Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

05/30/2014 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 05/30/2014 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

tsf wrote:
DumbMoney wrote:Today's Cobra's Market View BBS Index is overbought...only 2 pages at 15:00.

From time to time in the past, TK used the volume of Slopers'' comments as a surrogate measure of market sentiment.
Maybe a low volume may suggest bulls are getting complacent and on auto pilot instead of checking Cobra's expert opinions.
Just a theory :mrgreen:

Yes, I've been using the same method to gauge the sentiment. The visits to our live update forum is down to below 2000 from 7500. It is a sign of complacent.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

Cobra wrote:
tsf wrote:
DumbMoney wrote:Today's Cobra's Market View BBS Index is overbought...only 2 pages at 15:00.

From time to time in the past, TK used the volume of Slopers'' comments as a surrogate measure of market sentiment.
Maybe a low volume may suggest bulls are getting complacent and on auto pilot instead of checking Cobra's expert opinions.

Yes, I've been using the same method to gauge the sentiment. The visits to our live update forum is down to below 2000 from 7500. It is a sign of complacent.
Well, I'm drinking with some friends, so I'm not posting as much.
sgregs

Post by sgregs »

I thought it was a massive outbreak of FED fever, a virus fatal to all active bears unless sleeping in a cave awaiting the Cobra top call! :lol:
DumbMoney

Post by DumbMoney »

tsf wrote:

Yes,but we have to say,the "auto pilot systems" are strong now,bears need to pray for the next week though they(include me) have so many bearish evidences.
merryme

Post by merryme »

Mr. Heck,
Regarding the quote from Marty Chenard below, is there a way to monitor "OPTIONS INFLOWING LIQUIDITY" on an "INTRA-DAY basis?"

"If you feel you really must be in the market no matter what, then pay heed to the Options Inflowing Liquidity and go with it on an intra-day basis for protection."
Sharing research and ideas only, this is not trading advice.
“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.” – Doug Larson
K447

Re: Forum traffic

Post by K447 »

Cobra wrote:... The visits to our live update forum is down to below 2000 from 7500...
Is that unique visitors?

Per day or week?
Varaha

Post by Varaha »

Heck wrote:
Royal Flush wrote:
Heck wrote:
Royal Flush wrote:
Heck wrote:Opening long Index undervalued Puts more than twice Calls = Market Decline

http://www.ise.com/market-data/isee-index/

QQQ JUN 06 2014 91.00 P - 09:30:00
Bought to Open @ $0.52
Hi Heck, I read opening long Index undervalued Calls more than twice Puts. I calculated the closing average for C/P for Equity = 169.8%, for Index = 51.5%
So Index approximately puts are twice calls on average, put the Q's are declining anyway ;)
ISEE Index (not Equity) call/put ratio is 46%, so *undervalued* Index (not overvalued Equity) put/call is 1/.46 = 217%
The key is which undervalued (not overvalued) data set ratio (of three) to use:

Check All, Equity, Index implied volatility premiums versus VIX or VXN, since odds favour buying undervalued premia and selling overvalued.

Raw Index Data at 12:30:

39,438 Calls 85,145 Puts 124,583 Total 46%
If I understand you correctly then, at 9:50 the Indices & ETF Only C/P volume was 7,952/3,543 = 224, therefore implied volatility premium of puts was low because of the preference for calls and one should buy Index puts and sell calls?
No.
(Used to teach university Option course and inverse multiple simultaneous variables not always easy to cipher.)

The first two ISEE readings of the day, undervalued Index/ETF options were on the buy call side (call volume > put volume) and the market went up. Then subsequent readings were on the sell side (put volume >call volume) and market went down.

Implied volatility premiums of specific Indices/ETF options like QQQ or SPY are given by most brokers.
Compares them to VXN or VIX and each other (calls vs puts) to see if they are undervalued or overvalued, then watch what the undervalued classes (All, Equity, Index calls/puts) are doing.
GL
PS Jon and Pete Najarian Option Monsters have a "free" promo book out for shipping and handling:
http://www.howwetradeoptions.com/
(Receive no money ~ met DRJ at TSAAF presentation.)

