Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

05/05/2012 Weekend Discussion

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 05/05/2012 Weekend Discussion

Post by Cobra »

this kind of selling usually means the very first rebound would fail.
Attachments
ES.jpg

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
alvian33

Post by alvian33 »

nice cobra, now you start to post even before monday, I think your wife will love you less, even though we would love you more :D
cougar

Post by cougar »

Cobra wrote:
cougar wrote:
cougar wrote:
su_root wrote:
cougar wrote:Official exit polls in Greece: PASK + New Democracy < 47% of votes . Polarization of votes to the extremes makes practically impossible the creation of a “coalition pro-bailout cabinet“. The only “salvation” = bribing and attracting an extreme party to join the center coalition. This has less than a 30% chance to happen in one week - IMHO… Put your seatbelts on. This is not “fabricated-minor-news CNBC style”…
You are right, this is not good. Better also get that helmet on at the same time in case of big rocks starting to fly around.
Very interesting…from “Athens News”: “With half of votes counted, aggregate of support for parties that are unlikely/certain not to enter parliament is 18%“. This is HUGE and potentially a game changer! I keep watching!
More precisely: Percentage aggregate vote for parties not making 3 percent #parliamentary treshold stands at 18.31 percent.
Thanks. Keep us informed. I think this is the major reason why we had the pullbacks those days, because there're chances that Greece will break the promise.
Absolutely! If Markets don't like uncertainty...now they really got it in Europe!
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

commodities are toast
Attachments
aud075.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
cougar

Post by cougar »

EURO / US$ = 1.2988
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

alvian33 wrote:nice cobra, now you start to post even before monday, I think your wife will love you less, even though we would love you more :D
I'm working on optimizing parameters for portfolio system now. spent the whole afternoon, finally found why I couldn't reproduce the performance I achieved the other day, so my progress already delayed, have to continue working tonight. Mostly it's computer iterating all the parameters, so I can watch the market while let the program run.

KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

cougar wrote:EURO / US$ = 1.2988
IN FREE FALL :shock:
1.270 next target
Last edited by KeiZai on Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

wow, look at the euro.
Attachments
ES.jpg

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

wild-est-est-est guess.
Attachments
ES.jpg

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Interesting that very shortly after tonight’s open, perma-bear zerohedge was already reminding us of last year’s intervention:
“… initial indications are for a full spectrum Risk Off market. In fact …ES… have not fallen this fast over a two- or three-day period since the third week of November last year. As many may remember - a few days of drops like this took ES from 1260 to 1136 in a week but more importantly was followed very quickly by a massive and coordinated Central Bank intervention that ripped ES over 6% higher in an overnight session - sparking the entire rally of the last six months…” [underlining emphasis mine]

Francois Hollande resume:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-0 ... dates.html
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

Well, the market predicted the French election just as it did many major battles of WW II, including Midway. (really..Barton Bigg's covered how the mkt jumped weeks before major victories in WW II)

Unfortunately, the French voted to become Greeks. Putin has to be loving this Sarkozy loss. :lol:

It will be quite telling as to what our very own Joker http://tinyurl.com/79rn7xt hands out to win, now that AUSTERITY IS DEAD! :arrow:

Bull market gonna hold? I suspect a fair number of people are not aware of the pretty much across the board tax hikes coming in January.

Just like Alec Guinness in Star Wars when the Death Star destroyed a planet, I hear the voices of thousands from Arlington National Cemetery screaming, "I died for this shit?"

Money, Money, Money, Money:
Attachments
Joker_Money.png
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

Cobra wrote: Mostly it's computer iterating all the parameters, so I can watch the market while let the program run.
Just out of curiosity, roughly how many parameters are you running?
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

SWalsh wrote:
Cobra wrote: Mostly it's computer iterating all the parameters, so I can watch the market while let the program run.
7 Major 2 minor. Need very powerful machine to optimize in one round. Right now my i7 machine cannot do one round, have to do twice. get the rough range first then get the final value.

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

bear flag, so maintain the wild-est-est-est guess.
Attachments
ES.jpg

Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

Trend Map:
All trend lines from October low are now closed. Not good.
Red head and shoulders line getting broken tomorrow it looks like. Not good.
Perhaps a bounce gets index back to the green circle where minor down trend line and H&S neckline should provide resistance, but who knows...
Trend Map 050612.jpg
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

Cobra wrote:
SWalsh wrote:
7 Major 2 minor. Need very powerful machine to optimize in one round. Right now my i7 machine cannot do one round, have to do twice. get the rough range first then get the final value.
You probably know this, but after optimizing, change each parameter just a little and see what happens. Systems often breakdown because they were curve-fitted. Also, leaving out the last 3-6 months of trading and then seeing how it would have worked when applied to that can give one a decent idea if one could trade it. I'm a big fan of defining when I think the odds are favorable, but not systems where when you do something like change an RSI setting from 92 to 87 it falls apart. Good luck.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

update, no comments.
Attachments
ES.jpg

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

SWalsh wrote:
Cobra wrote:
SWalsh wrote:
You probably know this, but after optimizing, change each parameter just a little and see what happens. Systems often breakdown because they were curve-fitted. Also, leaving out the last 3-6 months of trading and then seeing how it would have worked when applied to that can give one a decent idea if one could trade it. I'm a big fan of defining when I think the odds are favorable, but not systems where when you do something like change an RSI setting from 92 to 87 it falls apart. Good luck.
Thanks. I know I cannot over optimize and this is why it takes so long to complete my system - I cannot decide to which degree I should optimize my system.

KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

BMW: Breakdown through 23.6 and party can start (a matter of time...gap filling first)
BMWbear2.png
BMWbear.png
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Fractal? (EURUSD)

EURf.png
EURf2.png