!!! POWER HOUR !!!
brokebybernacke2

Re: 01/05/2015 Live Update

Post by brokebybernacke2 »

uempel wrote:
brokebybernacke2 wrote:
uempel wrote:Update:
s.png

maybay black line/ ;) pbar clean up time?
The closing of the gap is kind of the most obvious target in the US today :roll: - these rebounds tend to be more tricky and irritating :shock:
tell me bout it...who knows when she gets there....or if she gets there, sure would fool...
daytradingES

Post by daytradingES »

closed out long at a loss - doh!
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

no good, range high might be in.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Chart for the road: No fear, with this momentum in $vix I will not be surprise to see a gap up to fill the gap, the potential is there, only tomorrow will tell :) Peace out!
1.PNG
one more buy here.
2.PNG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Cobra »

MrMiyagi wrote:!!! POWER HOUR !!!
Attachments
eat5.gif
eat5.gif (2.18 MiB) Viewed 12324 times

MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Hmmmm.. no traction in market..
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Intraday NYMO at -0.65.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

IWM
In the past year, whenever IWM hit the 60million red shares level (like it did yesterday), it was at/near a bottom

IWM is pretty broadly diversified with about 1,992 “small cap” holdings, and no single holding is weighted at more than 0.39% of the ETF.
IWM Sector weighting as of yesterday:
Financials 25.59%
Information Technology 17.90%
Health Care 16.34%
Consumer Discretionary 13.50%
Industrials 12.07%
Utilities 3.73%
Materials 3.61%
Consumer Staples 3.40%
Energy 2.75%
Telecommunications 0.84%
[source: the iShares website]
15iwm.png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
fehro

Post by fehro »

SPX.. doji daily.. still.. VIX/SPY on support.. hold or crack in the last 30m/20m .Last SPX hourly inverted hammer
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 12.18.03 PM.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

More Rob Hanna bull:
Since 12/31/1986 there have been 22 time when the S&P 500 Index:
a) Showed a loss on both of the last two trading days of the quarter AND
b) Showed a gain for the quarter
Following 21 of those 22 occurrences (or 95.45% of the time) the S&P 500 showed a subsequent gain 12 through 15 trading days later.
15rob hanna bull.png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Unique

Post by Unique »

BullBear52x wrote:Chart for the road: No fear, with this momentum in $vix I will not be surprise to see a gap up to fill the gap, the potential is there, only tomorrow will tell :) Peace out!
1.PNG
one more buy here.
2.PNG
Good stuff, I noticed TSI works very well in rangebound trades. Not sure how to use it properly on trend days yet, didn't delve too much time on it
Restarted the AAPL blog into E-mini S&P 500 Trading Blog , see here: http://aapltechnicals.blogspot.ca/
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

xle
xle
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

well, guess that's it for today. Wednesday tomorrow has been generally bear friendly. thank you guys, I'll see you tomorrow.

before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks. https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/tenpp
Attachments
1.png

MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

Ah come on Janet, that's all you got? Too much eggnog?
Trades with cats

Post by Trades with cats »

Ha! Joe LaVorgna at Dustche Bank first penguin out of the box drops his fourth quarter estimate to 0.5. If you didn't know he is considered an absolute joke because of his perma-bullish forecasts. Not good start to the year-
JP Morgan and Citi both say lighten up on US equities
Earnings pre-announcements all over
and now the Penguin brigade downgrading the economy, which means they have to revise earnings forecasts even lower.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Trades with cats wrote:Ha! Joe LaVorgna at Dustche Bank first penguin out of the box drops his fourth quarter estimate to 0.5. If you didn't know he is considered an absolute joke because of his perma-bullish forecasts. Not good start to the year-
JP Morgan and Citi both say lighten up on US equities
Earnings pre-announcements all over
and now the Penguin brigade downgrading the economy, which means they have to revise earnings forecasts even lower.
http://www.factset.com/websitefiles/PDF ... nce_1.4.16
gappy

Post by gappy »

Late lookin. Daily. Target 118 then 115.
Capture.PNG
Vote Cobra. glta
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

overnight carnage:
currently: S&P futures now down 30 points or -1.52%
dow futures down -242 points or 1.42%
ES down -31.75 or 1.58% at 1980.00

2Y Treasurys rally pushing its yield back below 1%
EU stocks extend their drop after China weakened its currency, North Korea says it tested a hydrogen bomb

Brent crude falls to lowest level since 2004
CL -2.63% at $35.02

Gold GC up +0.63% to $1,085.2

[edit added]: Dialog Semiconductor Plc, the chipmaker whose biggest client is Apple Inc., dropped 4.3 percent as Nikkei Asian Review reported the U.S. company would reduce the first quarter output of its latest iPhones by about 30 percent. AMS AG and ARM Holdings Plc, also Apple suppliers, lost at least 3 percent.
Taiwan’s Largan Precision Co. and Catcher Technology Co. led declines among Apple suppliers, slumping more than 5 percent and sending Taiex index to a four-month low.
daytradingES

Post by daytradingES »

6:06 AM 1/6/2016

Oil at low
North Korea nuclear test
China bans large scale share selling until new rules announced - after Friday
FTSE down -1.56%
ADP 257,000 vs 198,000 exp
ES below Monday's low of 1980.25 in o/n - chart looking weak opening at bottom of o/n range
big fall in o/n -42 pts

ETH
Close= 1977.25 14%

gap est -32.50
below support levels

------------
Initial trade is down sell at > best rec 1981.00 -(or the min/max of dir30, first est, best rec= 1981.00)

