very nice intraday stuff posted here.
Welcome, love your charts and I subscribe to your twitter. Glad you're hear.
springheel_jack

Anaconda wrote:Death cross - Dow Transports follow the S&P in death cross today. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/death-cross-dow-trannies Anyone have any data/stats on the implications? Thanks much in advance.
A.
The daily death crosses are hit and miss. The last one on SPX was slightly after the low last summer. The weekly 13/34 crosses are a better guide, though slower.
springheel_jack

Thanks guys. Glad to be here. :-)

Cobra is one of my favorite chartists so I'm going to be round quite a bit now I've finally got round to registering.
AK84

Post by AK84 »

heavenskrow wrote:
AK84 wrote:
springheel_jack wrote:
heavenskrow wrote:

Hi, I thought I'd register for this intraday thread as I check this blog every day. Some very nice intraday stuff posted here.
welcome man, i just joined today too, and springheel i have been reading your site too.
I have both you and cobra on my blog

Cobra's a morning read for me every day. Some quality commentary in here too. I look forward to contributing to that.
Springheel! Welcome! I read all your posts on Slope of Hope and love them! You are really good and looking forward to your contributions so that we can all learn from you ! :D
Cobra>slopeofHope

Tim annoys me with his bearish bias view and his ego. :D
Agreed that Cobra > SOH but SOH has good guest contributors like Springheel , Harry Boxer, Brian Johnson, etc. Read as much as you can but Cobra is my first and foremosT!!! Clearly coz im on here ALL DAY while at work talking up a storm!
trader0303

Post by trader0303 »

Cheers Cobra --- intraday trader from Arizona here. Very impressive blog, and community that's going on here. Look forward to contributing -- keep up the great work :D
Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

springheel_jack wrote:
Anaconda wrote:Death cross - Dow Transports follow the S&P in death cross today. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/death-cross-dow-trannies Anyone have any data/stats on the implications? Thanks much in advance.
A.
The daily death crosses are hit and miss. The last one on SPX was slightly after the low last summer. The weekly 13/34 crosses are a better guide, though slower.
Thanks.
Dow Trader

Post by Dow Trader »

well, got to go now for the day, good luck all and thanks 8-)
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Thanks and welcome aboard! :lol:

I think soon enough we need buy more bandwidth. :mrgreen:

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
99er

Post by 99er »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

springheel_jack wrote:Thanks guys. Glad to be here. :-)

Cobra is one of my favorite chartists so I'm going to be round quite a bit now I've finally got round to registering.
Thanks again. :)

99er

Post by 99er »

springheel jack

Welcome!
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

soku wrote:
PLUNGE wrote:

Welcome Springheel!

I've been following you and Cobra for at least a year independently and foresee synergistic analyses from both of your views of the markets.
u made me recall those days. read cobra in the night, jack in the morning, and fighting on some blogs all day long :D
Really? that's fun. :mrgreen:

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

testing the neckline, give it a little time for breakout, although I really hope today could close in red which would make chart a lot easier to read.
Attachments
1.png

Ninja Trader

Post by Ninja Trader »

A.
Seems the problem with stats on MA's is they only ever identify the buy signal but not the other half, which is when to sell or when the signal becomes invalid, there is also argument over how the 50/200 should be considered, sma vs. ema, thought this might get you started but it's a flawed presentation.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/08/wo ... ath-cross/

for people that come to a board like this I'm not sure the 50/200 is a very good MA system to trade, focus here is day to day and one day at a time, there are far more effective systems that give far earlier signals for people here, by def. the 50/200 is sloooooow.

and not to be rude, but anyone trying to trade based in information from Zero Hedge is either seeking out pain or they prefer to trade on emotion. The amount of garbage put on that site makes it very hard to find the good stuff over there.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

trader0303 wrote:Cheers Cobra --- intraday trader from Arizona here. Very impressive blog, and community that's going on here. Look forward to contributing -- keep up the great work :D
Thanks and welcome aboard! :lol:

agnosia

Post by agnosia »

springheel_jack wrote:Thanks guys. Glad to be here. :-)

hey sprinheel_jack , i used to post quite a bit on SOH under the alias "rookie". good to have you here... i get a rss feed of your daily posts.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

hopefully the breakout is for real. tinted area is the text book target according to different measured rule, one for H&S Bottom and one for C&H (cup with handle). But the breakout is not confirmed yet, so we need wait for a few more bars.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Anaconda wrote:
springheel_jack wrote:
A.
Thanks.
Death cross too slow for me. After the March '09 bottom, it didn't cross to buy until JULY. The current SPX sell death cross this month only missed a few hundred points of the drop (from SPX 1370 down to 1100 ish). I can get a cavity wating for the death cross.
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.