Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

04/01/2011 Intraday Watering

alvian33

Re: 04/01/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by alvian33 »

Cobra what do you tink of dollar especially about today action is it bearish in your view?
99er

Post by 99er »

cletus

Post by cletus »

BullBear52x wrote:Sell now.
H&S top on SPY intraday?
AK84

Post by AK84 »

hdenandy

Post by hdenandy »

Well I'm far from being an expert, but from a seasonality point of view, it looks like a contrarian market to me.

I think it was the last week of last September that was supposed to be historically the worst week of the year for the DOW, and of-course it did the opposite and rose very day.

Then this week - everyone expected it to be bad - the opposite has happened again.

Next week is supposed to be bullish - everyone is expecting the markets to rise.

mmmmmm......
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

alvian33 wrote:Cobra what do you tink of dollar especially about today action is it bearish in your view?
I think EURO is bullish. Who the hell knows how US could solve its debt problem except to print more paper?
Attachments
2.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
uempel

Post by uempel »

MIB and DowTrader, you are very welcome! Again the pennant, Who knows, but I don't think it will turn into a small H&S formation, I guess the market will close at 1335. I'm off for the weekend. Good bye guys.
Pennant2.png
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

Cobra wrote:little neckline resistance. The market nowadays is strange, seldom a trend day. Most progress was made on gap.
i am looking forward to seeing what the real market is like once QE2 ends... cobra why not switch to futures to catch all the pre-market moves? cheaper transactions and less taxes at the end of the year ... i made the switch last month and am very happy so far :)
Last edited by agnosia on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Bigger sell volume now
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
stocksage

Post by stocksage »

hdenandy wrote:Well I'm far from being an expert, but from a seasonality point of view, it looks like a contrarian market to me.

I think it was the last week of last September that was supposed to be historically the worst week of the year for the DOW, and of-course it did the opposite and rose very day.

Then this week - everyone expected it to be bad - the opposite has happened again.

Next week is supposed to be bullish - everyone is expecting the markets to rise.

mmmmmm......

Hmmm thats funny, I think we have a short term pullback next week also. But I was bullish this week.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

hdenandy wrote:Well I'm far from being an expert, but from a seasonality point of view, it looks like a contrarian market to me.

mmmmmm......
It's not like that. Nowadays, bearish means bullish, bullish is still bullish, otherwise how you explain that seasonality says a bullish today and indeed? :lol:

StrikePrice

Post by StrikePrice »

uempel wrote:

Uempel writes: Growth cycles point to Emerging Markets...
FXI INP and EWZ all look to be gaining in strength to me. No?
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

StrikePrice wrote:
uempel wrote:

Uempel writes: Growth cycles point to Emerging Markets...
FXI INP and EWZ all look to be gaining in strength to me. No?
yes, emerging markets are strong those days which is a good sign.

cletus

Post by cletus »

Cobra wrote:

mmmmmm......
It's not like that. Nowadays, bearish means bullish, bullish is still bullish, otherwise how you explain that seasonality says a bullish today and indeed? :lol:

That's true. Any bearish indicator means higher prices. Any bullish indicator means higher prices. If the dollar is up, stocks are up. Dollar down, stocks up. If Bernanke clipped his beard, stocks up.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

MAs turn on all
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

Everything is up no matter what!
cletus wrote:
Cobra wrote:

mmmmmm......

That's true. Any bearish indicator means higher prices. Any bullish indicator means higher prices. If the dollar is up, stocks are up. Dollar down, stocks up. If Bernanke clipped his beard, stocks up.
cletus

Post by cletus »

DRV moved into positive territory, but overbought so could IYR could bounce. I like to trade financials and REITs along with the S&P because financials and REITs always seem to be key in determining how healthy the market is at any point.
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

crude 110 here we come....
99er

Post by 99er »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

agnosia wrote:crude 110 here we come....
Since you guys still have money to trade stocks, so crude 110 is nothing. Let's wait for $220. :mrgreen: