Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

11/30/2011 Intraday Watering

SB73

Re: 11/30/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by SB73 »

Cobra wrote:nothing to say, this really is a nice market, simply gap up every day and do nothing. I expect today to be different though because the 3rd time is the charm.
kinda funny to think about the last sell off. We reversed the opening gap down like 3 times before it finally stuck. In this case, we simply reversed the car that was accelerating down hill. We didn't even need to use the brakes.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

uempel wrote:I did not draw this chart for you guys, but for me. That's why it's a real mess. Shows my tests of the 1240 area, shows that 1240 sure is a pivot. Means that it's unlikely SPX keeps up its vertical trajectory here. Pause, sideways move, dip, whatever. Bye guys, I need some food.
dd.png
Come on Uempel, we have plenty of food for thought here. Don't you think you need no other food :lol:

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Swing BB base analysis, Blue is mid BB, red and green is +/- 1 std
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

newbie_77 wrote:master cobra,
you sound emotional. you are expecting :D ....

so far i have learned following since i joined this board and started following master cobra... which was not very long ago:
1. i learned to control emotional based trading :D
2. stopped front-running
3. follow the trend and get out when you have made small gains :D ... don't be greedy.
4. what goes up must come down :D and when it comes down it does bounce up again :D
Cobra wrote:nothing to say, this really is a nice market, simply gap up every day and do nothing. I expect today to be different though because the 3rd time is the charm.
I did mean I expect something different today, either up huge before the close, or down huge. Let's wait and see.

EFA

Post by EFA »

How likely is it that SPY ramps up at the end of the day to touch $125 and then drops, take one day breather and then "who knows" what?
Looks like the rest of the world is a lot more bearish than we are....
Thanks Cobra
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

so far I read it as Bull Flag.
Attachments
1.png

Dow Trader

Post by Dow Trader »

5-min update 8-)
Attachments
ES 71.JPG
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
little piggy

Post by little piggy »

Cobra,

I registered today, actually I was looking for pay you one time a year. Anyway, anything we could pay you back for your excellent work!
uempel

Post by uempel »

Cobra wrote:
uempel wrote:I did not draw this chart for you guys, but for me. That's why it's a real mess. Shows my tests of the 1240 area, shows that 1240 sure is a pivot. Means that it's unlikely SPX keeps up its vertical trajectory here. Pause, sideways move, dip, whatever. Bye guys, I need some food.
dd.png
Come on Uempel, we have plenty of food for thought here. Don't you think you need no other food :lol:
No, I'm really hungry. And read that article in the FT today, A wise man knows one thing- the limits of his knowledge. You'll find it online, it's about Keynes. Very good. Bye, and I'll also drink a beer for you :lol:
Xian

Post by Xian »

The attachment dd.png is no longer available
Attachments
kandinsky.comp-8.jpg
EFA

Post by EFA »

Cobra wrote:so far I read it as Bull Flag.
Thanks, Cobra!
alvian33

Post by alvian33 »

Xian wrote:
dd.png
hahahah
BlackThought

Post by BlackThought »

Cobra wrote:so far I read it as Bull Flag.
that's a really long flag
BlackThought

Post by BlackThought »

Xian wrote:
dd.png
LMAO
ultramarine

Post by ultramarine »

Xian wrote:
dd.png

Hey that Kandinsky has a rising wedge on the right hand side, doesn't it? Definitely looks bearish!
Xian

Post by Xian »

ultramarine wrote:
Xian wrote:
dd.png

Hey that Kandinsky has a rising wedge on the right hand side, doesn't it? Definitely looks bearish!
ha!
rpccharts

Post by rpccharts »

Fed Made Decision To Bail Out Europe On Monday
Submitted by ZEROHEDGE Tyler Durden on 11/30/2011 11:17 -0500

It appears that the Fed decision to bail out Europe was not made this morning, or yesterday, but on Monday as per the following two headlines:

LACKER DISSENTED AGAINST FOMC SWAP DECISION ON NOV. 28
LACKER VOTED INSTEAD OF PLOSSER, WHO WAS UNAVAILABLE
It also means that the decision was leaked on Monday, and explains the relentless surge in stocks since then despite progressively worse news out of Europe. Q.E.D. - a plan so good Hank Paulson could have leaked it to his hedge fund buddies.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:
Double Tops: Risk/Reward zone, the logic behind it is the trap bulls from last peak is dying to get even and stay safe this time around after losing confidence from last move. after long night pray " god please if I got my money back this time I will never touch it again" mentality :lol:
Cool, thanks
SLV has that big old gap of 11/16 that it couldn’t fill today… on third try….
It’s now in the “Bermuda Triangle” zone
I can understand the need of silver and copper, gold? I never understand the logic in trading it. me no metal guy.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
CognitiveDissonance

Post by CognitiveDissonance »

rpccharts wrote:Fed Made Decision To Bail Out Europe On Monday
Submitted by ZEROHEDGE Tyler Durden on 11/30/2011 11:17 -0500

It appears that the Fed decision to bail out Europe was not made this morning, or yesterday, but on Monday as per the following two headlines:

LACKER DISSENTED AGAINST FOMC SWAP DECISION ON NOV. 28
LACKER VOTED INSTEAD OF PLOSSER, WHO WAS UNAVAILABLE
It also means that the decision was leaked on Monday, and explains the relentless surge in stocks since then despite progressively worse news out of Europe. Q.E.D. - a plan so good Hank Paulson could have leaked it to his hedge fund buddies.

That explains the large buying of financials and the covering of financial shorts yesterday. To bad we weren't in the loop :o
@cognitivebias1