Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

06/07/2012 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

06/07/2012 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list here: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks!

If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday: http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859, thanks!

Gap up above yesterday's high, so the gap might not be filled.

The Global ES is on a straight up, pretty much still is on the first leg so chances are the very first pullback would be bought. Very bullish and welcome to the era of money printing! :mrgreen:
Attachments
S.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 06/07/2012 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

ALL MY CALLS HERE ARE FOR INTRA-DAY ONLY! Unless specified.

They're only valid for the next 10 minutes or hour or two.

They're absolutely invalid when the market closed.

NEVER EVER treat my call for the next 10 mintues as I'm calling for the next few days or weeks or even years.

Again, all my calls are for intra-day only, they can be changed at any minute as the market is constantly on the move, so as my calls. I HAVE TO CHANGE FAST, don't ever point to me that I'm wrong because the market now is up while 10 minutes ago I called the market down, pay attention that I might have changed my call just a second ago. Again and again, this is a day trade forum for TRADERS who can swith direction fast.

If you're interested in the market direction for the next few days and weeks, please subscribe my newsletter services.

Please, members of my newsletter services, refrain from asking questions related to time frame other than day trade only, as it's not fair to other members. You can mail me or PM me for your questions related to market directions other than day trade. You can ask my opinion about certain stocks on the forum though. If I'm busy for the day, your questions posted on the forum are not guaranteed to be answered unless you email me.

Thanks.

Richarab

06/07/2012 Live Update

Post by Richarab »

Cobra wrote:ALL MY CALLS HERE ARE FOR INTRA-DAY ONLY! Unless specified.

NEVER EVER treat my call for the next 10 mintues as I'm calling for the next few days or weeks or even years.

Again, all my calls are for intra-day only, they can be changed at any minute as the market is constantly on the move, so as my calls. I HAVE TO CHANGE FAST, don't ever point to me that I'm wrong because the market now is up while 10 minutes ago I called the market down, pay attention that I might have changed my call just a second ago. Again and again, this is a day trade forum for TRADERS who can swith direction fast.

If you're interested in the market direction for the next few days and weeks, please subscribe my newsletter services.

Please, members of my newsletter services, refrain from asking questions related to time frame other than day trade only, as it's not fair to other members. You can mail me or PM me for your questions related to market directions other than day trade. You can ask my opinion about certain stocks on the forum though. If I'm busy for the day, your questions posted on the forum are not guaranteed to be answered unless you email me.

Thanks.
roger that boss

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?45rx5p
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

I think DAX H&S Top target has fulfilled (close enough is enough as TA is an art not science). The feeling however this down leg isn't over yet, got to be a pullback of some kind later making either lower low or higher low.
Attachments
S.png

allen11

Post by allen11 »

me too,for day/option traders,signals for intra-day r nice

Thanks.
champix

Post by champix »

China unexpectingly lowered rate by 25 bps (3.25%)...
First time in the past 4 years.
This gives additional fuel to markets, especially copper that breaked its downtrend channel...
Attachments
Copper-30mn-June07.jpg
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Good morning DAY traders :D

Dollar on the bottom of the channel
D76.png
and euro trying to get back into old channel
E76-2.png
closer look
E76-1.png
Last edited by KeiZai on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Good morning Cowboys

Ben testifies today at 10:00 am ET
Anyone with a live link PLEASE POST, thx
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Al_Dente wrote:Good morning Cowboys

GM AL
http://www.c-span.org/
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
TraderJoe

Post by TraderJoe »

GM to all - Great article on Gold and Warren Buffett

http://www.businessinsider.com/on-jelly ... old-2012-6

And to follow up on my comment yesterday on steel demand;
From Businessinsider - Today, China CLSA tells us that they just visited a number of steel traders and warehouses and found incredibly quiet activities. Trading volume for April and May was roughly 50-60% of “normal” according to one trader, with his key customers being an elevator manufacturer, a machine processing company, a metal shelf maker (for supermarkets) and an auto part company.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/a-remark ... z1x6jTHdaf

My interest in steel is because I owned a large metal fabrication plant in the USA for over 25 years and during the Bush Jr. Presidency (I like to call him God W), Bush signed an ‘executive order’ imposing a 40-60% import duty on raw sheet steel entering in USA. My price for steel coils increased overnight from .18 per pound to over .30 per pound. Because of my contracts with my customers, I immediately started losing money. I opted to sell my business instead of fighting the steel prices.

My opinion of what would come from this ‘executive order’ by the man was correct, today many of the steel manufacturing plants, if not the majority, are closed.

China and India immediately figured out that this ‘executive order’ was ONLY for raw steel, NOT fabricated steel products. Well, since they figured this out, most of ALL fabricated products are now imported at prices American fabricators CAN NOT MATCH.
jdow

Post by jdow »

PowerShares QQQ (QQQ). 1% up Pre-Market: 63.12 0.60 (0.96%) 9:29AM EDT - Nasdaq Real Time Price
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the open. it's simply too stretched up, so might see a pullback or consolidation here first.
Attachments
1.png

Harapa

Post by Harapa »

My VIX based system triggered a Buy yesterday. The last time I posted this chart the system was at the verge of issuing a signal, however, that scenario did not materialize. Back testing using SPY since May 2007 indicate a return of 113% on the long side and 105% on the short side, vs -13% for the B&H. This signal can last from 8h-many hours. (It is essentially a trend spotter). Note signal bars are superimposition of VIX derived signals. Happy Trading.
Attachments
SPX_VIX.png
Above is provided for informational purposes only and shouldn't be considered an investment advice or recommendation to buy or sell anything.
KENA

Post by KENA »

Well and nicely said..Amen
Thanks.
Apple

Post by Apple »

Al_Dente wrote:Good morning Cowboys

http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN3/
Mr. T

Post by Mr. T »

We're Never Going Down Again!!!!!
-T

"Treat Your Mother Right!!!!"
OverUnder

Post by OverUnder »

DOW Transports. Can they hold a break over the May trendline?
Attachments
djt.JPG
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

aapl need clear the above resistance before I'm really bullish on it. http://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/c ... /260183775;

ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

Longer term trade IDEA, not a recommendation, just something I'm monitoring and considering. Curious to any thoughts, opinions, criticism especially.

Looking to short GDX via buying DUST today and holding for 2-10 days, so not an intraday trade, for the following reasons:
1. ChiOsc on GDX is the highest it's been in 3 years. Chart below points to previous times ChiOsc was above $15m, pointed to an intermediate term top of some kind each time
2. Black bar on daily points to a possible turn, although Cobra would probably say the strength of the move up, starting on May 14th, is too strong not to have another leg.
3. 50% Fib retracement level is providing resistance at around $48.54.
4. Lots of hope the past couple days about another QE program, can't help but think many will be disappointed after Uncle Ben's speech. Although we all know it will eventually happen. But Operation Twist is scheduled to end later this month I believe
5. Would have thought GDX would be up this morning on news China unexpectedly lowered interest rates

Any thoughts?
Attachments
GDX Daily 06.07.12.png
GDX ChiOsc Daily 06.07.12.png
OverUnder

Post by OverUnder »

News report came out just premarket stating Merkel was ready to use Eurozone instruments, however, subsequent reports added the word "existing instruments", putting a bit of a damper on the initial interpretation.