Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/27/2021 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 01/27/2021 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

Volume surge so could be a rebound here first then we'll see.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Trades w 2 Cats

Post by Trades w 2 Cats »

Yes, that blockbuster
Yes, that blockbuster
Well I had to share this! From Twitter
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Thanks to Powell:

NYMO down to -65.78
NAMO down to -47.73
Trades w 2 Cats

Post by Trades w 2 Cats »

3730 is VOPC for consolidated 12/28 to 01/06 so could be tested if 3742 falls.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

It's wrong wrong if not bottom here.
Attachments
1.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Trades w 2 Cats wrote:3730 is VOPC for consolidated 12/28 to 01/06 so could be tested if 3742 falls.
My VPOC is at 3705 after 3742
JFR

Post by JFR »

Cobra wrote:
JFR wrote:
Cobra wrote: Fundamental? What is Fundamental?
Ha ha

The world's greatest investor is still Warren Buffett, imo. For decades he said he never even used a computer. All fundamental analysis. Of course now he watches charts to a degree. I sill believe in fundamental analysis, but it is very slow to show results. Very, very long term. Good for a guy like Buffett who used to say his holding time was forever.

TA, charts and the internet has changed the game. "Who is buying? Who is selling? And the reasons don't matter." Just follow the charts.
Fundamental is twisted by never ending QE which will be a new normal for many many years. The new born would know nothing about 'interest' in the future.
For me, fundamental analysis (FA) as a practice, goes back decades. ROE. EPS. PE. Book value. Revenue. Expenses. Debt/equity. Prroducts. Management. If companies do not make profits (and vice versa), the market value should reflect that. Before the internet, one got much of the information from Annual Reports. Value-oriented fund managers did this, and still do. FA is still relevant, but, as I said, results (capital gains) take a lot of time.
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
Shaishen

Post by Shaishen »

BullBear52x wrote:
Trades w 2 Cats wrote:3730 is VOPC for consolidated 12/28 to 01/06 so could be tested if 3742 falls.
My VPOC is at 3705 after 3742

Presently trading below Jan 4 open - some veterans (Pax) say the yearly open is significant.
My major Vpoc is around 3688 - highest volume traded since beg Nov 2020.

Otoh presently price is barely at last week's low.

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

JFR wrote:
Cobra wrote:
JFR wrote:
Cobra wrote: Fundamental? What is Fundamental?
Ha ha

The world's greatest investor is still Warren Buffett, imo. For decades he said he never even used a computer. All fundamental analysis. Of course now he watches charts to a degree. I sill believe in fundamental analysis, but it is very slow to show results. Very, very long term. Good for a guy like Buffett who used to say his holding time was forever.

TA, charts and the internet has changed the game. "Who is buying? Who is selling? And the reasons don't matter." Just follow the charts.
Fundamental is twisted by never ending QE which will be a new normal for many many years. The new born would know nothing about 'interest' in the future.
For me, fundamental analysis (FA) as a practice, goes back decades. ROE. EPS. PE. Book value. Revenue. Expenses. Debt/equity. Prroducts. Management. If companies do not make profits (and vice versa), the market value should reflect that. Before the internet, one got much of the information from Annual Reports. Value-oriented fund managers did this, and still do. FA is still relevant, but, as I said, results (capital gains) take a lot of time.
Agree, it's for long time.

K447

Post by K447 »

Cobra wrote:
JFR wrote:...
Fundamental ...
Entry matters a lot. Right fundamentals with the wrong entry = not good.

Exit matters too.

We are all day traders on entry and exit for longer term holds.
JFR

Post by JFR »

K447 wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Fundamental ...

Exit matters too.

I see it differently regarding entry time for fundamental investing (value investing). Buffett is the best example. His entries are poor, usually way too early, as in 2008. But time rewards his judgment on value.
Shaishen

Post by Shaishen »

JFR wrote:
Shaishen wrote:
JFR wrote:
I would like to see all the markets go 24/7, 7 days a week. Open all the time. IMO it seems to be moving that way. Extended hours. SPY open late and early, for example. Et cetera. Forex and futures are good. But go 7 days, please. Like a 24/7 supermarket.

