Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

04/21/2016 Live Update

MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

GOOG, SBUX, MSFT all down afterhours on earnings.
Trades with cats

Re: 04/21/2016 Live Update

Post by Trades with cats »

Gas is up 25% people had to not spend money on something.

A month or so ago an old guy with a blog in the bay area who is sceptic observer of the Bay area scene (Wolf Richter) pointed out what happened to AOL advertising revenue in the 2000 tech wreck. He said they were the primary conduit for internet advertising at the time and many of their adds came from all the cool kids with start-ups. When the bottom fell out their revenue fell by 50% in 6 months. Not saying it will repeat exactly but when times get tight the image advertising gets replaced by what works. I pay Cobra every month and have since he first asked so I don't feel guilty about the blockers that stop most of the adds. I kinda doubt I am the only one.

Microsoft's transition into consumer data mining and cloud computing sounds like what the used to call overhead projector ware, software that hadn't made it to vapor ware stage. WHere is the profit moat around your cloud computing? How did that free Windows 10 upgrade go? Yes, the program is better than 8 once you get it working but I am sick and tired of 20 years of bad upgrades from Mr Softy. Wall Street hype won't get the job done if you can't deliver a decent customer experience.

Not trying to be negative, I would just like to see something, once in a while, that is really neat, works well and isn't being sold by a fraud (Elizabeth Holmes and company).