Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/08/2014 Live Update

ALdaytrade

Re: 08/08/2014 Live Update

Post by ALdaytrade »

So, is it long over the weekend, now with this last move up?
gappy

Post by gappy »

Cobra wrote:my today's trading story in chart. You can see my comments do reflect my actual trade. It's not just for fun here...
4.png
Updated the chart.
4.png
Would have waited out the first sell. Aroon,Coppock, candle. Just saying. :|
Capture.PNG
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

back to the day high would be bullish. another breakout is possible. again, I won't trade anymore. I need calm down, cannot be lucky twice for one day.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

taggard wrote:
Cobra wrote:my today's trading story in chart. You can see my comments do reflect my actual trade. It's not just for fun here...
outstanding post you are doing everyone a great favor with this.

newbies esp should be paying close attention here. the whole point is trading is not chart reading--that is why they call it trading. the emotional aspect of trading is something that can work for you--or against you. put another way if you think you are acting like a professional and "without emotion" you are really acting out of emotion. what's key is to find ways to use this aspect of yourself in the best possible way. the solution is easy to explain--tricky to do in real time.

it's not the feelings--it's your relationship to the feeling or really of the content of the feeling. due to the intensity "they feel real". you have to have the feeling--and back off on the connection to the content of that feeling (content is what the feeling appears to be about). at that point you have the feeling--yet it doesn't mess you up. at that point the "meaning of the feeling" "changes" and it can be used.

in any case--thank you for your honesty cobra--one post like this can teach people more than dozens of the usual pivot points.

good luck to all on their trading
Thanks. :mrgreen:

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

breakout as expected. I think it's for real although in theory it's too early to call.
Attachments
1.png

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

C&H target.
Attachments
1.png

MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

iwm
iwm
spy
spy
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

dia
dia
qqq
qqq
daytradingES

Post by daytradingES »

gappy wrote:Miners battle to keep Ebola at bay in West Africa
b.PNG
The rest of the story.
I was thinking how badly this could spread if it left the African continent and hoping they would quarantine people leaving a country with the disease.

Then I read (on Wednesday) that two infected workers had been transported back to the USA for treatment. They were American (?) workers at a Christian clinic who wore protective clothing and took precautions.

So here they have a disease that they don't really know how it spreads, is very infectious and deadly and they bring two infected people back to USA soil. :shock:

The MSM is quick to quote that it is only spread by contact with bodily fluids - which is clearly a lie (as these two workers give evidence to).

It is incredible how stupid (that is in lacking common sense) doctors are. If the CDC wants to experiment and treat these people send a team to Africa.

(it relates to trading in that if Ebola spreads to Europe or USA or China watch the market tank - as people die.
I'll bet the virsus can spread airborne and they won't admit this until it too late..
:roll:
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

CHANGES TO YOUR FICO SCORE:
FICO yesterday announced an unprecedented change to its scoring model.
“Under the current model, a collection generally stays on a credit report for seven years -– even if it is paid off. This is the same amount of time bankruptcies and foreclosures stay on a report. Now, consumers will see their paid collections being removed from their credit reports.”

“…This will likely mean millions of Americans struggling to pay down medical debts are going to be eligible to refinance their debt at lower rates...”
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2014/08/08/ ... americans/
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
gappy

Post by gappy »

daytradingES wrote:
b.PNG
The rest of the story.
I was thinking how badly this could spread if it left the African continent and hoping they would quarantine people leaving a country with the disease.Just keep checking your six! :?
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

IWM and QQQ cooling off into the close. Neither of them has been able to punch out yest's HI, so far, the way other sectors have.
gappy

Post by gappy »

Capture.PNG
:shock:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

gappy

Post by gappy »

Tutti

Post by Tutti »

daytradingES wrote:
b.PNG
The rest of the story.
I was thinking how badly this could spread if it left the African continent and hoping they would quarantine people leaving a country with the disease.

Then I read (on Wednesday) that two infected workers had been transported back to the USA for treatment. They were American (?) workers at a Christian clinic who wore protective clothing and took precautions.

So here they have a disease that they don't really know how it spreads, is very infectious and deadly and they bring two infected people back to USA soil. :shock:

The MSM is quick to quote that it is only spread by contact with bodily fluids - which is clearly a lie (as these two workers give evidence to).

It is incredible how stupid (that is in lacking common sense) doctors are. If the CDC wants to experiment and treat these people send a team to Africa.

(it relates to trading in that if Ebola spreads to Europe or USA or China watch the market tank - as people die.
I'll bet the virsus can spread airborne and they won't admit this until it too late..
:roll:
Let us think exactly what and who are stupid in this scenario: A) virologists who have dedicated their lives to understanding how a virus works and spreads B) editor of a news channel hyping up fear to get ratings C) the guy who can't discern A from B. I'm going to take 'C' for the win.

While there isn't a cure for any strain of Ebola, the CDC certainly understands how it spreads. Viruses only have 4 pathways for infection: inhalation, ingestion, mother to child & intimate contact. Each pathway has its own unique set of defense related problems that the virus needs to solve. The human body does an amazing job of defending itself. A virus that is spread through physical contact doesnt just morph into one that is spread via inhalation: has HIV gone airborne?

Please calm yourself.

No Zerohedge for you!
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for day. Friday once again lives the reputation of being a bull friendly day. I don't see clear bull edges the next Monday though. Thank you guys, I'll see you in another thread soon.

before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Attachments
1.png

Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

taggard wrote:
outstanding post you are doing everyone a great favor with this.

newbies esp should be paying close attention here. the whole point is trading is not chart reading--that is why they call it trading. the emotional aspect of trading is something that can work for you--or against you. put another way if you think you are acting like a professional and "without emotion" you are really acting out of emotion. what's key is to find ways to use this aspect of yourself in the best possible way. the solution is easy to explain--tricky to do in real time.

it's not the feelings--it's your relationship to the feeling or really of the content of the feeling. due to the intensity "they feel real". you have to have the feeling--and back off on the connection to the content of that feeling (content is what the feeling appears to be about). at that point you have the feeling--yet it doesn't mess you up. at that point the "meaning of the feeling" "changes" and it can be used.

in any case--thank you for your honesty cobra--one post like this can teach people more than dozens of the usual pivot points.

good luck to all on their trading
Totally agree. Great post.
In golf I have heard the term winning ugly to describe when you have a tough day and grind out a decent finish.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

target met.
Attachments
1.png

grandeG

Post by grandeG »

Thanks Cobra and have a great weekend everyone!