Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/15/2011 Intraday Watering

AK84

Re: 07/15/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by AK84 »

i see chances for gap up on monday as high ....raise the debt ceiling over the weekend ....come out with any good news on italy...and urr off to the moon obviously! then we'll see what happens.....
AK84

Post by AK84 »

AK84 wrote:i see chances for gap up on monday as high ....raise the debt ceiling over the weekend ....come out with any good news on italy...and urr off to the moon obviously! then we'll see what happens.....

although i hold both long and short over the weekend. :lol:
pablorynx

Post by pablorynx »

moon cycle day?
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Today is a good day to learn how capable of power that be in the work. no new recent low so bears still need to be cautious on holding over the weekend at least I will.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
KENA

Post by KENA »

jimmythegeek wrote:
Cobra wrote:
jimmythegeek wrote:Cobra--Thanks for running this--I have followed since the beginning and have learned a lot that I wish I knew in another lifetime when I was standing in a crowd and scalping for the spreads. Have a great weekend, and if the avatar works it is a small gift for you.....
it's plastic, I want a real one. :lol:
So do I!!!! Best I can do on short notice for either of us. They just put this up by the Michigan Ocean.

Good luck with the rest of the day to any traders. It looks like they have pinned things for a while as others have mentioned, and while some may collect the last .40 or so by selling the SPY 131 option straddle that is not a game I wish to play, even if covered on both ends.
Hay..I used to know a jimmey the greek.Where are you from..Can't be to manny of you out there.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

last tick on the VIX now under 200ma 1min. not good for bears.
jimmythegeek

Post by jimmythegeek »

Chicago area---30 miles from MichiganOcean. And my friends are thankful there are not too many of us!
soku

Post by soku »

i am crazy i know. anyway i chased at 1308. cobra, what's yr target of this move?
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

soku wrote:i am crazy i know. anyway i chased at 1308. cobra, what's yr target of this move?
no idea, got a feeling the close will be very strong, someone expecting very good news in the weekend.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
KENA

Post by KENA »

jimmythegeek wrote:Chicago area---30 miles from MichiganOcean. And my friends are thankful there are not too many of us!
I used to live in Chicago North in the Broadway area.Its been quite a few years ago .Have you been in that area.
EvilTrader

Post by EvilTrader »

BullBear52x wrote:Today is a good day to learn how capable of power that be in the work. no new recent low so bears still need to be cautious on holding over the weekend at least I will.
given the strenght of recent rally, it would be strange not to see at least an attempt to retest the highs after a this pullback, even if we tank afterwards.

With so much doubts over US/Europe, markets will stay in maniac mode, so better be careful long or short.

Remember, bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

That's it for me this week, Thanks Cobra and all the great chartists have a great weekend all

Last chart down trend is still intact, RSI is improving.
Attachments
spy.JPG
PRI

Post by PRI »

KENA wrote:
jimmythegeek wrote:Chicago area---30 miles from MichiganOcean. And my friends are thankful there are not too many of us!
I used to live in Chicago North in the Broadway area.Its been quite a few years ago .Have you been in that area.
Me three, I used to live in River City.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

volume surge, shooting star, let's see the next bar, bears finally got some hopes, but the next bar should be with lower volume.
Attachments
1.png

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

EvilTrader wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:Today is a good day to learn how capable of power that be in the work. no new recent low so bears still need to be cautious on holding over the weekend at least I will.
given the strenght of recent rally, it would be strange not to see at least an attempt to retest the highs after a this pullback, even if we tank afterwards.

With so much doubts over US/Europe, markets will stay in maniac mode, so better be careful long or short.

Pigs get slaughtered this is so funny. :lol:
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

lower volume next bar, so some chances for a pullback, need a bear bar and then L1 to prevent bulls very strong close.
Attachments
1.png

jimmythegeek

Post by jimmythegeek »

KENA wrote:
Not real familiar with anything too far from Wrigley Field--maybe I am a contrarian because I have always been a Cubs fan! Worked at the CBOE for a number of years but commuted.
Watched that spike up (nice call, Mr. C.!) and that is why I stay away from most option plays after 1:00 or 2:00 CDT on expiration Fridays. With the weekly options they seem to often pin to a 1/2 number (i.e. 131.50), but the monthly expirations often seem to go to the whole numbers. No backtest to prove either way. Would not be surprised to see a run to 132 now, but not making any bets!
soku

Post by soku »

EvilTrader wrote:

damn the last sentence sounds like my line. i said it couple years ago at a place called evil somthing :D
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
greenback

Post by greenback »

Cobra, will your short term model hold short overnight based on today's price action?
KENA

Post by KENA »

Thanks for the week Cobra.See you all on Mon.Strong close,we may have a green Mon.If 1307 holds I think we go up.