Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/29/2011 Intraday Watering

BullBear52x

Re: 07/29/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by BullBear52x »

Here is close up, MA200 is key for bulls survival, trades below it this time, it will be another charm for bears.
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
feibingjia

Post by feibingjia »

silicon_beaver wrote:
feibingjia wrote:
CoolMax wrote:I suddenly remember the 700B event back 2008 at similar level. which I learnt big lesson at that time.

My strategy would be build Long with short term OTM PUT to hedge.

Good luck to everyone!
CM lao da hao! Can you please tell me which month of 2008? So i can go to check it from the chart...Thanks!!
should be Oct. 2008?
Thanks. :)
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

lilitulip wrote:Hello Cobra, XLI broke below June low and MA 200, is this meaningful indicator? thank you
no. you need watch XLY, this one leads.

Actually nothing matters, I found the so called 70% winning rate 1-2-3 Formation (see getting start) was incorrect, 1-2-3 Formation failure rate perhaps is higher than 70% if not 100% !!! :evil:

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

by the way, for bears, as long as today closes in red, it's victory although Cobra Impulse System definitely will cover as long as open < close, and switch to bottom fish mode. This doesn't mean the low was in, but definitely close.

why red day is bear's victory, because statistically, 5 down days in a row, then the low today most likely will be revisited.

soku

Post by soku »

Cobra wrote:
lilitulip wrote:Hello Cobra, XLI broke below June low and MA 200, is this meaningful indicator? thank you

Actually nothing matters, I found the so called 70% winning rate 1-2-3 Formation (see getting start) was incorrect, 1-2-3 Formation failure rate perhaps is higher than 70% if not 100% !!! :evil:
come on man. what's going on.
i like 123 and i have seen people trading it and make constant profits. most failure i saw were pretty much wrong application of it.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Tabby

Post by Tabby »

Loada,
Chinese alphabets are very hard and complicated. I browsed through your Chinese forum.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

soku wrote:
Cobra wrote:

i like 123 and i have seen people trading it and make constant profits. most failure i saw were pretty much wrong application of it.
unless you use extra larger stop loss. from my experiences, 1-2-3 failure rate is extremely high. maybe you saw me commented a lot 1-2-3 before in my daily report, but nowadays I almost don't mention them? Or at least don't bother to calculate the target any more, that's because they mostly failed.

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

soku wrote:
Cobra wrote:

anyway, deed speak, from now on, in the intraday chart, let's paper trade some 1-2-3 to see whether they work or not. :lol:

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

This is bears town
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
rpccharts

Post by rpccharts »

Airlines cheap way oversold - ready for a squeeze.

http://www.tickerspy.com/index/Airline-Stocks
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

let's try 1-2-3 now. 2 potential 1-2-3 on the chart, see dashed lines, breakout would be 1-2-3 up, breakdown would be 1-2-3 down. Let's see. :roll:
Attachments
1.png

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

interesting, 3 phantom bars today all pointing down.
Attachments
1.png

newbie_77

Post by newbie_77 »

hello all,
i am new to this forum but have been following it for last 2 weeks and have found extremely abundance with trading information.

at least for today, they might try to pin the spy around 130 (i am saying because of weekly expiration :mrgreen: ) of course it does not matter much when we talk about trends and technical.

once again thank you all for having such a lively discussion. helps newbie like me :twisted:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

newbie_77 wrote:hello all,
i am new to this forum but have been following it for last 2 weeks and have found extremely abundance with trading information.

at least for today, they might try to pin the spy around 130 (i am saying because of weekly expiration :mrgreen: ) of course it does not matter much when we talk about trends and technical.

once again thank you all for having such a lively discussion. helps newbie like me :twisted:
Hmm, could be due to weekly expiration. Thanks and welcome aboard. :D

StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

newbie_77 wrote:hello all,

Interesting thought. The market seems really nervous but maybe it is just algos on the weekly options.

Hard to say if market on close will be the real indicator of what market thinks or just grabbing month end profits.
99er

Post by 99er »

Go Get'em Karl

The House controls the purse strings. Period. If you don't like that it's just tough crap - that's The Constitution and there isn't a thing you can do about it. The House is saying no more credit - we will live within our means.

Your two choices, and President Obama's, are to either:

Accept this and live within it. You then have a few months to negotiate exactly how you're going to get there and what mix of tax increases and cuts will take place. Yes, it will suck. Sorry. The math is what it is. See the chart below.

Keep playing your damn Senatorial and "Kingship" imperial games. Your time to whine expires Tuesday if you do that, because you cannot force The House to pass anything, and if there's no bill then there's no more debt. Period, end of discussion, full stop, the budget is balanced immediately by default.

Pick one Dingy Harry and the rest of your Senatorial clowncar brigade. Ditto for you Obama. There ain't jack and crap you do about it - these are the facts, and you can either agree to a balanced budget that is negotiated within the next few months or you get one right now.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=190985
StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

Looks like we has a channel to go into close...or need to break up here.

I've been trading like a mofo because driving cross country back to LA all next week. I might have Cobra forum withdraw.
Attachments
SPY_1min.png
rpccharts

Post by rpccharts »

Love this chart from my buddy Madrone

Looks like buy at close, Sunday nite or Mon AM
moreno

Post by moreno »

FLASH: House to vote on revised Boehner debt plan between 6:00 and 7:30 pm EDT -Republican aide
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

OK, I see small 1-2-3 formation breakdown here, let's see how this plays out.
Attachments
1.png