Oil falls to 11-year low, Saudi-Iran row seen making output restraint unlikely
By Simon Falush
LONDON (Reuters) - Oil fell to its lowest in more than 11 years on Wednesday, down around 2 percent, as the row between Saudi Arabia and Iran was seen extinguishing any chance of major producers cooperating to cut production in the face of mounting global over supply.
The furor over Saudi Arabia's execution of a Shi'ite cleric has depressed the market as it put an end to speculation that OPEC members could agree on production cuts to lift prices.
"There are rising stockpiles and the tension between Iran and Saudi Arabia make any deal on production unlikely," said Michael Hewson, head of strategy at CMC Markets.
Global Brent crude benchmarks were at $35.75 a barrel at 0856 GMT (3.56 a.m. ET), down 67 cents or 1.9 percent from their previous settlement, their lowest since 2004.
U.S. crude futures were down 46 cents at $35.51 per barrel after already slipping 79 cents the previous day.
Oil has slumped from above $115 in June 2014 as shale oil from the United States has flooded the market, while falling prices have prompted some producers to maximize output to prevent income falling too rapidly and keep market share.
Adding to this oversupply, Iranian oil exports are widely expected to increase in 2016 as Western sanctions against the country for its alleged nuclear weapons program are likely to be lifted.
"Shale production and increasing capacity from countries like Russia who need to protect revenue combined with expectations of further Iranian supply mean actual production as well as expectations of future production are rising," Hewson said.
Still, a senior Iranian oil official said the country could moderate oil export increases once the sanctions are lifted to avoid putting prices under further pressure.
In the United States, concerns over mounting stock levels persisted, with crude inventories likely to have risen by 439,000 barrels last week, according to a Reuters poll of eight analysts.
The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) will publish its closely watched weekly data at 1530 GMT (10.30 a.m. ET).
----------
While a fourth nuclear test had been long expected, the claim that it was a hydrogen device, much more powerful than an atomic bomb, came as a surprise, as did the timing. It ensures that North Korea will be a key topic during the U.S. presidential campaign.

North Korea has long coveted diplomatic recognition from Washington but sees its nuclear deterrent as crucial to ensuring the survival of its third-generation dictatorship.

"With Iran being off the table, the North Koreans have placed themselves at the top of the foreign policy agenda as far as nation-states who present a threat to the U.S.", said Michael Madden, an expert on the country's secretive leadership.

South Korean intelligence officials and several analysts, however, questioned whether Wednesday's explosion was indeed a full-fledged test of a hydrogen device.

The device had a yield of about 6 kilotons, according to the office of a South Korean lawmaker on the parliamentary intelligence committee - roughly the same size as the North's last test, which was equivalent to 6-7 kilotons of TNT.

"Given the scale, it is hard to believe this is a real hydrogen bomb," said Yang Uk, a senior research fellow at the Korea Defence and Security Forum.

"They could have tested some middle stage kind (of device) between an A-bomb and H-bomb, but unless they come up with any clear evidence, it is difficult to trust their claim."

Joe Cirincione, a nuclear expert who is president of Ploughshares Fund, a global security organization, said North Korea may have mixed a hydrogen isotope in a normal atomic fission bomb.

"Because it is, in fact, hydrogen, they could claim it is a hydrogen bomb," he said. "But it is not a true fusion bomb capable of the massive multi-megaton yields these bombs produce".

The United States Geological Survey reported a 5.1 magnitude quake that South Korea said was 49 km (30 miles) from the Punggye-ri site where the North has conducted nuclear tests in the past.

North Korea's last test of an atomic device, in 2013, also registered at 5.1 on the USGS scale.
-------------
OVERNIGHT MARKETS AND NEWS

March E-mini S&Ps (ESH16 -0.61%) are down -0.66% and European stocks are down -0.57% at a 3-month low as China's Shanghai Composite extended Monday's sell-off and fell to a new 2-1/2 month low. Deflation concerns also hurt European equities and knocked EUR/USD down to a 1-month low after Eurozone Dec CPI rose less than expected. Asian stocks settled mostly lower: Japan -0.42%, Hong Kong -0.65%, China -0.26%, Taiwan -0.48%, Australia -1.63%, Singapore -0.06%, South Korea +0.64%, India -0.17%. China's Shanghai Composite recovered from its worst levels in late trading after China moved to support the market with state-controlled funds buying equities and after people familiar with the matter said that regulators will extend the selling ban by major investors beyond Friday's expiration date.

The dollar index (DXY00 +0.41%) is up +0.41% at a 2-week high. EUR/USD (^EURUSD) is down -0.64% at a 1-month low after weaker-than-expected Eurozone Dec consumer price data fueled speculation the ECB may need to expand QE. USD/JPY (^USDJPY) is down -0.39%.

Mar T-note prices (ZNH16 +0.14%) are up +6 ticks.

The Eurozone Dec CPI estimate rose +0.2% y/y, less than expectations of +0.3% y/y. The Dec core CPI rose +0.9% y/y, less than expectations of +1.0% y/y.
U.S. STOCK PREVIEW

Key U.S. news today includes: (1) (1) Dec New York ISM (Nov -5.1 to 60.7), and (2) Dec total vehicle sales (expected 18.00 million, Nov 18.05 million) and Dec domestic vehicle sales (expected 14.20 million, Nov 13.99 million).

None of Russell 3000 companies report earnings today.

U.S. IPO's scheduled to price today: none.

Equity conferences this week: J.P. Morgan Tech Forum on Tue, Goldman Sachs Health Care CEO Unscripted Conference on Tue, Goldman Sachs Global Energy Conference on Wed, and Citi Global Internet, Media & Telecommunications Conference on Wed-Thu.
----------------
Educational only and not trading advice (EO&NTA) :)
Good trading to all