<< Jon and Pete Najarian Option Monsters have a "free" promo book out for shipping and handling: >>

Supposedly, Joseph P. Kennedy (1888-1969) knew that it was time to get out of the market in 1929 when his shoeshine boy began giving him stock tips. Contemporary citations have not been found, but the event appears in a 1965 biography of Joseph P. Kennedy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the 4th touch and breakout usually should be real.
Attachments
1.png

gappy

Post by gappy »

2 hour. Today or no?
Capture.PNG
Good weekend to Cobra voters. 8-)
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Heck

Post by Heck »

merryme wrote:Mr. Heck,
Regarding the quote from Marty Chenard below, is there a way to monitor "OPTIONS INFLOWING LIQUIDITY" on an "INTRA-DAY basis?"

"If you feel you really must be in the market no matter what, then pay heed to the Options Inflowing Liquidity and go with it on an intra-day basis for protection."

Buy undervalued and sell overvalued according to implied volatility premiums relative to Indices and each other.

Not always right.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. The first trading day of June is bull friendly. thank you guys, I'll see you in the next thread soon.

before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Attachments
1.png

Heck

Post by Heck »

Cobra wrote:well, guess that's it for today. The first trading day of June is bull friendly. thank you guys, I'll see you in the next thread soon.

before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Nice trading.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

I said the 4th break usually is real. what? only 2 points. 2 points are a lot for a day trader, come on.
Attachments
1.png

Varaha

Post by Varaha »

For what its worth I ran a Gibbs sampler that backtests all possible moving average schemes in a 32 - dimension parameter space,
where the outcome is the price in 9 trading days from now.

The (Bayesian) probability that GDX will be up (in 9 trading days from now) is 98.5 %.
The only other really high result I noticed was Fidelity Contrafund which had a probability of 96.2%.
Royal Flush

Post by Royal Flush »

Heck wrote:
Royal Flush wrote:
Heck wrote:
Royal Flush wrote:
Heck wrote:Opening long Index undervalued Puts more than twice Calls = Market Decline

QQQ JUN 06 2014 91.00 P - 09:30:00
Bought to Open @ $0.52
Hi Heck, I read opening long Index undervalued Calls more than twice Puts. I calculated the closing average for C/P for Equity = 169.8%, for Index = 51.5%
So Index approximately puts are twice calls on average, put the Q's are declining anyway ;)
ISEE Index (not Equity) call/put ratio is 46%, so *undervalued* Index (not overvalued Equity) put/call is 1/.46 = 217%
The key is which undervalued (not overvalued) data set ratio (of three) to use:

Check All, Equity, Index implied volatility premiums versus VIX or VXN, since odds favour buying undervalued premia and selling overvalued.

Raw Index Data at 12:30:

39,438 Calls 85,145 Puts 124,583 Total 46%
If I understand you correctly then, at 9:50 the Indices & ETF Only C/P volume was 7,952/3,543 = 224, therefore implied volatility premium of puts was low because of the preference for calls and one should buy Index puts and sell calls?
No.
(Used to teach university Option course and inverse multiple simultaneous variables not always easy to cipher.)

The first two ISEE readings of the day, undervalued Index/ETF options were on the buy call side (call volume > put volume) and the market went up. Then subsequent readings were on the sell side (put volume >call volume) and market went down.

Implied volatility premiums of specific Indices/ETF options like QQQ or SPY are given by most brokers.
Compares them to VXN or VIX and each other (calls vs puts) to see if they are undervalued or overvalued, then watch what the undervalued classes (All, Equity, Index calls/puts) are doing.
GL
PS Jon and Pete Najarian Option Monsters have a "free" promo book out for shipping and handling:
http://www.howwetradeoptions.com/
(Receive no money ~ met DRJ at TSAAF presentation.)
Thanks but Amazon readers give the book 2 out of 5, I think I'll give it a pass.
http://www.amazon.com/Options-Building- ... ewpoints=1
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

UUP 18-day strong dog.

Dollar strength is not hurting equity strength. Central bankers are flooding capital into the dollar and it spreads to all dollar-paper asset classes... that would be one reading of this...
Heck

Post by Heck »

Thanks but Amazon readers give the book 2 out of 5, I think I'll give it a pass.
http://www.amazon.com/Options-Building- ... ewpoints=1[/quote]

Suit Yourself

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth ... net-worth/

GL trading