12/20/2011 Intraday Watering

Gomoosheen

Re: 12/20/2011 Intraday Watering

Post by Gomoosheen »

keesa wrote:
FinancePhD wrote:
keesa wrote:
FinancePhD wrote:Just FYI,

Japanese Pension Fund entered market yesterday and did a crazy shopping in Nikkei. I highly suspect they have some insider information either from the EU side or from the USA side, so that they act pre-ante.

At last, US will only leak insider information to its aliens. This may be the true reason why Shanghai/Hang Seng run flat but NIkkei soured steadily yesterday.
Kim's sudden death crashed China and Korea market yesterday.
You know, North Korea shoot a missile to the east sea of Japan yesterday. But what happened, NIkkei dropped less than all other Asian markets on the day Kim died and rebounded more than all other Asian markets on the following day Kim died.

There must be someone who read the housing data earlier than you and me, I never doubt it.
Victoms of potential korean war would be China and Korea, not Japan.
Targets would be Korea and Japan, not China.
noob

Post by noob »

Cobra wrote:
noob wrote:
Cobra wrote:
SigmaEcho wrote:
Cobra wrote:so far so good, like I said, I don't expect this breakout to fail. a little fibo info here.

so do we have MAD (so far) after MDD? next MDD?
can you pls. post view/ evil plan before Europe close.
thanks!
if we close strong today aka MAD, then we might have a down day tomorrow. The selling isn't over yet. NORMALLY, I mean of course.
So this is still not the start of Santa Clause? What I've learnt in the past 2 months is that NORMALLY doesn't apply to this market any more. My bets are market keep on going up until the new year.
MAD follow by MDD, the next day red and the MDD low will be revisited is just a day or two dip. doesn't affect Santa Rally.
Thanks, you mean MDD followed by MAD?
keesa

Post by keesa »

Gomoosheen wrote:
keesa wrote:
FinancePhD wrote:
keesa wrote:
FinancePhD wrote:Just FYI,

Japanese Pension Fund entered market yesterday and did a crazy shopping in Nikkei. I highly suspect they have some insider information either from the EU side or from the USA side, so that they act pre-ante.

At last, US will only leak insider information to its aliens. This may be the true reason why Shanghai/Hang Seng run flat but NIkkei soured steadily yesterday.
Kim's sudden death crashed China and Korea market yesterday.
You know, North Korea shoot a missile to the east sea of Japan yesterday. But what happened, NIkkei dropped less than all other Asian markets on the day Kim died and rebounded more than all other Asian markets on the following day Kim died.

There must be someone who read the housing data earlier than you and me, I never doubt it.
Victoms of potential korean war would be China and Korea, not Japan.
N. Korea's missle attack threat is way over-rated, similar to what Saddam's Iraqi missle attack to Isarel.

Targets would be Korea and Japan, not China.
L_T

Post by L_T »

Cobra have you ever considered picking a day for this intraday forum to be "Al Brooks setups" day and see what we can see on a 5-minute chart with just the EMA 20?

Also has anyone read the new book by Al Brooks? I'm wondering if it's worth picking up.
mac769

Post by mac769 »

Cobra wrote:
LBJ_OldPeking wrote:Morning Cobra, could you pls comment on VIX? It gaps down to a lower low after several dojis........I am worried since I hold heavy positions, seems santa rally is coming....thanks!
I really don't understand what's going on with VIX. Seems we shouldn't trust VIX anymore? :roll:
VIX is pretty much useless as I said before, because everybody and his uncle believe in the "predictive power" of VIX, but it is JUST a coincidental indicator

http://thebuttonwoodtree.wordpress.com/ ... #more-2958
waverider

Post by waverider »

L_T wrote:Cobra have you ever considered picking a day for this intraday forum to be "Al Brooks setups" day and see what we can see on a 5-minute chart with just the EMA 20?

Also has anyone read the new book by Al Brooks? I'm wondering if it's worth picking up.
Yes, I highly recommend it, it's the best book on TA I've read
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

I would say 1225
fehro wrote:pullback to 1230? or 1225 Blue channel retest?
keesa

Post by keesa »

Me XMan wrote:I would say 1225
If test SPX 1225, it would not be a dip any more. Loss of momentum is way too big for bulls.
viewer

Post by viewer »

Looks like a small double top on the 5min SPY.
waverider

Post by waverider »

es.png
A measured move based on the bar 3 spike high. There were 200,000 contracts traded on /es in the 1st 15 min, so huge volume here.
Last edited by waverider on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only way to get a real education in the market is to invest cash, track your trade, and study your mistakes"

-Jesse Livermore
johnnywa

Post by johnnywa »

A little to strong to go short,buy the dip if there is one.I think up into 12/28
FinancePhD

Post by FinancePhD »

"Risk on" and "risk off" game was being played again...
Last edited by FinancePhD on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michelangelo

Post by michelangelo »

waverider wrote:
L_T wrote:Cobra have you ever considered picking a day for this intraday forum to be "Al Brooks setups" day and see what we can see on a 5-minute chart with just the EMA 20?

Yes, I highly recommend it, it's the best book on TA I've read
What's the name of the book?
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

I would say down for rest of the day to 1210
keesa wrote:
If test SPX 1225, it would not be a dip any more. Loss of momentum is way too big for bulls.
waverider

Post by waverider »

What's the name of the book?[/quote]

Reading price charts bar by bar, it's filled with tons of charts and setups, not just writing like most TA books. The more you watch charts, the more you realize setups and probabilities based on the price action.

-Jesse Livermore
Nomorework

Post by Nomorework »

Me XMan wrote:I would say down for rest of the day to 1210
keesa wrote:
Bold, but I like it...
Petsamo

Post by Petsamo »

RIMM may be setting up a mini inverted H&S on the 1 min.
Twitter @jackwag0n