Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

01/26/2012 Intraday Watering

costco

Re: 01/26/2012 Intraday Watering

Post by costco »

Cobra wrote:support and my 1st target met. good.
Cobra, "good" of what? bulls or bears?
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Today is another VIX daily pierce of the lower bolinger band again

“I Who Have Nothing” 2007, live... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BISjFV69AdE
vs the original, 1960s, live... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXFuotoQ ... ure=fvwrel
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

usctrojan99 wrote:
TraderGirl wrote:
usctrojan99 wrote:Everyone seems to be too smart here and over thinking. If you feel a certain way (bearish/bullish), you can draw technicals that prove your point. Simple reason why I use technicals only as a reference point, but that is all. I follow the old adage don't fight the trend and use stops. It's worked for me thus far. Yes, we seem toppy but things can stay overbought of a while. I just too many people bearish, and I feel like this is a forum for Zero Hedge, as well.

Also, anyone touching TVIX and TZA deserves to lose their shirt.
I agree, it sometimes is a matter of "feeling", like I "feel" we hit the short term top today....

But, you can sit out on TVIX and TZA, while we make boatloads later this year....

Looking at the chart of TZA/TVIX, holding has proved to be a disaster. It's a great ST trading tool, but holding it is a death wish. But, if you like to gamble and with a RSI of 30 (or sub 30 for TVIX) on the daily, I am sure you can gain 10-20% quick. Just make sure you are quick on the trigger. Good luck, I am not good enough to trade those instruments.
I can see you are a longer term holder. Yes, those are for short term trades, never to hold for too long. Think about them in March and June of this year, they may prove to give you some great short term gains...
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

taggard wrote: one the road quick one--(1) cobra you mentioned you were considering price action only for everything. i can see that--but spending a limited (very) period of time on the larger picture stuff every day is a good idea too. i really enjoy the stuff and if were voting would vote "stick with it--but limit to the fewest possible charts--eg more ideas are not more useful. that's only my take of course. (2) re market tweaking--interagency working group-george stephanopoulous under clinton admitted the existence on tv. what i think is the key issue between the swash side and the "markets are free side" is time frames. There is no question weird stuff happens--but it is usually for short periods and key leverage points. and can be direct (some sort of futures stuff) or indirect (in some form increase liquidity).

the real issue is should we worry about this day to day. i would say from a trading perspective no. the whole point of technical trading is to "play it as it lays". however while i don't totally agree with swalsh--i think his overall point about corruption lack of ethics is an issue. however i see it as broad--eg the entire country has gotten used to the free ride--just as all empires have beginnings middle and ends--we do too. what was true for China Persia Rome England Germany short term etc will be true for us.

we really have to try to be truthful compassionate and kind to each other because in the end that is all there is--the idea that one can isolate one's self from events around one and stay clean is not an option for 99 out 100 people. in prison solitary time is used as punishment. and if placed in an isolation tank in the correct way and left there for 20-60 min most people will crack--due to the "lack" of incoming date to create a reference for their mind.

in short there is no clear limit to ourselves and what is around us--we are to some degree what we interact with. this is why people's opinions of the market shift with relative positions of the market and why most are bullish higher and bearish lower.

finally if all that doesn't get though--goog "Stanford prison experiment" which shows that we literally shift persona with perceived social postion.

so the short verison--(1) lets look for ways to see this degree of applicability of various technical trades--most should stick with the idea no front running. (2) lets not assume (as in the discussion over god's existence) if the markets can be or cannot be rigged at this exact moment--because 99% of the time we cannot know. (3) but let us take the best of what Swalsh is suggesting and try to operate with some ethical basis. (4) in the end compassion is the way since the earth is finite feed back loop in the sense of human interaction--in short what goes around comes around.

good day all and back to the road.
Thanks. Well said. You have a safe pleasant journey!

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

FTK H&S has worked.

Puts are up 14% already.
thanos

Post by thanos »

TraderGirl wrote:
usctrojan99 wrote:Everyone seems to be too smart here and over thinking. If you feel a certain way (bearish/bullish), you can draw technicals that prove your point. Simple reason why I use technicals only as a reference point, but that is all. I follow the old adage don't fight the trend and use stops. It's worked for me thus far. Yes, we seem toppy but things can stay overbought of a while. I just too many people bearish, and I feel like this is a forum for Zero Hedge, as well.

I agree, it sometimes is a matter of "feeling", like I "feel" we hit the short term top today....

