Re: 06/25/2012 Live Update

Post by ClarkW »

Out of SMN and SPXU. Zero holdings, in wait and see mode
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Richarab wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:AAPL “genius bar” [save for later]
“Last year, the company’s 327 global stores took in more money per square foot than any other United States retailer — wireless or otherwise — and almost double that of Tiffany, which was No. 2 on the list, according to the research firm RetailSails. Worldwide, its stores sold $16 billion in merchandise… …About 30,000 of the 43,000 Apple employees in this country work in Apple Stores, as members of the service economy, and many of them earn about $25,000 a year…” http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/busin ... 2_20120624
A brilliant article ...Pulitzer worthy
I thought so too
But I’m not sure if you were LOL on the “brilliant”, as u didn’t :lol:
U usually have such entertaining LOLs
Plus u didn’t have enough time to read it :?:

"I was earning $11.25 an hour. Part of me was thinking, 'This is great. I'm an Apple fan, the store is doing really well.' But when you look at the amount of money the company is making and then you look at your paycheck, it's kind of tough."
[Jordan Golson, who sold about $750,000 worth of computers and gadgets at the Apple Store in Salem, NH]
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
PLUNGE

Post by PLUNGE »

TraderGirl wrote:Potential wave count...SPX...suggests another wave down to wave 5...???
TraerGirl, I agree with your count! I always struggle to interpret the 4th and 5th sub waves of threes, too often trading early ignoring the upcoming waves 4 and 5.

I'm trying to make patience my mantra.
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

KeiZai wrote:Russell 1m
But longs beware!, neckline retest?
Attachments
Rus.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Second attempt to squeeze above vwap
Those are quite SICKLY sqz bars…. so far… bears aren’t serious about covering….yet
[FIVE MINUTE one day chart only]
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Richarab

06/25/2012 Live Update

Post by Richarab »

Al_Dente wrote:
Richarab wrote:
“Last year, the company’s 327 global stores took in more money per square foot than any other United States retailer — wireless or otherwise — and almost double that of Tiffany, which was No. 2 on the list, according to the research firm RetailSails. Worldwide, its stores sold $16 billion in merchandise… …About 30,000 of the 43,000 Apple employees in this country work in Apple Stores, as members of the service economy, and many of them earn about $25,000 a year…” http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/busin ... 2_20120624
A brilliant article ...Pulitzer worthy
I thought so too
But I’m not sure if you were LOL on the “brilliant”, as u didn’t :lol:
U usually have such entertaining LOLs
Plus u didn’t have enough time to read it :?:

"I was earning $11.25 an hour. Part of me was thinking, 'This is great. I'm an Apple fan, the store is doing really well.' But when you look at the amount of money the company is making and then you look at your paycheck, it's kind of tough."
[Jordan Golson, who sold about $750,000 worth of computers and gadgets at the Apple Store in Salem, NH]
I read the article as part of cnbc yesterday
It was a twelve page event on iPhone
It was a fascinating
The hubris of apple plus the take on college kids was a study in new labor movements

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hkkrdm
btran874

Post by btran874 »

TraderGirl wrote:Potential wave count...SPX...suggests another wave down to wave 5...???
I think you didn't see this but it is worth noting. 1 corrective, 2 impulse is not a happy ending for 5 waves down. Hope that helps! :P
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Tutti

Post by Tutti »

“Last year, the company’s 327 global stores took in more money per square foot than any other United States retailer — wireless or otherwise — and almost double that of Tiffany, which was No. 2 on the list, according to the research firm RetailSails. Worldwide, its stores sold $16 billion in merchandise…
…About 30,000 of the 43,000 Apple employees in this country work in Apple Stores, as members of the service economy, and many of them earn about $25,000 a year…”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/busin ... 2_20120624
Just saw this so not sure if I'm missing something in an older conversation, but wanted to add a point.

Good article, great company. Market gets itself together and I'm a buyer.

That said...

Just to keep things in their proper trading context, look up some of the glowing articles on CSCO back in late 1999 and early 2000. Their business was on fire - here's their 4q report: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/146/ne ... i2645.html

"We predicted five years ago that we were in the midst of a second Industrial Revolution that would determine the prosperity of companies, countries, and individuals. Today, the Internet continues to drive the strongest U.S. economy in history," said John Chambers, president and CEO of Cisco Systems. "The second Industrial Revolution is just beginning and businesses and governments are turning to Cisco, the Internet expert, to assist them in transforming their companies and countries. We were very pleased with the balance of our business across all key geographies, products, and lines of business."

