Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

06/27/2012 Live Update

SWalsh

Re: 06/27/2012 Live Update

Post by SWalsh »

This broke a channel and needs to stay out of it now to attract selling:
Attachments
2012-06-27_1421.png
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

snakehead wrote:
Petsamo wrote:If anyone is placing bets on the overturning of Obamacare tomorrow, what security are you using?
Isn't an ObamaCare overturn already 'baked' into the market?
I'm thinkin' "sell on the news" (SPX to 1235?) :lol:
It could be, I dunno
Twitter @jackwag0n
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

uempel wrote:I'm not playing a more serious short unless this MA breaks (33 on the 60 min) :o
The attachment 13.png is no longer available
Please make ES down a few ticks, 3 ticks are enough... :roll:
Attachments
cat-pray.jpg

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
snakehead

Post by snakehead »

Petsamo wrote:
snakehead wrote:
Petsamo wrote:If anyone is placing bets on the overturning of Obamacare tomorrow, what security are you using?
Isn't an ObamaCare overturn already 'baked' into the market?
I'm thinkin' "sell on the news" (SPX to 1235?) :lol:
It could be, I dunno

And God forbid they DON'T OVERTURN any of it !!! :o
"We got a runaway train boy, we got a billion Eddie Barzoons all jogging into the future. Every one of 'em getting ready to fist-#### God's ex-planet, lick their fingers clean as they reach out toward their pristine, cybernetic keyboards to tote up their f##ing billable hours. And then it hits home!"
TraderJoe

Post by TraderJoe »

OverUnder wrote:I might think first about what exactly might be unconstitutional about requiring all Americans to have health insurance. Sure, I understand that it's an incredibly unpalatable idea to some, maybe many. But I'm not sure what amendment of the constitution it would violate. We all have to pay taxes. We all have to obey streetlights. And God forbid you tamper with the airplane restroom smoke detector.
Bloomberg ask 20 constitution 'Experts' and 18 of the 20 said it was NOT unconstitutional...
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

Petsamo wrote:Maybe the market is pricing in the defeat of Obamacare tomorrow
I believe that if only the mandate is struck down it's the worst possible thing for the insurance industry. Health insurance would not be subject to medical underwriting and pre-existing condition exclusions, which means people would only need to get it when they're sick. Rates would skyrocket (much more than already) and insurance companies would still have trouble making a profit. It's an invitation to a complete government takeover, which leads me to believe some of the more informed on the left may actually welcome SCOTUS striking down of the mandate only.
"I told you...................bring me everyone"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk
Unique

Post by Unique »

SWalsh wrote:This broke a channel and needs to stay out of it now to attract selling:
Your iii wave is smaller than i wave, that contradicts with EW rules. No?
Restarted the AAPL blog into E-mini S&P 500 Trading Blog , see here: http://aapltechnicals.blogspot.ca/
Unique

Post by Unique »

Cobra wrote:
uempel wrote:I'm not playing a more serious short unless this MA breaks (33 on the 60 min) :o
13.png
What are you playing Cobra, or are you not allowed to say?
Restarted the AAPL blog into E-mini S&P 500 Trading Blog , see here: http://aapltechnicals.blogspot.ca/
uempel

Post by uempel »

The attachment 13.png is no longer available

I tend to check the 60 min/33 and the 1 min/390 before I do something in serious...
14.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Unique wrote:
Cobra wrote:
13.png
What are you playing Cobra, or are you not allowed to say?
I hold nothing for now (day trade) so that's why I want it down. :roll:

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

SWalsh wrote:
Petsamo wrote:Maybe the market is pricing in the defeat of Obamacare tomorrow
I believe that if only the mandate is struck down it's the worst possible thing for the insurance industry. Health insurance would not be subject to medical underwriting and pre-existing condition exclusions, which means people would only need to get it when they're sick. Rates would skyrocket (much more than already) and insurance companies would still have trouble making a profit. It's an invitation to a complete government takeover, which leads me to believe some of the more informed on the left may actually welcome SCOTUS striking down of the mandate only.
Good point
KeiZai

Post by KeiZai »

Long AGQ with SL little under 36 (35.70) looking for at least 190 :D (not a recommendation)
Attachments
AGQ.png
My satisfaction always came from beating the market, solving the puzzle. The money was the reward, but it was not the main reason I loved the market (Jess Livermore)
uempel

Post by uempel »

Cobra's yacht scenario :D
15.png
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Cobra wrote:I hold nothing for now (day trade) so that's why I want it down. :roll:
Your wish is some bot's command. I was out earlier, hence the delay.
Attachments
372.png
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

uempel wrote:
13.png

I tend to check the 60 min/33 and the 1 min/390 before I do something in serious...
14.png

Wish there was a way to tab comments/posts as a 'favorite' and then have access to your favorite list later. I like it Uempel!
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

SWalsh wrote:This broke a channel and needs to stay out of it now to attract selling:
Nice chart SWalsh, thanks for sharing!
agunther

Post by agunther »

Unique wrote:
Your iii wave is smaller than i wave, that contradicts with EW rules. No?
No, it cant be the smallest, but it doesn't have to be the longest. Its larger than 5 from eyeballing it. Looks fine.
Terminal moves (read Neely) often have 1 larger than 3 larger than 5
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

TraderJoe wrote:
OverUnder wrote:I might think first about what exactly might be unconstitutional about requiring all Americans to have health insurance. Sure, I understand that it's an incredibly unpalatable idea to some, maybe many. But I'm not sure what amendment of the constitution it would violate. We all have to pay taxes. We all have to obey streetlights. And God forbid you tamper with the airplane restroom smoke detector.
Bloomberg ask 20 constitution 'Experts' and 18 of the 20 said it was NOT unconstitutional...
Bloomberg is leftist and bearish biased. I pity their subscribers.
Twitter @jackwag0n
SWalsh

Post by SWalsh »

OverUnder wrote:I might think first about what exactly might be unconstitutional about requiring all Americans to have health insurance. Sure, I understand that it's an incredibly unpalatable idea to some, maybe many. .....But I'm not sure what amendment of the constitution it would violate. We all have to pay taxes.
The Constitution is widely dead. (Russia had a great one but paid no attention to it). But it's clear that you cannot force the citizenry to engage in commerce. Although if they - who cannot run Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, or the Post Office without waste - do ultimately pass this it will be under the Commerce Clause.

Much is spun from whole-cloth that is now law. I don't want to debate it, as it isn't worth it, but the Warren court found abortion in the Constitution where it is not, and the strongest advocates I have met want my guns and my cigars. A lot of Americans are not good stewards of their freedom. They will inflict hardships unimaginable upon you, as long as they are not affected.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
-C. S. Lewis
Last edited by SWalsh on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

'notha
Attachments
373.png