Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

04/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Roadrunner

Re: 04/13/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Roadrunner »

BB52x
that is one sweet graph. I see you pulled off of yahoo finance... perhaps a link to thi chart for us hunt & peck keyboards
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Roadrunner wrote:BB52x
that is one sweet graph. I see you pulled off of yahoo finance... perhaps a link to thi chart for us hunt & peck keyboards
http://www.optionpain.com/MaxPain/Max-Pain.php
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

pullback as I said. now I'm clueless about the market. a general pattern is rebound somewhere to test the high then we'll see. :roll:
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

the focus is still VIX. I cannot believe this kind of pattern (with so many hollow red bars) means a top for VIX for many many many years. :o
Attachments
3.png

cletus

Post by cletus »

I bought January 2013 220 puts on GOOG today -- the most aggressive position possible. The price target of this wedge (if it's a wedge) is $150. I was talking with a co-worker about how that could play out. He thought maybe it would be Facebook taking over the internet by adding a search engine into its web page. Google would then be irrelevant, kind of like Yahoo.
Attachments
sc.png
Mr. Panic

Post by Mr. Panic »

Breadth is flattish. I am intrigued by tomorrow. It could be down big. 49 weeks from 5-6 flash crash. 343 days (3)(7) from flash crash day.
I don't expect a flash crash because the lower BBs would stop the decline but my studies indicate once all the indices break the 50day average, there should be a 3% drop but this is based on a sample size of two instances.

I would like to see the McClellan Oscillator drop below -200 but this would require a negative breadth day which so far isn't happening.
maldini

Post by maldini »

cletus wrote:I bought January 2013 220 puts on GOOG today -- the most aggressive position possible. The price target of this wedge (if it's a wedge) is $150. I was talking with a co-worker about how that could play out. He thought maybe it would be Facebook taking over the internet by adding a search engine into its web page. Google would then be irrelevant, kind of like Yahoo.
:D :D :D :D
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

now it's bear's turn to pray, close right here, we'll see another weakness tomorrow morning. the rebound cannot go more, please. may the force be with bears. :roll:
Attachments
1.png

jamesmith

Post by jamesmith »

cletus wrote:I bought January 2013 220 puts on GOOG today -- the most aggressive position possible. The price target of this wedge (if it's a wedge) is $150. I was talking with a co-worker about how that could play out. He thought maybe it would be Facebook taking over the internet by adding a search engine into its web page. Google would then be irrelevant, kind of like Yahoo.
Are you serious? I see Google going to $700 in longer term...Android is taking over mobile market...and Google is also working on cloud computing and Chrome OS coming out in Summer...
Facebook is dominating social network now, but remember myspace was the most popular in 2007-2008...
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

bears have fingers crossed, may the force be with you. :twisted:
Attachments
1.png

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Went short SSO for breakfast. :lol:
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
jamesmith

Post by jamesmith »

Cobra wrote:now it's bear's turn to pray, close right here, we'll see another weakness tomorrow morning. the rebound cannot go more, please. may the force be with bears. :roll:
add oil bears~~~ The spirits will guide bears~~~ :roll:
bbc

Post by bbc »

Honestly speaking, Giants like GOOG won't be beat so easily by such rumors. There are a lot of bullish bets on ER coming tomorrow.
AK84

Post by AK84 »

looks more like an ascending triangle imo
KENA

Post by KENA »

Right or wrong I am going Long spy with protective put just in case. Hopping for a green bounce on opening.Thanks for the day Cobra.
Mr. Panic

Post by Mr. Panic »

Today was all about letting the 50 period average on the hourly chart catch up to the indices. (which happened for Nasdaq) Not get too extended from the averages before the big plunge.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, not fun anymore. bears want a weak close but definitely want the SPY to close green. :(
Attachments
1.png

StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

jamesmith wrote:
Are you serious? I see Google going to $700 in longer term...Android is taking over mobile market...and Google is also working on cloud computing and Chrome OS coming out in Summer...
Facebook is dominating social network now, but remember myspace was the most popular in 2007-2008...
Both good arguments. Goog is built on ad dollars. Online ad spending will be one thing that consistently rises in the coming years. Why put an ad on TV to a local market when you can put an ad on a website to the whole world? Not to mention specific geo and behavioral targeting.

So the question is...will sites like Facebook and others destroy Goog's ad dollars, if so, can they make it up in mobile? Should be an interesting 2 years.
cletus

Post by cletus »

AK84 wrote:

looks more like an ascending triangle imo
It's a speculative bet, not a huge position but definitely a once in a lifetime kind of trade. That looks like a rising wedge to me. Just look how volume has died on GOOG.

Where are the buyers going to come from exactly?

Also, these are 2013 puts. I don't care about earnings tomorrow.
Last edited by cletus on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. the after bell quick summary may be delayed today because I'll out for an hour or two, overall, as long as today close in green, bears have nothing to worry because the force is with you. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.
Attachments
1.png