Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/27/2021 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 01/27/2021 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If the current bar closes strong then good chances the range low was in. At the best for bears for today it'd be just a range day. I see people are buying small caps aggressively.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

I think we see the bottom until the Fed minute, last sell for me, need to see LL from here, very low %.
Attachments
1.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
JFR

Post by JFR »

BullBear52x wrote:
Cobra wrote:
JFR wrote:trader feels its all in the charts. TA. Be quick. Be nimble. Use targets and stops. Respect the trends. Just imo.
This kind of style can get you rich overnight but also is the reason you lose everything overnight.
The disadvantage of retail traders is they can not closed out their position if there is big overnight move that go against them. this is one main reason I choose to trade futures, the advantage of the fact that I can bail any time, cash session or globex hours.
I would like to see all the markets go 24/7, 7 days a week. Open all the time. IMO it seems to be moving that way. Extended hours. SPY open late and early, for example. Et cetera. Forex and futures are good. But go 7 days, please. Like a 24/7 supermarket.

The downside, of course, is that one has a hard time getting away from the markets. "The market never sleeps." Ha ha
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

JFR wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
Cobra wrote:
JFR wrote:trader feels its all in the charts. TA. Be quick. Be nimble. Use targets and stops. Respect the trends. Just imo.
This kind of style can get you rich overnight but also is the reason you lose everything overnight.
The disadvantage of retail traders is they can not closed out their position if there is big overnight move that go against them. this is one main reason I choose to trade futures, the advantage of the fact that I can bail any time, cash session or globex hours.
I would like to see all the markets go 24/7, 7 days a week. Open all the time. IMO it seems to be moving that way. Extended hours. SPY open late and early, for example. Et cetera. Forex and futures are good. But go 7 days, please. Like a 24/7 supermarket.

The downside, of course, is that one has a hard time getting away from the markets. "The market never sleeps." Ha ha
It's fair game for all to access but it will be costly to the house. in reality you don't want to trade in low volume overnight trade, could be very volatile, high liquidity cash session is my favorite.
JFR

Post by JFR »

Cobra wrote: Fundamental? What is Fundamental?
Ha ha

The world's greatest investor is still Warren Buffett, imo. For decades he said he never even used a computer. All fundamental analysis. Of course now he watches charts to a degree. I sill believe in fundamental analysis, but it is very slow to show results. Very, very long term. Good for a guy like Buffett who used to say his holding time was forever.

TA, charts and the internet has changed the game. "Who is buying? Who is selling? And the reasons don't matter." Just follow the charts.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

sitting out now, wait for "the power that be" to speak, got stop out.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

"These retailers (robinhooders, et.al.) just don't know what they're doing; it's just wrong" ... paraphrased from regulators and hedge funds that have blown up.
Meanwhile over at Fidelity (retailers): :shock:
https://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresearc ... ders.jhtml
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Hedge Funds when they’re in the money: “This is great, everything is fine, it’s all as it should be”
Hedge Funds when they blow up: “This is just wrong wrong”
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

re: retailers, robinhooders, et. al.: “They just don’t know what they’re doing”
This may be condescending and it may be flat-ass wrong
I’d like to see stats/data on how many robinhooders are CALLS and PUTS where the max loss is known, vs outright buy/sells of stocks
It doesn’t take much brain power to figure out what a call/put is
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Speaking of which:
buying puts are on a higher high AT THE MOMENT
127puts.png.jpg
brucekeller

Post by brucekeller »

A good bit of those Robinhooders are also Wallstreetbetters now. Usually one or two guys that did the actual work end up getting a bunch of them in on it. Not quite a pump and dump operation or anything but I wouldn't doubt this GME BB etc business doesn't get some kind of legal reaction.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

As usual it takes days to meet a measured move up, if it even gets there (it didn’t; orange).
It takes minutes to meet a mm down (purple).
127MM.PNG.jpg
Shaishen

Post by Shaishen »

JFR wrote:

You can trade crypto = 24/7 besides BTC and ETH there are plenty of choices.
Some guys and girls are doing serious research on various coin/blockchain projects.
Also the amount of elaborate free research, algo development, trading platforms like quantower, tradingview people pumping out ideas and scripts, etc is impressive.
I am by no means a dedicated crypto trader but I admit, especially with the don't go out restrictions, I check the crypto screens on Saturday night or Sunday morning.

JFR

Post by JFR »

Shaishen wrote:
JFR wrote:

You can trade crypto = 24/7 besides BTC and ETH there are plenty of choices.
Some guys and girls are doing serious research on various coin/blockchain projects.
Also the amount of elaborate free research, algo development, trading platforms like quantower, tradingview people pumping out ideas and scripts, etc is impressive.
I am by no means a dedicated crypto trader but I admit, especially with the don't go out restrictions, I check the crypto screens on Saturday night or Sunday morning.

I don't trade blockchain. Does it trade Saturday and Sunday? Hmmm, that would be interesting. Other choices for weekends? I trade Forex and futures 24/7 Monday to Friday.

''“The amounts being purchased at this point are too large, so these trades are bleeding into the weekends.” But the technique can trigger outsized price swings at weekends, when liquidity tends to be thinner - in short, fewer bitcoin are on the market at any given price, even if trading volumes are still high.Jan 10, 2021.''

Sounds like it is not quite yet full weekend. At this time I still have no interest in trading blockchain.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

reminder: AAPL reports after the close
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

I totally forgot today was a FOMC day but look at the chart (blue arrow) it doesn't look like the rate announcement has ever happened.
Attachments
1.png

jademann

Post by jademann »

So any one see anything odd going on here? Funny way to run an e-con-o-me init? :) Oh yeah and GME is $320 up 120%...
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Last edited by jademann on Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My comments were dictated to me by homie the clown
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

JFR wrote:
Cobra wrote: Fundamental? What is Fundamental?
Ha ha

The world's greatest investor is still Warren Buffett, imo. For decades he said he never even used a computer. All fundamental analysis. Of course now he watches charts to a degree. I sill believe in fundamental analysis, but it is very slow to show results. Very, very long term. Good for a guy like Buffett who used to say his holding time was forever.

TA, charts and the internet has changed the game. "Who is buying? Who is selling? And the reasons don't matter." Just follow the charts.
Fundamental is twisted by never ending QE which will be a new normal for many many years. The new born would know nothing about 'interest' in the future.

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente wrote:reminder: AAPL reports after the close
The chart looks like a pullback is due though.
Attachments
1.png

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

No good, looks like more down is likely.
Attachments
1.png