Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

03/30/2016 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 03/30/2016 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
fehro

Post by fehro »

uempel wrote:WTIC: interesting article in today's FT

Financial Times
Last updated: March 29, 2016 5:10 pm
Hedge funds bet on higher oil prices
DXY daily fails.. easily $52 /CL USOIL
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 6.57.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 7.00.43 AM.png
JFR

Post by JFR »

USD.CAD taking some hits.
Attachments
2016-03-30_0702.png
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
Tutti

Post by Tutti »

Junior Buffett wrote:
Tutti wrote:
Junior Buffett wrote:
uempel wrote:SPX broke out of blue channel ...
9.png
Uempel,

Do you think this rally will not end before seeing all time high? Everyone had their targets but this BULL is meeting their targets and exceeding.

When center banks around the world are blessing this BULL, I don't see any reason in near future to believe that we will see anything below 1960. Also Cobras's call for lower low than Feb low is void, I believe.

Thanks
JB
Trees don't grow to the sky. Especially when everybody thinks they do.
I think, everybody believes that this rally is not real and we are going to see sizable correction..that to me is the biggest threat to BEARS...
Really? EVERYONE I'm talking to (retail) thinks we are going to see new highs and a new bull is under way.

I'm betting with my money the folks getting bullish after such a run are dead wrong. We'll see...Worst that happens is I change my mind after losing some money...
josephli

Post by josephli »

Junior Buffett wrote:
Tutti wrote:
Junior Buffett wrote:
9.png
Uempel,

Do you think this rally will not end before seeing all time high? Everyone had their targets but this BULL is meeting their targets and exceeding.

When center banks around the world are blessing this BULL, I don't see any reason in near future to believe that we will see anything below 1960. Also Cobras's call for lower low than Feb low is void, I believe.

Thanks
JB
I think, everybody believes that this rally is not real and we are going to see sizable correction..that to me is the biggest threat to BEARS...
it seem for the last two years every big rally like this has sizable correction ~100 handles.
K447

Post by K447 »

wanteasymoney wrote:
K447 wrote:
wanteasymoney wrote:... Winnin the first money I'm all in
Do you have an exit strategy?
Maybe half to one year ;)
What is that timeframe based upon?
JFR

Post by JFR »

DOW 30. AAPL head of the class. CAT a leader once again.
Attachments
2016-03-30_0707.png
Tutti

Post by Tutti »

josephli wrote:
Junior Buffett wrote:
Tutti wrote:
Junior Buffett wrote:
9.png
Uempel,

Thanks
JB
it seem for the last two years every big rally like this has sizable correction ~100 handles.
Agree obviously. I'm betting the risk here is the downside, not the upside (int term, short term I'm not very good at maneuvering). Many folks moving to the wrong side of the boat after its already crowded.
JFR

Post by JFR »

wanteasymoney wrote:GM

Winnin the first money Im all in :lol:
You can start an advisory service pretty soon. ;)
uempel

Post by uempel »

Warren, I don't know. What I do know:

Bullish Percentages are up today. They may fade into the close, but at the moment they are up:

http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/candl ... BPFINA|B|0

Something else: Coppock is still on "sell".

Junior Buffett wrote:
Tutti wrote:
Junior Buffett wrote:
9.png
Uempel,

Thanks
JB
wanteasymoney

Post by wanteasymoney »

K447 wrote:
wanteasymoney wrote:
K447 wrote:
was an frien advice and everyone here in my work is enter also don't you see the newspaper ?
Junior Buffett

Post by Junior Buffett »

Unless this is end of Q cosmetics to gain big bonuses...as far as everyone is bullish, I don't really believe that's the case. Look at our board here, most of the people are waiting to short or already short...who is long on this forum?
K447

Post by K447 »

Junior Buffett wrote:...who is long on this forum?
Well, these guys, apparently;
wanteasymoney wrote:
K447 wrote:
wanteasymoney wrote:
K447 wrote:
was an frien advice and everyone here in my work is enter also don't you see the newspaper ?
Last edited by K447 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
uempel

Post by uempel »

Monthly SPX candle pops out of the blue area. Note that SPX never closed the month above the blue ellipse. If SPX manages to close the month (Thursday) at this level it's quite a signal.
10.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

for now it's bull flag but the oil report may change it, wait.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Tutti

Post by Tutti »

Junior Buffett wrote:Unless this is end of Q cosmetics to gain big bonuses...as far as everyone is bullish, I don't really believe that's the case. Look at our board here, most of the people are waiting to short or already short...who is long on this forum?
Clarification il amico mio, I said everyone I am talking to, not everyone. My friends on the institutional side are not bullish at all. My friends who are retail traders are fully bullish.

Go to twitter and look up the resident "experts". all bullish.

Also some new guy on the board is all in and 'winning.' So, there is one long for you :-)

Just taking the opposite side of the trade is all. I have no idea if Im right or wrong, but we'll find out soon enough. Good luck w your trade, hopefully my luck is just a bit better :lol:
josephli

Post by josephli »

Junior Buffett wrote:Unless this is end of Q cosmetics to gain big bonuses...as far as everyone is bullish, I don't really believe that's the case. Look at our board here, most of the people are waiting to short or already short...who is long on this forum?
This week is interesting, as we will see whether there is some change in COT. for the last couple of weeks, COT is flat. Since QQQ was big up yesterday, then that may indeed change as market has different perspective on risk after Yellen's comment.
wanteasymoney

Post by wanteasymoney »

2500 next parade :)
K447

Post by K447 »

Tutti wrote:...
Go to twitter and look up the resident "experts". all bullish.
I suppose what you see depends on which people one is 'following' on Twitter. Near infinite number of voices, many echoing each other.

Some have clear thoughts and visible logic.

Other people's Twitter feeds are not identical, perhaps not even similar, to yours or mine, I expect.
Denali92

Post by Denali92 »

Good observation - the Ticker Sense bears are up to 46%. Stocktwits bulls for SPY are just 30% (QQQ is 50%) - Back in early November the readings were 46% and 66% respectively

Many people seem to have expected a significant top in March - which was never that likely given the tendencies for March to be a rally month... What is surprising is how limited the pullbacks have been - just a few days at most and except for possibly March 10th, there were no clear entry opportunities - which is actually the really frustrating things for traders who like to play both sides.... trend traders, though, are delighted and probably just happily raising their stops....

definitely a more challenging market for traders - just like it was for many periods of the persistent bull from 2013 - 2015....

-D