Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/25/2011 Intraday Watering

soku

Re: 08/25/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by soku »

soku wrote:
soku wrote: if 1166.5 taken, i will bet for 1172
rejected at 1167. fighting for support around 1161. i am expecting 1 more try to the upside.
support in. next push has the same target. 1167 taken then add long to 1172.
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

jarbo456 wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:Bear flag
looks like flag breakout on the 1minute.
yes, and a daily chart is one big bear flag in the making also.
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

quientuves wrote:HEy! Cobra, This is just an idea. And may be it's stupid but...

Why don't you write and sell something like a White Paper about your basics, main stats you choose, tools, describing your systems...? That could be a way to make some money if you don't want to make this or there suscription... we all know ads are not what they were...
This site will be free as long as I can because it's not simply because of me, you're here, it's because all the brilliant traders here offering excellent ideas, so I intend to make this open.

For others, I mean my daily report, I'll have to take some further step soon. Because my wife is with me now, she won't tolerate me hanging on the web site all day long without any income for too long. So everything has an end, hopefully you could understand.

The reason I haven't taken any action so far is I'm worried about my other web site which is hutong9.net which servers the same purpose here as an open site for gathering ideas. I'm afraid my leave of that site will bring it down dramatically. So really, a tough decision here.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Ninja Trader wrote:Cobra the worst of the worst?

Uh....I think notYou (Cobra) are one of a handful of people on the web that consistently practice TA properly

I'd just totally ignore anyone saying anything critical about you, it's simply envy showing it's ugly face
Thanks. :lol:

soku

Post by soku »

Cobra wrote:
quientuves wrote:HEy! Cobra, This is just an idea. And may be it's stupid but...

Why don't you write and sell something like a White Paper about your basics, main stats you choose, tools, describing your systems...? That could be a way to make some money if you don't want to make this or there suscription... we all know ads are not what they were...

This site will be free as long as I can because it's not simply because of me, you're here, it's because all the brilliant traders here offering excellent ideas, so I intend to make this open.

For others, I mean my daily report, I'll have to take some further step soon.
Because my wife is with me now, she won't tolerate me hanging on the web site all day long without any income for too long. So everything has an end, hopefully you could understand.

The reason I haven't taken any action so far is I'm worried about my other web site which is hutong9.net which servers the same purpose here as an open site for gathering ideas. I'm afraid my leave of that site will bring it down dramatically. So really, a tough decision here.
lesson number 1: always blame the spouse :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

soku wrote:
Cobra wrote:

For others, I mean my daily report, I'll have to take some further step soon.
Because my wife is with me now, she won't tolerate me hanging on the web site all day long without any income for too long. So everything has an end, hopefully you could understand.

lesson number 1: always blame the spouse :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol: :mrgreen:

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

soku wrote:lesson number 1: always blame the spouse :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
we're not together for the last 2 years.

I specifically told her not to come back last year, so kind bought me another year for the web site and other matters. I know most of you would feel very hard to understand this (because we have different culture) but well, that's the sacrifices I've made and it's true.

So it's not a blame. We DID make the sacrifices.

shumushu

Post by shumushu »

Cobra, do you actually own hutong9.net? that is a huge site man. If you leave in the future, I will be sad and I will have withdraw symptoms, IE lose loads of money, not able to view your forum and daily report.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

nothing to say, I'm still bearish biased today, but bulls are surprisingly strong, I'm well prepared to be wrong AGAIN. :mrgreen:
Attachments
1.png

StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

jarbo456 wrote:
StrikePrice wrote:
Two great trade setups just the same as yesterday. Not sure if the Long will work as well as it did yesterday. Now time to read all your great posts.

jarbo456,
I may be remembering incorrectly, but I believe Buffet bought Goldman Bonds with a 10% yield guarantee. So I'm not sure the stock situation equates. I hope you can get out of the BAC trade on the next major pullback.

I don't think the Obama admin had anything to do with the Buffet deal. They haven't proven to be that savvy. It is likely Buffet may have said something to Obama and it got leaked into the market to truncate the Wave 5 down which in theory leads to a 100% retrace of the Wave 5, though this deep pullback today leads to me to think the only way we now get to 1208 is with a surprise in GDP and some of Ben's finely crafted words. Have to see how this Wave 4 works out and whether we get the breakdown as many are looking for. We'd then switch it over to a A-B-C with Wave 1 down having started this morning.
almost identical deal with goldman, except for the the 10% dividend vs. 6% on the BAC preferred. both deals were preferred (which act more like bonds - but are still considered part of the equity lien), and both are callable, the GS preferred callable at a 10% premium and the BAC at 5% premium.

http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2011/08 ... nvestment/

i think once my puts are back in the money, i'll sell.
Right, preferred stock, thank you for correcting me.

I guess what it comes down to is Buffet has pledge all his money to charity when he dies. In his mind while still alive, Banks look like charity.Who knows whether this is goo dor bad for the US economy as it really is just a band-aid on a bullet hole. Bottom line is does stink to get trapped in a good trade because of things like dumb analyst downgrades or rich billionaires with nothing else to do with their money.

On the flip side, Steve Jobs stepping down before dying was the best possible thing to do for the stock. End up being two small shocks to the stock instead of one big one.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

shumushu wrote:Cobra, do you actually own hutong9.net? that is a huge site man. If you leave in the future, I will be sad and I will have withdraw symptoms, IE lose loads of money, not able to view your forum and daily report.
I own the site. I won't leave. I just mean I won't post my reports there (because it's not free anymore) but everything else would go as usual.

99er

Post by 99er »

SPX
Update.
http://99ercharts.blogspot.com/2011/08/spx_9758.html

Honey...would you start the car please?
trader_jay

Post by trader_jay »

Maybe it is better to get some input from your wife. No doubt you are very good at technicals, but she may have better marketing ideas.

Cobra wrote:
soku wrote:lesson number 1: always blame the spouse :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I specifically told her not to come back last year, so kind bought me another year for the web site and other matters. I know most of you would feel very hard to understand this (because we have different culture) but well, that's the sacrifices I've made and it's true.

davros

Post by davros »

Cobra wrote:

For others, I mean my daily report, I'll have to take some further step soon. Because my wife is with me now, she won't tolerate me hanging on the web site all day long without any income for too long. So everything has an end, hopefully you could understand.

you should have a membership site where everything is integrated, the blog, the forum, members could have their own blogs, lots of stuff
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

davros wrote:
Cobra wrote:

you should have a membership site where everything is integrated, the blog, the forum, members could have their own blogs, lots of stuff
right, thanks. May be we should move to vBulletin eventually.

99er

Post by 99er »

Start the car? Why?

http://99ercharts.blogspot.com/2011/08/ ... ng_25.html

Will only be posting on the weekends for awhile; new training with Fivolpanacci.

Good luck, folks!
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

99er wrote:SPX
Update.
http://99ercharts.blogspot.com/2011/08/spx_9758.html

Honey...would you start the car please?
I like your MACD, but why let the woman drive you around isn't that a little risky? :lol: now I am sexist :P
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

trader_jay wrote:Maybe it is better to get some input from your wife. No doubt you are very good at technicals, but she may have better marketing ideas.

Cobra wrote:

we need think about our next step carefully. I want a balanced solution of course. :lol:

KENA

Post by KENA »

Another short..GMCR has put in a tripple top since the 18th to 25th.Looks to be in the mood to break the trend line in the 93 area.Look at your charts and make up your mind.If the mkt goes dn this may go for a good short profit.Wait and see.