Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

06/12/2021 Weekend Update

Cobra
Site Admin

06/12/2021 Weekend Update

Post by Cobra »

Up 3 weeks the next week has 81% chances to make a higher high so high odds an all time new high ahead.
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Re: 06/12/2021 Weekend Update

Post by Al_Dente »

A refresher course on the origins of the technological revolution that has taken place in the financial markets over the past few decades:
“The Wall Street Code” 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih8lIy5BR7k

Matt Kohrs is a popular streamer in the “meme-stonk” Ape Community.
Tuesday he posted an interesting interview with Wes Christian who is a lawer that prosecutes various major brokerages for blatant illegalities.
(slide it back to the left to hear the full interview)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih8lIy5BR7k

ZH on the modus operandi of institutional investors (hedge funds):
1) ... Retail investors ignite the momentum, squeezing shorts out;
2) ...which grabs the attention of institutional/hedge funds, who then deploy leverage to spark the gamma squeeze meltup...
3) ...which further squeezes the shorts out...
4) ...enabling hedgies to implement shorts at much higher prices, slamming the stock lower...
5) ...setting the stage for the next retail-ignited squeeze.
Rinse... Repeat.

Friday, Matt Taibbi, the journalist who famously called GS the “vampire squid”, weighed in:
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/taibb ... to+zero%29
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

[add]
And Melvin Capital, run by Steve Cohen protégé Gabe Plotkin, lost another 4 per cent last month.
That takes the fund’s losses this year to about -44.7 per cent.
https://www.ft.com/content/ca1090ba-c3a ... e0e01bb510
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

This is Friday's CBOE data :shock: :shock: :shock:
612cboe puts.png.jpg
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

$AAII bull - $AAII bear down a little bit, nothing extreme.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Trades w 2 Cats

Post by Trades w 2 Cats »

Just for fun, as he requests (forward to like minded traders) here are Tuck's thoughts for next week posted as Orderflow on Telegraph.

Orderflow, [13.06.21 07:19]
Good Morning ☀️ folks:

Sharing a summary of weekly strategy for S&P500:

1. ES closed at 4236 on Friday after barely changing for the week. This is normal action for S&P500 in these months and I do not see a meaningful break away from this pattern until mid August, unless we see a major dislocation (technical or news based) in markets.

2. Besides the structure, S&P500 is supported by a quite strong $NQ_F $QQQ and a stronger $TLT. I see tech stocks want to trade higher here (now 13985).

3. So with this background, if volatility stays lull, we have 2 options : A) go with a break out of 4250, targets 4275-4285. B) look to buy dips into 4196-4200 handles.

4. A D1 close above or below 4250/4196 will lead to volatility expansion this week (now 4236). Otherwise, expect more of the same.

5. Last 4-5 weeks, a better strategy than SPX has been to actually play individual stock names like $CLOV $AMC $FUBO $DOCU which have been a blessing with large 20-100% moves or more. This may be the play thru August. These tickets will be shared in my Telegram channel so make sure you subscribe.

6. If you like my work and want to receive more, please ensure u share this post with other like minded orderflow traders.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

From "It is what it is Department" too much sun in the market you got to wear shades. $BPSPX continue its negative divergence and $RHSPX also suggests sideways to down not to mention that fear factors also in a warning mode. with all that my conclusion is for buy and hold R/R ratio is favoring the bearish side in the short term time frame. for us day traders, inside day last Friday will be the key to guide us the direction of what to come. I am leaning bearish bias overall. (what's new right?) :lol: Peace!
1.PNG
2.PNG
Intraday range to recon with.
3.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

$BP on sPX/NDX, not very bullish if you put in other indicators.
Attachments
1.PNG
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

SPX doesn't like strong dollar, so's our politicians, to weaken it, the printer must be on 24/7 (borrowed)

chart side of thing, USD is bottoming? need to see HH in daily closing basis. Fed minutes this week will make sure nothing spooky here. :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek:
Attachments
1.PNG