Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

08/30/2013 Live Update

Me XMan

Re:

Post by Me XMan »

HAHAHAHAHAAA!! :lol:
MrMiyagi wrote:Obama speaks in 10 minutes, markets just waiting on that. Odds are 50-50 he'll say "uhhh... we're...uhhh..ummm... going to bomb....ummm...the shit out of... umm ...uhh.. Syria..."....
rhight

Re: 08/30/2013 Live Update

Post by rhight »

mini inverse H&S forming mid-day here ?

Maybe not?
Last edited by rhight on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS
StudentBill

Post by StudentBill »

Al_Dente wrote:Raise your hand if u will hold longs over the weekend
No, I didn’t think so
I rest my case………..
I'm not saying I'm going long now but I think the risk of a HUGE sell off on Monday due to any military action over the weekend is low and the odds a huge rebound due to no military action over the weekend, which I think there is greater probability of IMO, is high.
StudentBill

Re:

Post by StudentBill »

MrMiyagi wrote:Obama speaks in 10 minutes, markets just waiting on that. Odds are 50-50 he'll say "uhhh... we're...uhhh..ummm... going to bomb....ummm...the shit out of... umm ...uhh.. Syria..."....
I think odds are 99% that there is no new information.
Al_Dente

Re: Re:

Post by Al_Dente »

L_T wrote: ...How are internals? Has that dome formed yet on the chart you posted a while back? My intraday 5-minute systems are saying weak/wimpy/low-confidence long right now.
*EDIT: long signal being nuked by current bar......
Dome still intact boss
RSI positive divergence here (almost) but note the last pos diverg took four days to get a bounce outa spy….we’ll see
No gap fill on the upside (mkt weak). Gap almost filled on the downside (mkt weak).
btw XIV did indeed lead the way…….we’ve been yapping about that for three days…….
830dome_png.png
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
jposner

Post by jposner »

StudentBill wrote:I'm not saying I'm going long now but I think the risk of a HUGE sell off on Monday due to any military action over the weekend is low and the odds a huge rebound due to no military action over the weekend, which I think there is greater probability of IMO, is high.
With US markets closed for the holiday on Monday, the risk of any sell off on Monday are negligible. Tuesday, however, is another matter entirely...
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

TraderGirl, I wish you success on your venture. Cobra is the daytrader king, you won't be cutting into his opium supply.
rhight

Post by rhight »

StudentBill wrote:
No, I didn’t think so
I rest my case………..
I'm not saying I'm going long now but I think the risk of a HUGE sell off on Monday due to any military action over the weekend is low and the odds a huge rebound due to no military action over the weekend, which I think there is greater probability of IMO, is high.
If price breaks out above the open, I would go 1/4 long, risking 0.2% of account on a drop below LOD.
Last edited by rhight on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swing to Intermediate SPX Analysis - multiple time frame - Daily & 60 min time and price cycle analysis.
Usually trade SSO / SDS
ALdaytrade

Re:

Post by ALdaytrade »

Yikes.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

StudentBill wrote:
No, I didn’t think so
I rest my case………..
good point thanks
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
StudentBill

Post by StudentBill »

jposner wrote:
StudentBill wrote:I'm not saying I'm going long now but I think the risk of a HUGE sell off on Monday due to any military action over the weekend is low and the odds a huge rebound due to no military action over the weekend, which I think there is greater probability of IMO, is high.
With US markets closed for the holiday on Monday, the risk of any sell off on Monday are negligible. Tuesday, however, is another matter entirely...
Very good point. I should have said Tuesday.
StudentBill

Post by StudentBill »

We are close to a fib retrace point and some resistance on this VXX Daily chart IMHO. Again, I think if nothing happens over the weekend here we might see a real face ripper of a short squeeze.
sc.png
A lot of these chart settings are from Clayton Tom... not trying to claim as my own.
Last edited by StudentBill on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

not sure if it's higher low. I'm neutral. I didn't have plan to hold short over the weekend if I wasn't stopped because likely in the weekend the news is clear that there's no war, so a little strong close is not entirely a crazy idea.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
TraderGirl

Re:

Post by TraderGirl »

MrMiyagi wrote:TraderGirl, I wish you success on your venture. Cobra is the daytrader king, you won't be cutting into his opium supply.
Thanks Mr. Miyagi...appreciate it... :D :D
MrMiyagi

Post by MrMiyagi »

TraderGirl wrote:Thanks Mr. Miyagi...appreciate it... :D :D
No problem... You have my email info for the lifetime free membership gift :D :D ?
Richarab

Post by Richarab »

Is Obama speaking?
StudentBill

Post by StudentBill »

•OBAMA SPEAKS ON SYRIA DURING MEETING WITH BALTIC LEADERS
•OBAMA CALLS SYRIA CHEMICAL WEAPONS ATTACK CHALLENGE TO WORLD
•OBAMA SAYS SYRIAN USE OF CHEMICAL WEAPONS THREATENS U.S.
•OBAMA SAYS HE'LL CONTINUE TO CONSULT WITH CONGRESS ON SYRIA
•OBAMA SAYS HE HASN'T MADE FINAL DECISION ON SYRIA ATTACK
•OBAMA SAYS SYRIA ACTION WILL BE LIMITED WITH NO GROUND TROOPS

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-08-3 ... und-troops

Same old stuff. Unless they are trying to get some super sneak attack in this does not sound like the talk of a man planning a weekend strike.
Last edited by StudentBill on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richarab

Post by Richarab »

Thanks
fehro

Post by fehro »

Monthly candles.. some not so pretty. fwiw.
Attachments
sc-1.png
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Nydec still 2100
It is very common for “them” to wait until everyone is gone for the holiday weekend, then run it huge, sometimes up sometimes down
its friday_png.png