Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

05/01/2019 Live Update

Trades with cats

Re: 05/01/2019 Live Update

Post by Trades with cats »

I have to agree the Apple Services area looks good. My concern is they are moving beyond music and going after Comcast, Disney, Netflix and Amazon toe to toe. So once again going from an area they invented and monopolized into a highly contested area. So it always gets back to the same thing, who got them into the music business and who upended the full length animation business and where or where is his successor.

There are no outsized margins when you are in a highly contested product market. The big margins come to the innovative new must have products and then that nasty product cycle circle chart we learned about in biz school shows up. That is my issue, everything they have is moving into the lower margin areas of product life cycle. Except the PC business where they have differentiated their product but the buyers tend to be a small part of the public limiting growth.
Trades with cats

ES 06-19 (8000 Tick) 2019_05_01 (10_43_25 AM).png
Overshot by 2 points at the beginning of a limited Asian session.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

If we hit 39-40ish, I will sit out. move my sell stop down to 52.25
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

so far sell the rip were going real good. any time the new sell creates new LL (vise versa on the buy) it's normal, it suppose to be normal unlike the fake of yesterday. :D
Attachments
1.PNG
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

5min
Second Panel: SPX is starting to wedge a bit
Third Panel: inverted VIX shows a triangle with lower highs and higher lows
51five.png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
K447

Post by K447 »

Trades with cats wrote:I have to agree the Apple Services area looks good. My concern is ... going from an area they invented and monopolized ...
Sounds like you are misremembering Apple's past, or their method.

Apple did not invent the portable compact music player. There were numerous other succesful products around when the iPod shipped, and the competition did not roll over right away. iPod eventually become the dominant product, but not for lack of competition.

Apple did not invent the mobile phone or even the 'smart phone'. Blackberry and Nokia were successful, and quite dominant. The iPhone was 'late' and 'too expensive'. Andoid became significant while iPhone was still establishing itself. To this day, the majority of the smartphone sales volume is Android handsets. Somehow the iPhone became sucessful.

iTunes Music store gerw out of the iPod era, and eventually music sales become a revenue driver. While music label physical CD sales were a thing, the 'real competition' was mostly piracy, actual 'free music' from numerous online sources. Somehow iTunes managed to accumulate paying customers.

Areas that Apple did 'pretty much' invent might include the iPad, Apple Watch and Airpods. These product lines are current growing at rates ranging from quite good to impressive.

The wearables category is now a significant revenue portion for Apple.

There may never be another single product as huge as iPhone. Asking Apple to create another 'iPhone' may not be a good way to look at it. iPhone is not going away anytime soon, and it may not matter so much whether year over year sales rise or fall a little.

The surrounding product categories, services and new directions Apple is extending not only defend the desiability of using Apple devices, they reduce the overall influence of iPhone current sales on the company's future viability.

Apple is now the only company from which you can have an integrated computing environment. Watch, Mac, iPad and iPhone all natively coordinate. And not just with Apple software. Third party apps also work across the device types. Software from all the major players works on Apple devices - Microsoft Office, Outlook, Google Maps, Google Docs, Adobe, etc

And so on. Apple is just not going to suddenly evaporate. The Windows PC dominant era is a distant memory and not a useful paradigm. Mobile has outrun PC market scale for a long time now. Not just in devices sold but in money scale.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

I think the bottom of today is in, I am sitting out until the Fed minute.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

something like this but today will be especially volatile, I am leaning bearish as usual see $VIX
Attachments
1.PNG
K447

Post by K447 »

Trades with cats wrote:... who got them into the music business and who upended the full length animation business and where or where is his successor...
The missing Messiah thing is not useful.

Disney is doing just fine, but Walt has been gone for a long time.

Steve stepped back from running Apple how many years ago?

Steve introduced the original iPad back in 2010, which I think was the last product intro he did on stage. This was the era of the iPhone 4 and then 4s. We are coming up on a decade after Steve, and Apple is not 'lost'.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... __um7uKMid
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Crocks (CROX) launches a new style with “Mini Fanny Packs” on the back and I’m not kidding
Costs $53
[CNBC few minutes ago]
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Trades with cats

My understanding is not that Apple has always made a me two follow the crowd product and then refined it to become the industry leader. Rather my understanding is that they have consistently made a key innovation that has made a huge difference in consumer acceptance. Of course I can easily be mistaken. What I do know for sure is that major tech companies have to re-invent themselves on a regular basis. We will know in a couple of years if the current changes at Apple are enough to turn things around and get growth back to prior levels.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Wakey Wakey
I’m calling HAPPY HOUR early today:
HAPPY HOUR
oy cat.png.png
Trades with cats

Everybody out of the pool, it's almost time.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Trades with cats wrote:Everybody out of the pool, it's almost time.
Attachments
giphy (1).gif
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

show time in 1 min.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

NO CHANGE

“Powell is Pavlov’s Dog” :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :o
Trades with cats

Looks like algo's are waiting for the presser.
Trades with cats

Testing the line again.
JFR

Post by JFR »

DOW stocks. IBM, CSCO up. HD, NKE down.

2019-05-01_1115.png
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.