Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

10/10/2011 Intraday Watering

jarbo456

Re: 10/10/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by jarbo456 »

Al_Dente wrote:PAGING JARBO:
Posting opening chart 4 u. If u have time please watch open and thereafter. I stripped everything else out except $NYADV/$NYDEC candles and SPY ohlc bars. U should be able to refresh and watch A/D sticks move minute by minute (can u?)
When I say that adv/dec “resets” on open and doesn’t “carry over” from yesterday, watch and see… that is exactly what I mean.
As stocks open, the computers “grab” each quote, computer ignores stocks-halted-pending news etc., computer ignores quotes that are unchanged, computer feeds us nyad/nydec data ONLY on stocks that tick up or down. PURE INTRADAY RAW DATA as it describes the mkt to us tick by tick… watch SPY try 2 mirror the green nyadv…
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =245294328
i have a stockharts account so yes i can see the refreshing chart...this is great man! thanks for paging me! i'll def watch the behavior of it over time. really appreciate the heads up!
q2model

Post by q2model »

Cobra wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:COBRA: GREAT FANCY NEW SITE, CONGRATULATIONS, IT IS BEAUTIFUL
Even has that “new car” smell.
Love your “You don’t get rich if you don’t do your own due diligence.” Still exploring more.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY COBRA
thanks. someone does read "Getting Started", that makes my very happy. :lol:

Do I need to sign up for the new website?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

q2model wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:COBRA: GREAT FANCY NEW SITE, CONGRATULATIONS, IT IS BEAUTIFUL
Even has that “new car” smell.
Love your “You don’t get rich if you don’t do your own due diligence.” Still exploring more.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY COBRA
thanks. someone does read "Getting Started", that makes my very happy. :lol:

Do I need to sign up for the new website?
No need and no way to signup. ;)

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

i'm just curious as to why Europe has had the same amount of time to digest the nationalization of Belgium banks, the government takeover of Dexia, and the verbal alliance between Sarkozy and Merkel to stabilize the European financial industry...yet the DAX is up less than 1%. it seems like a bit of a tepid response to all of this "good" data...no?

i see a phantom bar down to 117.72 on spy.
99er

Post by 99er »

KENA

Post by KENA »

Great new site COBRA..I did like your weekend charts..Does this pop up to day void the ABC charts.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

also too stretched here. 2.5% above EMA20 usually is the limit.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
bullbear52

Post by bullbear52 »

ES here, give it a day how it unfold before decide to go bull.
Attachments
spy.JPG
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Cobra -- great new website -- very professional.
CognitiveDissonance

Post by CognitiveDissonance »

Yes, definitely a nice site!
@cognitivebias1
waverider

Post by waverider »

jarbo456 wrote:i'm just curious as to why Europe has had the same amount of time to digest the nationalization of Belgium banks, the government takeover of Dexia, and the verbal alliance between Sarkozy and Merkel to stabilize the European financial industry...yet the DAX is up less than 1%. it seems like a bit of a tepid response to all of this "good" data...no?

i see a phantom bar down to 117.72 on spy.
Agree, it was a bad news good action fakeout. Got screwed for holding short over the weekend, luckily covered some before the close. Don't see the pbar.
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
tdo722

Post by tdo722 »

50 DMA has been broken. It has never been broken since the crisis begins. So now there's a confirmation to go long for the next 2 months.
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

Cobra:
2.5 20DMA: 1189?
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

Cobra or anyone here:
what is a phantom bar? I'm kinda new so thanks for help in advance
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

I was looking at the Advance Decline line over the weekend, and it seemed to me a cleaner picture of market dynamics compared to price charts:

1) Market still in a clear trend channel down as of Friday. This morning's opening pierced the downtrend line, but we'll have to see where things close.
2) Nice double bottom offers a shot at bullish trend change.
3) Should see support provide a higher AD low and/or clear break of downtrend this week for confirmation of trend change.
4) Pardon my challenged graphics editing...
Attachments
AD Line 100711.png
bullbear52

Post by bullbear52 »

channelling, still HL,
Attachments
spy.JPG
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

jarbo456 wrote:
Posting opening chart 4 u. If u have time please watch open and thereafter. I stripped everything else out except $NYADV/$NYDEC candles and SPY ohlc bars. U should be able to refresh and watch A/D sticks move minute by minute (can u?)
When I say that adv/dec “resets” on open and doesn’t “carry over” from yesterday, watch and see… that is exactly what I mean.
As stocks open, the computers “grab” each quote, computer ignores stocks-halted-pending news etc., computer ignores quotes that are unchanged, computer feeds us nyad/nydec data ONLY on stocks that tick up or down. PURE INTRADAY RAW DATA as it describes the mkt to us tick by tick… watch SPY try 2 mirror the green nyadv…
i have a stockharts account so yes i can see the refreshing chart...this is great man! thanks for paging me! i'll def watch the behavior of it over time. really appreciate the heads up!
nyadv already 2600. I’ve seen it nosebleed up to >2800+ but it is already starting to “curve” slightly
Cobra’s “too stretched” envelopes always catch that right out of the gate.
Very important note: raw data is NEVER wrong, but sometimes my “read” is wrong. So, as soon as u get comfortable w raw data, disengage from my “read”
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
uempel

Post by uempel »

I shorted now, but pls. don't copy, this is risky stuff :o
Attachments
SPX12.png
rhight

Post by rhight »

Good morning all!
Shown are some possible targets for the completion of a 5 wave minor up trend. Overlap between 1187.2 and 1184.5 suggest a possible short term top in that area.
Last edited by rhight on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

Al_Dente wrote:
jarbo456 wrote:
nyadv already 2600. I’ve seen it nosebleed up to >2800+ but it is already starting to “curve” slightly
Cobra’s “too stretched” envelopes always catch that right out of the gate.
Very important note: raw data is NEVER wrong, but sometimes my “read” is wrong. So, as soon as u get comfortable w raw data, disengage from my “read”
i was going to ask if above 2600 has to mark that a very short term top must be getting close no?