Thats right before it went from a split-adjusted high of $82 to a split adjusted low of $8.12, or a tiny loss of 90% of its value. That was arguably the strongest stock of its time - similar in many ways to AAPL today.

Not saying its going to happen now or any time soon, but just b/c business is great today, doesn't mean a new technology or competitor come along that drums them out of business.
Richarab

06/25/2012 Live Update

Post by Richarab »

Tutti wrote:
“Last year, the company’s 327 global stores took in more money per square foot than any other United States retailer — wireless or otherwise — and almost double that of Tiffany, which was No. 2 on the list, according to the research firm RetailSails. Worldwide, its stores sold $16 billion in merchandise…
…About 30,000 of the 43,000 Apple employees in this country work in Apple Stores, as members of the service economy, and many of them earn about $25,000 a year…”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/24/busin ... 2_20120624
Just saw this so not sure if I'm missing something in an older conversation, but wanted to add a point.

Good article, great company. Market gets itself together and I'm a buyer.

That said...

Just to keep things in their proper trading context, look up some of the glowing articles on CSCO back in late 1999 and early 2000. Their business was on fire - here's their 4q report: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/146/ne ... i2645.html

"We predicted five years ago that we were in the midst of a second Industrial Revolution that would determine the prosperity of companies, countries, and individuals. Today, the Internet continues to drive the strongest U.S. economy in history," said John Chambers, president and CEO of Cisco Systems. "The second Industrial Revolution is just beginning and businesses and governments are turning to Cisco, the Internet expert, to assist them in transforming their companies and countries. We were very pleased with the balance of our business across all key geographies, products, and lines of business."

Thats right before it went from a split-adjusted high of $82 to a split adjusted low of $8.12, or a tiny loss of 90% of its value. That was arguably the strongest stock of its time - similar in many ways to AAPL today.

Not saying its going to happen now or any time soon, but just b/c business is great today, doesn't mean a new technology or competitor come along that drums them out of business.
Better yet
Nokia
I couldn't imagine using anything else at the time - what, 5 years ago?

Stuff changes quicker now. Period.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pnnnfd
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Gold is forming nice candle...out of fuel? :lol:
GOLD01.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
Tutti

Post by Tutti »

Richarab wrote:
Tutti wrote:

Better yet
Nokia
I couldn't imagine using anything else at the time - what, 5 years ago?

Stuff changes quicker now. Period.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pnnnfd

Yes, exactly! Great point.
How about your trusty blackberry phone of just a few years ago. Research In Motion owned the corporate smart phone space. RIMM, on sale today just 93% off of its all time highs. $143 - $9.00
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

so far the rebound is weak especially AAPL looks weak.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

PAGING richarab and tutti
No matter what side u r on
No matter how u slice it
That is more bad bad PR for AAPL

It may or may not have an effect intermediate-to-longer term on AAPL stock….either they boost pay to salespeople (reducing AAPL eps) or have higher employee turnover (ditto), or maybe WMT-style picket lines. All we need is ONE decent competing gadget….just ONE...

Ps thank you tutti, I will study that CSCO reference more carefully later :o
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Central bank existential crisis confirmed

EDIT: lol sorry bad post, here it is
Attachments
1234567.pdf
(6.28 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

PLUNGE wrote:
TraerGirl, I agree with your count! I always struggle to interpret the 4th and 5th sub waves of threes, too often trading early ignoring the upcoming waves 4 and 5.

I'm trying to make patience my mantra.
i guess we will see how it works out... :D :D
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

Al_Dente wrote:PAGING richarab and tutti
No matter what side u r on
No matter how u slice it
That is more bad bad PR for AAPL

It may or may not have an effect intermediate-to-longer term on AAPL stock….either they boost pay to salespeople (reducing AAPL eps) or have higher employee turnover (ditto), or maybe WMT-style picket lines. All we need is ONE decent competing gadget….just ONE...

Ps thank you tutti, I will study that CSCO reference more carefully later :o
True!! This is when the Unions come in and try to convince the employees that they need them....and then all goes to hell....
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

trend line support. but aapl looks already break down the bear flag which is bad.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

SPYbar.
Attachments
364.png
uempel

Post by uempel »

Update:
q6.png
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

XIV just broke below lower support trend line....
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-06-25 at 11.57.45 AM.png