Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

02/01/2023 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

02/01/2023 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to cobra@cobrasmarketview.com.
=============================================================================================================================================================================

According to the always guess up rule, the pullback overnight likely would be bought? The line above probably will be tested and usually will be taken for at least short period of time.
ES60min.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
JFR

Re: 02/01/2023 Live Update

Post by JFR »

ES daily.

Forming a new base, at a higher level.

2023-02-01_06-12-44.png
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
merryme

Post by merryme »

Nice bowl shape yesterday. Very bullish...notable EOD, EOM volume. End of Month games or is it the real deal? I don't know.
Sometimes I think a lot of analysis works simply because most traders believe it works so it is a self-fulfilling.
Attachments
Screenshot (1179).png
Sharing research and ideas only, this is not trading advice.
“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.” – Doug Larson
JFR

Post by JFR »

ES 60 minutes.

In a base for a number of candles. Riding the EMA 20. At a key support/resistance level.

2023-02-01_06-14-28.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

7:00 MBA Mortgage Applications
8:15 ADP Jobs Report
9:45 PMI Manufacturing Index
10:00 ISM Manufacturing Index
10:00 Construction Spending
10:00 Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey
10:30 EIA Petroleum Inventories
2:00 PM FOMC Announcement
2:30 PM Chairman Press Conference
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

It's a morning hourly hollow red.
Attachments
0.png

merryme

Post by merryme »

I follow this guy because he goes over market structure on a daily basis. Today is a good video ... He's always quick and to the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuI1blfPZGk
“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.” – Doug Larson
JFR

Post by JFR »

PHM. PulteGroup. Founded in 1950. HQ in Atlanta.

From a scan on my watch lists. I like it. Not at my trading desk. On a tablet. Otherwise I might give it a whirl, at least for a daytrade. After the gap it will be volatile. ''Let's be careful out there.''

Not holding at this time. Not recommending.
PulteGroup, Inc., through its subsidiaries, primarily engages in the homebuilding business in the United States. It acquires and develops land primarily for residential purposes; and constructs housing on such land. The company also offers various home designs, including single-family detached, townhomes, condominiums, and duplexes under the Centex, Pulte Homes, Del Webb, DiVosta Homes, American West, and John Wieland Homes and Neighborhoods brand names. As of December 31, 2021, it controlled 228,296 lots, of which 109,078 were owned and 119,218 were under land option agreements. In addition, the company arranges financing through the origination of mortgage loans primarily for homebuyers; sells the servicing rights for the originated loans; and provides title insurance policies, and examination and closing services to homebuyers. PulteGroup, Inc. was formerly known as Pulte Homes, Inc. and changed its name to PulteGroup, Inc. in March 2010. The company was founded in 1950 and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. -- Yahoo Finance
Screenshot_20230201_074828.jpg
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Breakdown to the new day low in the next couple of bars then it's a downtrend day. Usually it's time for a sharp rebound though.
Attachments
0.png

merryme

Post by merryme »

Important level exposed. Quad bottom. A lot of movement this morning on the fast charts.
Attachments
Screenshot (1185).png
DellGriffith

Post by DellGriffith »

weekly SPY:

the 50 has crossed under the 200 dma only twice in its history. first time was roughly around October 2001 and the second time was roughly around November 2008. its currently nosediving towards its third bearish cross but not there yet. the actual crash involved in those bearish crosses was 911 and Obamas first election victory. so monumental stuff.

at its current rate, id guess it will complete its third bearish cross this fall.
bearish as of SPY 406 on 2/17/23
currently: end bearish as of SPY 406 on 3/6/23
Trades w 2 Cats

Post by Trades w 2 Cats »

Mac 10 Capitulation.png
Hey DellGriffith I think this sort of goes along with your comment. The point of the chart is of course that we have not come close to capitulation.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Same playbook here.
Attachments
1.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
brokebybernacke2

Post by brokebybernacke2 »

Trades w 2 Cats wrote:
Mac 10 Capitulation.png
Hey DellGriffith I think this sort of goes along with your comment. The point of the chart is of course that we have not come close to capitulation.
unless, unless, 2022 simply first leg pullback in a new bull market, and just recently breaking up to next run leg up.....maybe maybe! hmmm, otherwise, this is one long bear market rally (4 mo?) .... :shock:
Trades w 2 Cats

Post by Trades w 2 Cats »

brokebybernacke2 wrote:
unless, unless, 2022 simply first leg pullback in a new bull market, and just recently breaking up to next run leg up.....maybe maybe! hmmm, otherwise, this is one long bear market rally (4 mo?) .... :shock:
Well the wave count I follow has, for now, the October low as Primary 2. So yes this is supposedly early days in a major up move. But (Harry Truman "can't someone find me a one handed economist") on the other hand there is Mike Wilson and Michael Hartnett and now Kolvonic all saying not yet. That Primary 2 down could be moved lower, and in fact that is the alternate count.
merryme

Post by merryme »

Volume has updated. Same chart as previously shown above. Note local capitulation (short-term). Watching this quad bottom when the roller coaster ride starts.
Attachments
Screenshot (1188).png
te_fern

Post by te_fern »

Good call Cobra (11:06 post), nice little rally!
This is not investment or trade advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

te_fern wrote:Good call Cobra (11:06 post), nice little rally!
Thank you.