The downside, of course, is that one has a hard time getting away from the markets. "The market never sleeps." Ha ha
You can trade crypto = 24/7 besides BTC and ETH there are plenty of choices.
Some guys and girls are doing serious research on various coin/blockchain projects.
Also the amount of elaborate free research, algo development, trading platforms like quantower, tradingview people pumping out ideas and scripts, etc is impressive.
I am by no means a dedicated crypto trader but I admit, especially with the don't go out restrictions, I check the crypto screens on Saturday night or Sunday morning.

I don't trade blockchain. Does it trade Saturday and Sunday? Hmmm, that would be interesting. Other choices for weekends? I trade Forex and futures 24/7 Monday to Friday.

''“The amounts being purchased at this point are too large, so these trades are bleeding into the weekends.” But the technique can trigger outsized price swings at weekends, when liquidity tends to be thinner - in short, fewer bitcoin are on the market at any given price, even if trading volumes are still high.Jan 10, 2021.''

Sounds like it is not quite yet full weekend. At this time I still have no interest in trading blockchain.

It's 24/7 - it's full weekend - just showing you what's available after you expressed interest in 24/7 trading.
You can check FTX.com - their volume stats - you can trade BTC futures with leverage - 24 hr vol over 2 billion in USD terms at this moment - you can check on Sunday for comparison.
https://ftx.com/markets/volatility

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

K447 wrote:
Cobra wrote:
Fundamental ...

Exit matters too.

Luck, I rather be lucky than good. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

So I started reading Reddit bc evidently everyone else is.........
This is just one post VERBATIM except I added asterisks

"Just read a New York Times article saying the SEC is reviewing this sub and what is going on.…
" (SEC PLS READ)
"To the SEC retards in this sub: go f**k yourself. Why don’t you start investigating why companies can shut down trading so their hedge fund buddies don’t lose money. But when people lose money it’s completely ok. Eat a d**k.
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

When the fear hit the street, sell everything, include the kitchen sinks.
JFR

Post by JFR »

Shaishen wrote:
JFR wrote:
Shaishen wrote:
JFR wrote:
I would like to see all the markets go 24/7, 7 days a week. Open all the time. IMO it seems to be moving that way. Extended hours. SPY open late and early, for example. Et cetera. Forex and futures are good. But go 7 days, please. Like a 24/7 supermarket.

The downside, of course, is that one has a hard time getting away from the markets. "The market never sleeps." Ha ha
You can trade crypto = 24/7 besides BTC and ETH there are plenty of choices.
Some guys and girls are doing serious research on various coin/blockchain projects.
Also the amount of elaborate free research, algo development, trading platforms like quantower, tradingview people pumping out ideas and scripts, etc is impressive.
I am by no means a dedicated crypto trader but I admit, especially with the don't go out restrictions, I check the crypto screens on Saturday night or Sunday morning.

I don't trade blockchain. Does it trade Saturday and Sunday? Hmmm, that would be interesting. Other choices for weekends? I trade Forex and futures 24/7 Monday to Friday.

''“The amounts being purchased at this point are too large, so these trades are bleeding into the weekends.” But the technique can trigger outsized price swings at weekends, when liquidity tends to be thinner - in short, fewer bitcoin are on the market at any given price, even if trading volumes are still high.Jan 10, 2021.''

Sounds like it is not quite yet full weekend. At this time I still have no interest in trading blockchain.

It's 24/7 - it's full weekend - just showing you what's available after you expressed interest in 24/7 trading.
You can check FTX.com - their volume stats - you can trade BTC futures with leverage - 24 hr vol over 2 billion in USD terms at this moment - you can check on Sunday for comparison.
https://ftx.com/markets/volatility

Thanks. I trade 24/7 now. I expressed the view of wanting it to stretch to 7 days a week. It's all good.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

VIX is up 46%
:o
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
1der

Post by 1der »

Al_Dente wrote:So I started reading Reddit bc evidently everyone else is.........
This is just one post VERBATIM except I added asterisks

"Just read a New York Times article saying the SEC is reviewing this sub and what is going on.…
" (SEC PLS READ)
"To the SEC retards in this sub: go f**k yourself. Why don’t you start investigating why companies can shut down trading so their hedge fund buddies don’t lose money. But when people lose money it’s completely ok. Eat a d**k.
The author, albeit crassly, makes a good point. That would be just a start.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

and one of the """stupid retailers""" :roll:
just paid off his/her student loan
student loan.png.jpg