07/01/2011 Intraday Watering

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 07/01/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Cobra »

no L1 but let's see the current bar...
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Nomorework

Post by Nomorework »

WhyNot wrote:I see simillar pattern with 2007 Top :mrgreen: :lol:
Those look eerily similar... This week trapped me with my pants down? Time to double down? I'm not sure I have the balls :?
feibingjia

Post by feibingjia »

Cobra wrote:
feibingjia wrote:
Cobra wrote:
alwzopn wrote:Cobra,

VIX hitting lower BB, -ve money flow reading didn't work.

I think, the best way to make money is buy when others panic and sentiment reading are too bearish.
the best way to make money is try not to be smart: always follow. For example now the market is up, so long only, don't even bother to find a top, that's the secret of trading. You see my short-term model? nothing unique with that model, it simply follows, but it makes steady money.

my report is different, as I've been saying, it has to find top or bottom, otherwise the only thing I can say everyday is like this: trend is up/down.
Ban Zhang, I remember you said before, the stop loss of your short term model is usually the previous low...am I right? Thanks!!
not previous low, better the previous swing low, if possible, the 2nd swing low as the 1st swing low is always the stop run target.

now i'm thinking of using ATR as stop loss because it's more objective. the swing low as stop loss is too subjective!
Got you, thanks, ban zhang!
So we need to keep tracking the daily prices of SDS and SSO, and then calculate the ATR by ourselves? Or, is there any place from where we can get the info (hopefully, I’m not the only lazy-bones...hehehe...)?
feibingjia

Post by feibingjia »

Cobra wrote:
feibingjia wrote:
Cobra wrote:
alwzopn wrote:Cobra,

VIX hitting lower BB, -ve money flow reading didn't work.

I think, the best way to make money is buy when others panic and sentiment reading are too bearish.
the best way to make money is try not to be smart: always follow. For example now the market is up, so long only, don't even bother to find a top, that's the secret of trading. You see my short-term model? nothing unique with that model, it simply follows, but it makes steady money.

my report is different, as I've been saying, it has to find top or bottom, otherwise the only thing I can say everyday is like this: trend is up/down.
Ban Zhang, I remember you said before, the stop loss of your short term model is usually the previous low...am I right? Thanks!!
not previous low, better the previous swing low, if possible, the 2nd swing low as the 1st swing low is always the stop run target.

now i'm thinking of using ATR as stop loss because it's more objective. the swing low as stop loss is too subjective!
jamesmith

Post by jamesmith »

soku wrote:greetings from hampton. beer cold, girls hot. life is good here. :D
my measured target is about spx 1335 / es 1330. also noted major res at 1333-1345. i don't expect it to be taken today. just my opinion. no trading for me.
kena, take care of my cat while i am on vacation.
:o :shock: me so jealous~~
STC

Post by STC »

Cobra, VIX body is out of BB bottom today, does it mean good pull back coming next week or two? Also does huge weekly bar mean buying exhaustion?
alphahorn

Post by alphahorn »

Just checking in on my bear friends, trend is still our friend. In my opinion, this is not going to be the sort of wave that allows the hopeful to jump on board until it inflicts a great deal of pain. Indicators still decidedly long/buy. It looks like wave 3 off the bottom is extending, 1345 should contain it momentarily, but this puppy will be breaking 1400 very soon me thinks. :D
Subscription website www.alphahorn.com trading ETFs since 2011. Portfolio has grown from $100,000 to over $700,000 as of 11/19
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

feibingjia wrote: Got you, thanks, ban zhang!
So we need to keep tracking the daily prices of SDS and SSO, and then calculate the ATR by ourselves? Or, is there any place from where we can get the info (hopefully, I’m not the only lazy-bones...hehehe...)?
you can put ATR indicator on your daily chart then you shall have the ATR value.

I'd prefer to use %. Say, the current SSO 2*ATR(10) is 5% while SDS 2*ATR(10) is 6%. So whatever your entry price, times 95% is your stop loss price.

HK88

Post by HK88 »

Cobra wrote:by the way if you're trapped bears, no need to cut now, I don't think such a movement can be sustained the next week. I might be able to use overbought as title which almost guarantee a pullback.
The last time SPX was this much away from its 13 day EMA was July 2009, this is really an incredible move, which usually does not happen in the later stages of a bull market :o
proteus46

Post by proteus46 »

99er wrote:Honey, is that Going Down?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2s7WMVMDjU

Crank up the volume.
The Market is smokin like those guitars were smokin, thanks,
I'll forward to my son,, he plays electric and acoustic
ForexChemist

Post by ForexChemist »

WhyNot wrote:I see simillar pattern with 2007 Top :mrgreen: :lol:
please check the different MA's. Now we are bouncing back from MA200. We were deep below MA200 back in 2007. I wish it retreats from here so I can load up more.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

STC wrote:Cobra, VIX body is out of BB bottom today, does it mean good pull back coming next week or two? Also does huge weekly bar mean buying exhaustion?
VIX close below BB bottom is just part of the setup, you have to wait until it rises into bb bottom. but the odds are not very high for trading VIX bb signal.

ctu688

Post by ctu688 »

Cobra wrote:
HK88 wrote:I am sure the title of Cobra's report will read sth.. like "Short term overbought"... :D
Title: Retire earlier is never a dream!
Hey Cobra, I am forced trier early by the beach (CA) and poorly. Not a dream for sure. Now I had to fight hart in this market. With you help, I feel a less painful for sure. Thank you very much taking us along into your retirement dream. . 8-)
HK88

Post by HK88 »

STC wrote:Cobra, VIX body is out of BB bottom today, does it mean good pull back coming next week or two? Also does huge weekly bar mean buying exhaustion?
Which source are you looking at? It appears that it will close out of BB but not the whole body is out of BB.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

ctu688 wrote:
Cobra wrote:
HK88 wrote:I am sure the title of Cobra's report will read sth.. like "Short term overbought"... :D
Title: Retire earlier is never a dream!
Hey Cobra, I am forced trier early by the beach (CA) and poorly. Not a dream for sure. Now I had to fight hart in this market. With you help, I feel a less painful for sure. Thank you very much taking us along into your retirement dream. . 8-)
:D

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

i admit, this last bar sure looks a lot like an exhaustion bar. :o
Attachments
1.png

feibingjia

Post by feibingjia »

Cobra wrote:hmm, who said the target is for fun? :roll: :lol:
Cobra, you are the man! :D
KENA

Post by KENA »

soku wrote:greetings from hampton. beer cold, girls hot. life is good here. :D
my measured target is about spx 1335 / es 1330. also noted major res at 1333-1345. i don't expect it to be taken today. just my opinion. no trading for me.
kena, take care of my cat while i am on vacation.
Ya I will ..Will make good company for my Big female cat.
EvilTrader

Post by EvilTrader »

Petsamo wrote:Bad tick on SPY.

You see, if something unexpected in greece/europe happens over the weekend, a crash is a real possibility. :o

:lol:
99er

Post by 99er »