Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

09/14/2011 Intraday Watering

biotrader

Re: 09/14/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by biotrader »

silkway wrote:
Cobra wrote:
agnosia wrote:ok guys seeing a lot of shorts capitulate a so i will try to put on a new short here around these levels... sorry to hear about it though guys.
4, I shall say. :mrgreen:

Wait... this is a recipe for a short squeeze :evil:
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

i've been tracking a pretty sloppy large channel on the 5 minute which looks like where this rally wants to head.
Attachments
2011-09-14-TOS_CHARTS.png
Payara

Post by Payara »

Have made the jump from long time lurker and learner to first time poster. Of particular value to me has been the measured moves which over the last several months has netting some decent trades. I have been noticing the frothy move today and from my previous experience with option ex weeks, they tend to overshoot max-pain levels then retrace. From a max-pain site, i note many beta's are way past their levels including nflx, amzn, cmg, pcln etc. I already am short a half position on a couple of those and am waiting for a double top or an exhaustive pop on the 5 min today to add. I should also point out I'm hedged with a tza short and hold a small tna short. It's been a difficult market to trade due to the HFT's and the drop in financials which has diverted cash into ridiculous beta's (pcln, cmg). The other side - conspiracy wise is when I watch fast money and hear all the bearishness, it tells me a squeeze could be setting up. Is this all a setup to get shorts on board to then later drain em dry is a global squeeze? Last hour - looking to exit tza short...
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

breakout indeed. should be more on the upside, there's no limit... :mrgreen:
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

How I hate this days.... :roll: :roll:
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

silkway wrote:
Cobra wrote:
agnosia wrote:ok guys seeing a lot of shorts capitulate a so i will try to put on a new short here around these levels... sorry to hear about it though guys.
4, I shall say. :mrgreen:
-1 .. i am not shorting this craziness ... sorry guys for bailing ... good luck.

cobra you got this one :)
HappyFriday

Post by HappyFriday »

Cobra wrote:breakout indeed. should be more on the upside, there's no limit... :mrgreen:
There must have a limit.
Cobra should say the sky is the limit. :lol: :D
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Payara wrote:Have made the jump from long time lurker and learner to first time poster. Of particular value to me has been the measured moves which over the last several months has netting some decent trades. I have been noticing the frothy move today and from my previous experience with option ex weeks, they tend to overshoot max-pain levels then retrace. From a max-pain site, i note many beta's are way past their levels including nflx, amzn, cmg, pcln etc. I already am short a half position on a couple of those and am waiting for a double top or an exhaustive pop on the 5 min today to add. I should also point out I'm hedged with a tza short and hold a small tna short. It's been a difficult market to trade due to the HFT's and the drop in financials which has diverted cash into ridiculous beta's (pcln, cmg). The other side - conspiracy wise is when I watch fast money and hear all the bearishness, it tells me a squeeze could be setting up. Is this all a setup to get shorts on board to then later drain em dry is a global squeeze? Last hour - looking to exit tza short...
Thanks and welcome aboard! :lol:

rupert

Post by rupert »

davros wrote:es breaks above the down trendline
Yup and straight through it..No consolidation below before breaking through...Smells like a short squeeze for sure...In a normal market dynamic we would get some consolidation beneath before breaking through.
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

For a gap up Thursday, it's best if we don't finish at the highs. A decent pullback would be good at this time.
Twitter @jackwag0n
ultramarine

Post by ultramarine »

Mr. BachNut wrote:I have added a little short, a side dish to go with the appetizer I already put on. Not planning the main course unless SPY gets into the 120s.
I am still using 121.7 - 122.7 as big resistance area. There should be a pull back at some point, but this strength suggests perhaps this resistance area or even Cobra's 123 tinted top is not absurd. The huge short interest out can fuel a lot of upside.
I'm on roughly the same page. Since we got a second low recently at 114 I wonder if we will match the Sep 8 high of 121 before a pullback. And the flag becomes a box...
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

HappyFriday wrote:
Cobra wrote:breakout indeed. should be more on the upside, there's no limit... :mrgreen:
There must have a limit.
Sky is the limit then there's still a limit.

proteus46

Post by proteus46 »

jmho...they are serious about closing SPX at 1200
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

i'm a wuss. i sold out of 30 of my 70 spy calls just now. we're nearing the top of that larger channel i presented earlier.
agnosia

Post by agnosia »

i joined the bull party, fully leveraged to catch up to what i missed so far.. targeting /es 1204 gap...
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

One of those creep-up-on-you then rip-your-face-off squeezes.
Smarter scalpers still long but they will be ruthless with their stops, ask-no-questions kind of thing.
Nothing but green lights so far. But when the elevator gets to the top floor it won't dilly dally around up there.
Honor your stops and tighten them up (yea, I didn't but I'm NOT NOT complaining today).

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... =243368793
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

ok, should be an exhaustion bar here. I didn't say anything about p u l l b a c k so doesn't count as breaking my promise. :mrgreen:
Attachments
1.png

HappyFriday

Post by HappyFriday »

Cobra wrote:
HappyFriday wrote:
There must have a limit.
Cobra, I am sure you don't want to see the limit above the sky. Just work on the limit below the sky is fine. :roll: :lol:
STC

Post by STC »

Cobra wrote:
HappyFriday wrote:
There must have a limit.
Cobra, Does this change your outlook on the big picture? Just a little bit ago a read that this push up is weak and you still think the 8/9 low will be revisited, now the market is going up with no limit? very confusing
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

agnosia wrote:i joined the bull party, fully leveraged to catch up to what i missed so far.. targeting /es 1204 gap...
that's asking a lot from the bulls today. lol

i'll be happy with a touch off 1200 by the end of the day. then again, what's with a couple hundred points at the end of the day? 43 minutes...plenty of time...hahah