Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

09/14/2022 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

09/14/2022 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to cobra@cobrasmarketview.com.
=============================================================================================================================================================================

The line below probably won't hold another test.
Attachments
ES60min.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Daniel

Re: 09/14/2022 Live Update

Post by Daniel »

Another excellent and timely quick-study from SentimenTrader..

On Tuesday every member of the Nasdaq 100 declined. In the past 25 years there were only 13 times this has occurred. Taking this as a buy signal for the NDX or QQQ, and holding for two weeks, the median gain upon sale would have been about +4%.

Only four of the purchases resulted in losses, and three of those came in a cluster in August 2011--around the height of the European debt crisis.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Source: Bloomberg

Core PPI rose 7.3% YoY (considerably hotter than the +7.0% expected, but less than July's +7.6%)...
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Trades w 2 Cats

Post by Trades w 2 Cats »

PPI Cost of goods down, cost of services up up and away.
I think the last two years have changed the way people see work.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

"Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway saw $9 billion wiped off its Apple stake on Tuesday - as the iPhone maker shed $154 billion of market value in a single day
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Double bottom or not, I prefer to see 2 consecutive strong bull bars. We had one, the current one doesn't look like a strong bull bar so far.
Attachments
0.png

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

2 consecutive good looking bull bars so now double bottom stands much better chances.
Attachments
0.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Something else to worry about:
A 12:01 a.m. Friday deadline to agree to new work terms hangs in the balance, with a strike likely to cost the nation $2B in economic output per day if things go off the rails.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2rxqjdw4E
Mr. BachNut

Post by Mr. BachNut »

The NYMO cycle is technically still DOWN.
We got a sharp rally from the Oversold Zone but only one positive close.
The model calls for two closes to declare a cycle change.
That said, NYMO is holding up pretty well after yesterday's bloodbath.
A rally from here could readily confirm an up cycle or we could see a strong positive divergence if price breaks the 9/06 low but NYMO doesn't.
So, despite bearish price action, under the surface things don't appear quite so bad.

When NYMO hit the Oversold Zone, an edge was set for price to move to the middle keltner band.
That has been satisfied and was done in short order. From this perspective price can go either way from here.
We have 8 gaps above and 3 below. There is a fair distance to the nearest gaps. So, can't say either up or down will act as a magnet for now.
In my imagination it is plausible that the market may want to spend a little more time around the middle keltner before taking a trip to one of the outer ones, but I don't know what will happen.
Perhaps most interesting is we are seeing a fourth touch on a rising bottoms line under a bigger declining tops line that has three touches.
For now, the rising bottoms line can be considered a bear flag. So, bulls need to make a stand here. Let's see what happens after OPEX.

I remain flat with no trades on deck.
I had long setups trigger Tuesday, but I was away all day and did not put things on autopilot.
If executed, they would have taken scale profits and breakeven stopped after CPI.
NYMO 091422.jpg
Trades w 2 Cats

ES 12-22 (2000 Tick) 2022_09_14 (10_19_22 AM).png
Missed it when it happened. Failure at overnight high with a classic bearish engulfing bar.

All the little black numbers are bar types from "The Strat", trying out the numbers to see if it helps my brain.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Options traders are buying a few calls, enough to print a higher low and higher high intraday, but still not enough to get too excited about yet
Screenshot 2022-09-14 083024.jpg
Trades w 2 Cats

Futures roll is 97% complete. So next up is options expiration and it is again a large one. They say expect extra volatility before the Friday Regular Open.
te_fern

Post by te_fern »

They've gotten into this sideways move, gotta have patience.....
This is not investment or trade advice.
brokebybernacke2

Post by brokebybernacke2 »

Al_Dente wrote:Something else to worry about:
A 12:01 a.m. Friday deadline to agree to new work terms hangs in the balance, with a strike likely to cost the nation $2B in economic output per day if things go off the rails.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2rxqjdw4E

hmm. trannies down >1% today.
merryme

Post by merryme »

Symmetrical Triangles can be seen on all timeframes, even monthly (which is unusual in my charting.)

This is a 60 min chart with noted break points.
Attachments
Screenshot (214).png
Sharing research and ideas only, this is not trading advice.
“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there’d be a shortage of fishing poles.” – Doug Larson
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

RAILROADS: "The Tentative Agreement has been rejected and the strike authorization vote was approved by ... members. Out of respect for other unions in the ratification process,
an extension has been agreed to until Sept. 29, 2022 at 12 p.m. ET.
This extension will allow us to continue to negotiate changes ... in the hopes of achieving an agreement our membership would ratify."
As Congress steps in to fuk things up
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Breakout, maybe it's a measured move up?
Attachments
0.png

te_fern

Post by te_fern »

TRAN Index
Attachments
TRAN Index.PNG
This is not investment or trade advice.