Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

03/18/2020 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

03/18/2020 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.
========================================================================================================================================================================

Another halt so should open lower than the halt point. The line below may gets tested which may not hold as it's the 3rd test while triple bottom is rare.
Attachments
ES60min.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 03/18/2020 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

No reversal up today will be really bad. -20% day/, lets get it over with and have a Wall street holiday for the rest of the year. :|
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
JFR

Post by JFR »

SPY 5. Opens gap down.

2020-03-18_0632.png
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
Heck

Post by Heck »

$SPX BUYING > 2,389.20
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

The usual pattern after a big gap down is to rebound to EMA20 first before either up or down. Let's see.
Attachments
1.png

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Testing the water, buy the panic
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
mattchessen

Post by mattchessen »

Everyone should read this report. It's the one that Boris Johnston and Trump were briefed on over the weekend. Caused the UK to do a 180 on their virus policy. If you believe the scenarios (and I do) we're facing 2-3 month lockdowns, followed by periods of lifting, outbreaks and more lockdowns for 12-24 months. = global depression. Read for yourself and make up your own mind. https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperi ... 3-2020.pdf
Heck

Post by Heck »

SPY BUYING > 236.23
JFR

Post by JFR »

SPY 5. In a base, temporarily.

2020-03-18_0648.png
BullTart

Post by BullTart »

descending rectangle still in play - looking out for the punch through the bottom of the rectangle... possibly a retest, and then a kiss goodbye to the downside - kept tvix positions from yesterday overnight
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 9.47.57 PM.png
JFR

Post by JFR »

SPY 5. Jailbreak.

2020-03-18_0654.png
ocassional observer

Post by ocassional observer »

I live in the UK now (actually self-isolating with my family at home having symptoms of covid-19 but can't test it). Watching the government approach of going open-eyed into a catastrophe was excruciating. I'm glad they did the U-turn, I'm just not sure they did it within time. I'm actually coming to the conclusion that the best way forward is to do a controlled infection of the not at risk population by first self-isolate all households, infect a few households, see that they don't develop severe complications and move on to the next households.
the most important things to understand about covid-19 is that:
1. it has exponential growth.
2. the cases you diagnose now are reflective of the situation about 7 days ago.

That means that if you use the data you currently have to make decisions it is based on the situation a week ago, while the virus is spreading at around 30% a day (depending on the level of social distancing applied). so when you actually make a change, the contagion is 1.3^7=627% more than what your data shows.
merryme

Post by merryme »

To the OCASSIONAL OBSERVER: Feel better. Keep us posted. Praying that your family comes through unscathed.
Sharing research and ideas only, this is not trading advice.
“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.” – Doug Larson
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

K447

Post by K447 »

ocassional observer wrote:... do a controlled infection of the not at risk population by first self-isolate all households, infect a few households, see that they don't develop severe complications and move on to the next households.
It is not possible to achieve 100% isolation across the larger community even with good self-isolation practices, so there will be an ongoing infection transmission even with 'isolated' family units.

So your experiment is going to occur. The goverment can (to some degree) adjust this 'natural' rate of cross infection by adjusting the degree of lockdown in various areas.

The key is to get the testing rate high enough that the data is current and as accurate as possible.
Last edited by K447 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

ocassional observer wrote:I live in the UK now (actually self-isolating with my family at home having symptoms of covid-19 but can't test it). Watching the government approach of going open-eyed into a catastrophe was excruciating. I'm glad they did the U-turn, I'm just not sure they did it within time. I'm actually coming to the conclusion that the best way forward is to do a controlled infection of the not at risk population by first self-isolate all households, infect a few households, see that they don't develop severe complications and move on to the next households.
the most important things to understand about covid-19 is that:
1. it has exponential growth.
2. the cases you diagnose now are reflective of the situation about 7 days ago.

That means that if you use the data you currently have to make decisions it is based on the situation a week ago, while the virus is spreading at around 30% a day (depending on the level of social distancing applied). so when you actually make a change, the contagion is 1.3^7=627% more than what your data shows.
I agree with you, isolation is important. You take care, wish all the best to you!

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

It's morning hourly hollow red
Attachments
1.png

JFR

Post by JFR »

SPY 5. Pulling back from the EMA 20.

2020-03-18_0710.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Touching EMA20 as usual, now let's wait for the true direction. The recent pattern was up and up until after 12 pm then down and down till the close.
Attachments
1.png