Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

11/15/2013 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

11/15/2013 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.
========================================================================================================================================================================

Don't know what pattern it is other than normally this bull shall have legs (i.e. the very first meaningful pullback most likely would be bought).
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 11/15/2013 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

stlwater

Post by stlwater »

As tantalizing as a long VIX play is going to be... A word of caution. I remembered some funny stuff with the VIX a while back before the 2011 correction (if I cared to do the research I could look back at the TZA message board because it was folks there who got hit). So I did a little digging, sure enough I found what I was looking for. This one is a shocker and I think someone should have gone to prison for it... Check out what happened to TVIX when the trendline we are about to encounter was hit. On the zoomed out view it is the area enclosed in the grey circle. On the zoomed in comparison the day is market with a vertical red line. Needless to say this reeeaaalllly screwed some people and made absolutely no sense whatsoever other than someone wanted to make sure Credit Suisse didn't have to pay out. You'll see the same price action on XIV (inverted of course) while the VIX itself did not have any such reaction. Should have been a class action lawsuit IMHO.

Looking back I think there may have been a R/S which MAY account for the selling. A sneaky play nonetheless.
Attachments
2013-11-15-TOS_CHARTS2.png
2013-11-15-TOS_CHARTS.png
BigChief

Post by BigChief »

SPY rising in a steeper channel now after breaking out and confirming it. The shorter time frame channel from the low in October showing price could hit about 185 before a meaning pullback. Momentum indicators still showing divergence on the dailies. Short term momentum showing strength, so higher to 185 before a drop is possible.
2013-11-15-TOS_CHARTS.png
joegamma

Post by joegamma »

TRIN MIGHT GIVE A SELL SIGNAL NEXT DAY OR SO, bretz rule needs 5 day avg below 4.0
1115trin.png
For a strong rally, we need a surge in NYADV, or a drop in nyhgh from these levels, normally ratio needs lower
1115hg-adv.png
still looking at these and wondering if we are in a new leg up or not
1115trin-upv.png
and, RARE to see the amex highs have negative slope, not sure what it implies
1115amex.png
<;)
"It requires, obviously, some luck and some good policy."
stlwater

Post by stlwater »

stlwater wrote:As tantalizing as a long VIX play is going to be... A word of caution. I remembered some funny stuff with the VIX a while back before the 2011 correction (if I cared to do the research I could look back at the TZA message board because it was folks there who got hit). So I did a little digging, sure enough I found what I was looking for. This one is a shocker and I think someone should have gone to prison for it... Check out what happened to TVIX when the trendline we are about to encounter was hit. On the zoomed out view it is the area enclosed in the grey circle. On the zoomed in comparison the day is market with a vertical red line. Needless to say this reeeaaalllly screwed some people and made absolutely no sense whatsoever other than someone wanted to make sure Credit Suisse didn't have to pay out. You'll see the same price action on XIV (inverted of course) while the VIX itself did not have any such reaction. Should have been a class action lawsuit IMHO.

Looking back I think there may have been a R/S which MAY account for the selling. A sneaky play nonetheless.

Nope, not a R/S... there IS a lawsuit pertaining to this very issue!

http://www.investment-losses.com/tvix-l ... vix-short/
stlwater

Post by stlwater »

A major sell signal IS possible today since we have an open above the daily BB on SPX and an open below the daily BB on the VIX as well. Let's pray the bears can pull it off.
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

Short 179.41. Even though a/d and TRIN say bull, I don't think the VIX can stay at this low level. Crazy low.
DellGriffith

Post by DellGriffith »

stlwater wrote:A major sell signal IS possible today since we have an open above the daily BB on SPX and an open below the daily BB on the VIX as well. Let's pray the bears can pull it off.
Last time that happened, BPNYA had enjoyed an extended bullish run and was setting up to turn bearish. This time, its been bearish for a while and about to make a bullish cross, which warns of even higher prices!

bearish as of SPY 406 on 2/17/23
currently: end bearish as of SPY 406 on 3/6/23
BigChief

Post by BigChief »

VIX breaking down lower?
2013-11-15-TOS_CHARTS1.png
stlwater

Post by stlwater »

DellGriffith wrote:
stlwater wrote:A major sell signal IS possible today since we have an open above the daily BB on SPX and an open below the daily BB on the VIX as well. Let's pray the bears can pull it off.
Last time that happened, BPNYA had enjoyed an extended bullish run and was setting up to turn bearish. This time, its been bearish for a while and about to make a bullish cross, which warns of even higher prices!

II has bullish sentiment at extremes for 4 weeks now..
gappy

Post by gappy »

Hightower morning precious metal blurb, glta.
pms.PNG
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

very small double top some chances.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

XLF breaking out at double top
1115xlf_png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
gappy

Post by gappy »

Capture.PNG
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

range day. nothing to say. overall, consolidation favors bulls.
Attachments
1.png

gappy

Post by gappy »

fi.PNG
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

ascending triangle?
Attachments
1.png

fehro

Post by fehro »

SPX 60m almost tagging green tops trendline.... so close...
Attachments
Screen shot 2013-11-15 at 7.35.49 AM.png