Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

07/28/2011 Intraday Watering

AK84

Re: 07/28/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by AK84 »

Hi Cobra,

VIX buy signal today ? out of BB yday and now back in BB ? or does it have to be completely out of BB and then pull back ?
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

DBV, liquidity is getting thin. break time.
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
davros

Post by davros »

for the silver traders, now below 39.87, it's trying desperately to get back up above it, key area....
xag.png
KENA

Post by KENA »

soku wrote:
KENA wrote:SODA still flat on daily 1 min chart..Glad i'm out.
not sure how u pick stocks. even tho not my style, i give it a check, since i adopted yr abandoned cat.
i still cannot find any reason to be long yesterday. (i mean my chart reading could be very wrong)
intraday, i think it is topped at 73, needs a pull back to sub 70 level. as long as it stays above 67.4, the break out should be respected.

peace
It had a good pull back off of highs then had a sharp dn move on hype. It was ready for up move and buy in yesterday late for a possible pop up today. It did pop up but is now flat but could go up. I just did not feel good about it....Also on NFLX.it did the same thing and I still have it on a swing trade since Mon.Hoping it will continue its up trend..I always look at the stocks trend channel..the pull back channel and the start of the break out, the RSI and Sto's. then I buy in and wait and sweat.
KENA

Post by KENA »

Tabby wrote:
KENA wrote:FYI..The RTH,IYR,IWM,XLF..are tending dn.
Kena,
I might be wrong but RTH is a seasonal stock/etfs. It was up b/c of back to school time frame like SOXL.
RTH is the Retail Index..It was tending dn but above the bearish point.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

AK84 wrote:Hi Cobra,

VIX buy signal today ? out of BB yday and now back in BB ? or does it have to be completely out of BB and then pull back ?
close here, then VIX buy signal triggered.

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
soku

Post by soku »

any soccer fans here?

The most expensive footballer in history may now be used to guarantee the solvency of a Spanish bank. “Ronaldo in the bailout fund,” headlines Süddeutsche Zeitung. The daily reports that the Bankia group of savings banks, which financed Real Madrid’s acquisition of the Portuguese player, is now seeking to borrow funds from the European Central Bank. In response to the ECB’s demand for guarantees, Bankio are putting up… Ronaldo and the Brazilian Kaka, who also plays for the Madrid football club. In 2009, Real borrowed 76.5 million euros to pay transfer fees of 100 millions euros to Manchester United, and 60 million to Milan AC."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/football- ... collateral
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

key time, cannot breakdown green line below, then the pullback is over, will try the upside. let's wait and see.
Attachments
1.png

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

volume surge, overshot, so rebound? well, better be.
Attachments
1.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

BullBear52x wrote:
Tabby wrote:BB52X,
breakfast with Dinner. You keep talking about your breakast and dinner so I made it easier to have both and get you out misery to choose, very lame.
Hey BB52X, do you see any future for SOXL in your crystal ball? It got come back to life soon. Christmas coming soon and most of appliances have semiconductor in it.
Thanks future/fotune teller BB52X and psychic network. :mrgreen:
386ish is important for $sox survival, Trend is clearly down since March, recent bounce turned out to be just a dead cat bounce, the lay off in Cisco and RIM tells me the tech land is not so fresh, inventory at INTC and MU is still way high. Jobs Jobs Jobs for toys gadgets!!! sell the RIP is on.
BullBear52x:
Honest question: Do you trade SOXL instead of SMH? I'm chicken because SOXL has only 1/3 rd the volume of SMH (although today SOXL has 4x the percentage gain of SMH). Does the lack of SOXL volume give you pause at all?
Sometimes BATS shows no trades in SOXL for 5 minutes or more. Ouch! Am I just being a woos?
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Tabby

Post by Tabby »

Kena,
I read Scaeffer reasch Monday Outlook every Sunday. Retail sector has been bullish. I think it is sbout time sector to be changed.
http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/comme ... &obspage=2
RTH is a retail holder trust ( 5 top equities WMT,HD,AMZN,WAG,TGT) on my screen and it can be traded like a stock. All I want to say it is bullish b/c it is seasonal.
king1lou

Post by king1lou »

shumushu wrote:I reentered MCP today on today's high. Looks like it will break out very soon above 65 if nayone is interested
http://www.tradingwithwen.com/stock-tra ... al-company
Seems to be breaking out after coiling up. I'm in with you on this one, thanks for the call! :D
KENA

Post by KENA »

Tabby wrote:Kena,
I read Scaeffer reasch Monday Outlook every Sunday. Retail sector has been bullish. I think it is sbout time sector to be changed.
RTH is a retail holder trust ( 5 top equities WMT,HD,AMZN,WAG,TGT) on my screen and it can be traded like a stock. All I want to say it is bullish b/c it is seasonal.
Yes you are right..I use RTH as a guide.If it holds above 109+ area it is somewhat bullish.With school shoping to start, retail trend may change.I know Schaeffer is bullish on retail..You may be right that a trend change is comming.
cougar

Post by cougar »

AAPL drops badly! Good job "hiram"!
hiram

Post by hiram »

woot woot!

hiram
Tabby

Post by Tabby »

KENA wrote:
Tabby wrote:Kena,
Yes you are right..I use RTH as a guide.If it holds above 109+ area it is somewhat bullish.With school shoping to start, retail trend may change.I know Schaeffer is bullish on retail..You may be right that a trend change is comming.
Kena,
It is not matter of right or wrong. Some of my Canadian friends are using the same symbols that we use in US and they are looking at two different things.
Scheffer reaseach ( Monday outlook )is not always right about sectors rotation but I found keeping an eye on some their of sectors or recommended stocks are very helpful. I like Todd Solamen's Monday oulook.
Peace.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

no good, RSP and IWM lead down. the good news is it could be the 3rd push down on 15 min chart now, so if no decisively breakdown then we finally will see some meaningful rebound. Let's wait and see.
Attachments
1.png

ocassional observer

Post by ocassional observer »

I would like to point your attention to a little followed indicator called the credit suisse fear barometer. a peak in this indicator as led every peak in the market by ~7 days since the beginning of the year. it has recently confirmed an intermediate top by falling dramatically as the 6m graph shows.
CSFB 6m.png
a 5y chart shows that we are at heightened levels similar to the one that preceded the bear market start in 2007.
CSFB 5y.png
i believe a break down of this indicator below the 20 level will sign, together with the economic indicators i mentioned at yesterday's close, and what i now believe is a confirmed dow theory sell signal from the beginning of july, the start of a bear market and a coming us recession.
the indicator is updated daily at bloomberg several hours after the close:http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=CSFB:IND
a definition exist there as well.
cougar

Post by cougar »

Interestimg, Oc. Obs.!
cougar

Post by cougar »

Without “divine intervention”, IWM short term target should be = 79.3.
Attachments
iwmGIF.GIF