Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/22/2020 Weekend Update

Cobra
Site Admin

02/22/2020 Weekend Update

Post by Cobra »

Down 1 week, the next week has 60% chances to close up.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Trades with cats

Re: 02/22/2020 Weekend Update

Post by Trades with cats »

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/bofa- ... s-top-near

Bank of America's Harknett had a follow up to last week's block buster. So party like it's 1999-

"So does that mean that nothing will ever drop again? Not at all, and as Hartnett says the "Q2 catalyst for volatility will be disorder in the bond market." And since some traders need specific catalysts, Hartnett makes it very easy, with the following flowchart on how to trade the bursting of the asset bubble: "we say risk assets trade higher (e.g. S&P500>3498) into Q2, until":

peak Positioning…BofA Bull & Bear Indicator >8;
peak Policy…Fed will buy net $180bn T-bills next 3-months to end-April, to dial-down purchases thereafter;
peak Politics…currently 79% likelihood according to Oddschecker.com (was 42% Nov'19) that 2020 election results in president with pro-business, low tax & regulation platform (Chart 5); Democratic nominee likely visible by March 17th
bofa trading diary.jpg
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Here’s how to tell a bear market is coming… list of 19 signals ranges from fundamental to sentiment-related indicators ...In the past, when more than 80% of the indicators are triggered, a bear market has occurred [what??? that's too late]
…. Currently 63% of the bear market signposts have been triggered, up from 47% in January.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/22/heres-h ... oming.html
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

From " It is what it is department" Key focus Fearful market is back, As we are all know, no fear no bear, the fearful maker is back dip buyers beware.
1.PNG
The early stage of a bearish trend is here, a must needed relief rally pull back had started, market is way over bought.
2.PNG
Bearish Harami on a weekly once again.
4.PNG
short term trend with LL is clear, rip will be sold into. I have been bearish last week and will be more bearish going into next week. this market needs correction with or without coronavirus outbreak. trade well, Peace!
3.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
JFR

Post by JFR »

SPY daily. Very strong pullback to the EMA 20. The market has been charging ahead, on hope and hype and a need to park the money somewhere, it seems to me. Also some "party 'til the bomb drops" attitude, methinks. Correction coming? Absolutely, imo. When? Don't know, but be ready. How much? Maybe just 10%. Global economy slowdown could trigger it. Coronavirus could be the culprit. Just in my opinion.

2020-02-22_1309.png
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

NYAD (advancers minus decliners) confirmed the recent high
NYADV:NYDEC (the ratio of advancers to decliners) did not confirm
Can someone please explain that to me, thanks
223AD.png.png
te_fern

Post by te_fern »

This is not investment or trade advice.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

JFR wrote:....."party 'til the bomb drops" attitude, methinks. Correction coming? Absolutely, imo. When? Don't know, but be ready.
As of Sun nite, world markets and US futures are saying NOW.
Markets have made up their minds: PLAGUE. PANDEMIC.
:|
JFR

Post by JFR »

Daniel wrote:
JFR wrote:....."party 'til the bomb drops" attitude, methinks. Correction coming? Absolutely, imo. When? Don't know, but be ready.
As of Sun nite, world markets and US futures are saying NOW.
Markets have made up their minds: PLAGUE. PANDEMIC.
:|
Now? Maybe. But I am playing it short overnight. One bite good. Second bite we will see. The market is resilient, but when it goes, it will fall fast.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-st ... od=markets

2020-02-23_2327.png
2020-02-23_2336.png
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
rob520

Post by rob520 »

M. Armstrong also has this reason (+virus) for market drop. Chance being media or WS won't report.

Bernie’s Victory Inspires a Panic Next Week?

"Just to let everyone know, since more than 50% of our clients are outside the USA, we have a very international reach with sources around the globe. Get prepared for volatility next week. Despite the Democrat’s personal hatred of Trump, the international view is that Trump is the ONLY sane leader in the world right now. The world is leaning so far to the left everywhere, capital is deeply concerned about where to hide. The #1 question we are getting from overseas:

Meanwhile, brace yourself for wild markets next week. We may begin to see European and Asian liquidation of equities in fear of the 2020 election ahead.
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/mark ... next-week/
Heck

Post by Heck »

rob520 wrote:M. Armstrong also has this reason (+virus) for market drop. Chance being media or WS won't report.

Bernie’s Victory Inspires a Panic Next Week?

"Just to let everyone know, since more than 50% of our clients are outside the USA, we have a very international reach with sources around the globe. Get prepared for volatility next week. Despite the Democrat’s personal hatred of Trump, the international view is that Trump is the ONLY sane leader in the world right now. The world is leaning so far to the left everywhere, capital is deeply concerned about where to hide. The #1 question we are getting from overseas:

Meanwhile, brace yourself for wild markets next week. We may begin to see European and Asian liquidation of equities in fear of the 2020 election ahead.
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/mark ... next-week/
Good call
Heck

Post by Heck »

BullBear52x wrote:From " It is what it is department" Key focus Fearful market is back, As we are all know, no fear no bear, the fearful maker is back dip buyers beware.
1.PNG
The early stage of a bearish trend is here, a must needed relief rally pull back had started, market is way over bought.
2.PNG
Bearish Harami on a weekly once again.
4.PNG
short term trend with LL is clear, rip will be sold into. I have been bearish last week and will be more bearish going into next week. this market needs correction with or without coronavirus outbreak. trade well, Peace!
3.PNG
Good call