But, you can sit out on TVIX and TZA, while we make boatloads later this year....
I have a "feeling" that you will lose alot money using your "feelings" to trade! :) Doesn't appear there is alot of swingtraders here and mostly day traders. So we are comparing apples to oranges. :) I'm a swing trader.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

could be a bullish falling wedge here. doesn't mean it will breakout on the upside right now, just some info.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Al_Dente wrote:
BullBear52x wrote:Now ....we have to respect our own line whatever that may be.
I respect u baron, no shite, i would not miss a chart/post of yrs if my house was on fire....
LOL, you can be funny sometimes, I never missed to look at your chart either, end of day like in the evening I always go back to review what is general sentiment from this board so I can plan my next day trade. lots of good people here and with lots of experience. love it here.
Last edited by BullBear52x on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
Me XMan

Post by Me XMan »

Let the snowball rolling down the hill :D
Me XMan wrote:This little bear sitting on shorts and will hold overnight :D
cougar

Post by cougar »

usctrojan99 wrote:Everyone seems to be too smart here and over thinking. If you feel a certain way (bearish/bullish), you can draw technicals that prove your point. Simple reason why I use technicals only as a reference point, but that is all. I follow the old adage don't fight the trend and use stops. It's worked for me thus far. Yes, we seem toppy but things can stay overbought of a while. I just feel too many people bearish, and I feel like this is a forum for Zero Hedge, as well. Sorry, my 2 cents, I am sure all the bears will call me stupid and naive. Well, I'd rather be stupid, naive and have $$ in my account. I was bearish in December and wrong, and turned bullish in January and I have made out handomsely. Trade what you see, not what you think. I know it's easier said than done. I am not making predictions, but Mr Market can turn on a dime. I am just a little more cautious, but I like that buyers are coming in and being dips.

Thank you for your 2 cents!
It is flattering, for some of us, to be psychoanalyzed…This is a sign of notoriety… Personally , if necessary, I would rather have for a shrink an Upper East side chap with a Viennese accent than a former USC Trojan…but this is only a matter of taste!

So…how would you have interpreted, short term, this NDX 13 min. signal? Do you think the chart is “over-thinking“? Do you think I am a bear because, this morning, I kept CRR puts?
Attachments
NDX.GIF
gabor

Post by gabor »

Cobra wrote:could be a bullish falling wedge here. doesn't mean it will breakout on the upside right now, just some info.
Do you think we will retest today's high? May be tomorrow, or day after tomorrow?
gabor

Post by gabor »

I am not sure that the bullas are done yet.
Attachments
chart9.jpg
TraderGirl

Post by TraderGirl »

thanos wrote:
TraderGirl wrote:

I have a "feeling" that you will lose alot money using your "feelings" to trade! :) Doesn't appear there is alot of swingtraders here and mostly day traders. So we are comparing apples to oranges. :) I'm a swing trader.
If you are holding more than one day, then you are a swing trader.... and most of us here are swing traders because most of us hold overnight... we have longer term positions and short term day trades... I am mostly a swing trader...

I have mentioned many market turns, but I have not called a top to this move until today, so we will see how my "feelings" play out...
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

1min (with volume spike)
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=SPY&p= ... listNum=15

Taggard thanks for your: “""....we really have to try to be truthful compassionate and kind to each other because in the end that is all there is....”
PS: I’m trying

Beatles... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqiAl84ipIk
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

fehro wrote:careful... close-up view of my last 15m SPX chart
nice pattern :lol:
usctrojan99

Post by usctrojan99 »

cougar wrote:
usctrojan99 wrote:Everyone seems to be too smart here and over thinking. If you feel a certain way (bearish/bullish), you can draw technicals that prove your point. Simple reason why I use technicals only as a reference point, but that is all. I follow the old adage don't fight the trend and use stops. It's worked for me thus far. Yes, we seem toppy but things can stay overbought of a while. I just feel too many people bearish, and I feel like this is a forum for Zero Hedge, as well. Sorry, my 2 cents, I am sure all the bears will call me stupid and naive. Well, I'd rather be stupid, naive and have $$ in my account. I was bearish in December and wrong, and turned bullish in January and I have made out handomsely. Trade what you see, not what you think. I know it's easier said than done. I am not making predictions, but Mr Market can turn on a dime. I am just a little more cautious, but I like that buyers are coming in and being dips.

Thank you for your 2 cents!
It is flattering, for some of us, to be psychoanalyzed…This is a sign of notoriety… Personally , if necessary, I would rather have for a shrink an Upper East side chap with a Viennese accent than a former USC Trojan…but this is only a matter of taste!

So…how would you have interpreted, short term, this NDX 13 min. signal? Do you think the chart is “over-thinking“? Do you think I am a bear because, this morning, I kept CRR puts?

Ah name calling because of my avatar. That's usually sign #12 of someone who took what I said very personal and/or hates to admit they have been on the wrong side of the trade. I made a general comment about this board being bearish, which is true.

Regarding your comment about 13 min signal, I don't use that as a trading point. I look at 60 min, daily and weekly charts. I don't day trade unless my stops are breached. As long as support is not breached, I am playing more upside. I have tightened my stops today as I think we could be at a top, but I will let the market decide and not front run.
Last edited by usctrojan99 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
cougar

Post by cougar »

TraderGirl wrote:Cougar, what do you think of EDZ at this point, looking at maybe 13.58 or so to take a short if/when it gets there....
I don’t know…You have a nice channel for it, but its moves are too erratic and small to justify the interest for it. EEM is much more liquid and trades lots of options/day…
soku

Post by soku »

kena, u there?
yr pet is doing very well. i shd just b&h it
The goal is not uniformity. It is understanding and idea exchange.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

watching SPY at 5dma, be nimble.
Attachments
spy.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
TWT

Post by TWT »

EURUSD: A multi-day correction may be in progress with an eod print below 1.3093
Attachments
EUR 5 MIN.png