Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

04/19/2013 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

04/19/2013 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to info@cobrasmarketview.com.
========================================================================================================================================================================

Gap up within yesterday's range so the gap might be filled.

I'm neutral (aka clueless) on Global ES, wait and see.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 04/19/2013 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

I am selling right now
Attachments
1.JPG
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
gappy

Post by gappy »

Hightower daily blurb, GLTA.
Capture.PNG
Capture II.PNG
Capture III.PNG
And German PPI.
Capture IIII.PNG
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
stlwater

Post by stlwater »

COFFEE is up sharply today... JO will complete a 1-2-3 reversal confirmation if we close above recent highs today.
TWT

Post by TWT »

REVERSAL OF THE SHORT TERM TREND

We now have enough reasons to respect the fact that price is laying the foundations of a trend reversal.

Price is finally showing signs that it is giving in to the bearish pressure of momentum and breadth indicators.

Going forward the equity market is “officially” vulnerable to a meaningful correction.

When I say meaningful I mean a retracement of the November up leg. I don´t expect a major reversal.

Why?

Major Reasons:

1. The up leg from the November lows has unfolded a corrective 7-wave structure ===> A corrective EWP cannot establish a major Top.

2. The current pullback is also unfolding a corrective pattern ===> The intermediate trend remains up.

3. Retails investors are extremely bearish (I have never seen a major top with an extremely low AAII Bull ratio)

Since we are in the initial stage of a likely larger pullback it is impossible to establish beforehand where it will end. We have to locate in the chart potential areas that can act as support/reversal, Fibonacci # and moving averages.

Hence at the moment I just say that I expect a bottom in the range 1485-1440 (Probably between the 0.5 R = 1470 and the 200 dma = 1452)

As you can see in the SPX daily chart, yesterday price breached the last higher low of the November up leg (Negating another bullish extension), with an eod print below the widely watched 50 dma. It rebounded at the trend line support in force since the November 16 low.

This is a serious warning that this time bears are gaining traction.

The next support is located at 1531 then we have “white space” until 1485 (Above it we have the 0382 R at 1500 where during the expected pullback price could rebound

Lets move on to the current price action:

I am not sure if the first down leg is already in place, yesterday´s candlestick is not “bullish” but we should be pretty close (Price is tagging the lower Bollinger Band).

If a low is not in, price should find a bottom in the range 1530 – 1528.

Once a bottom is confirmed I expect a multi-day rebound that should fade no higher than the 10 dma = 1567.50 establishing a lower high.

Regarding the short-term EWP in my opinion price is unfolding a Double Zig Zag = wave (A) of a Zig Zag or a larger Double Zig Zag

I have placed a question mark at yesterday´s lod since the thrust down following a potential triangle looks too shallow (maybe it is not even impulsive). The theoretical equality extension target for the wave (Y) is located at 1530

But it is less important to pick the right bottom, what really matters is the lower high in the following rebound

If a bottom is not in place yet maybe we will have to wait to see NDX testing the 200 dma = 2721.92

VIX should give guiding information regarding the immediate time frame scenario. Here we have a negative divergence of the RSI and a potential buy equity signal with an eod print below the BB.

If/when VIX confirms a pullback; the extent of the assumed SPX wave (B) rebound will be dictated by the magnitude of the “fear index” drop:

a) Shallow wave (B) if VIX bottoms at the 200 dma

b) Larger wave (B) if VIX bottoms in the range of the moving averages outlined in the chart

Anyway I expect a higher low.
Attachments
SPX D FROM NOV 16.png
SPX DAILY ZOOM.png
SPX 15 MIN DZZ.png
NDX DAILY.png
VIX DAILY.png
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

McClellan Financial Publications: Copper Inventories Rising
http://www.mcoscillator.com/learning_ce ... dium=email
victorm

Post by victorm »

[quote="TWT"]REVERSAL OF THE SHORT TERM TREND

Wow, Thank you TWT, good job...
gappy

Post by gappy »

ClarkW wrote:McClellan Financial Publications: Copper Inventories Rising
http://www.mcoscillator.com/learning_ce ... dium=email
Shadow banking loans issued to Mom and Pop outfits using copper hoards as collateral over the past few years was actually backed by the Politburo despite being badmouthed by them. No one knows the amounts involved.
‘the petrodollar is our currency and our problem’....Gappy
Unique

Post by Unique »

AAPL, GOOG and SPY Update

---

Keizai, coffee has bottomed finally.
Attachments
aapl_april18review.PNG
aapl_april18review2.PNG
aapl_april18review3.PNG
goog_april18review2.PNG
goog_april18review.PNG
spy_april18_review3.PNG
spy_april18_review2.PNG
spy_april18_review.PNG
Restarted the AAPL blog into E-mini S&P 500 Trading Blog , see here: http://aapltechnicals.blogspot.ca/
jademann

Post by jademann »

I have not seent the VXX rise like this for the past year. It usually just dumps really fast after a peak but now it is going up with support like a bullish stock..
My comments were dictated to me by homie the clown
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

stlwater wrote:COFFEE is up sharply today... JO will complete a 1-2-3 reversal confirmation if we close above recent highs today.
I like. Think coffee might be trying to bottom here. Just my opinion, not a recommendation for any readers

ChiOsc is lowest in 30 years BY FAR on the monthly. It's overshot a confluence of fib numbers which COULD have triggered some stop losses.
Attachments
$COFFEE Daily.png
$COFFEE Monthly.png
jarbo456

Post by jarbo456 »

IBM killing the DJI.
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

cobra:
black bar at open!!!
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

Heard the following stat (don't know it's accuracy so just food for thought): +90% of S&P are IBM customers, $SPX tends to track IBM's guidance 75% of the time.
wayne0708

Post by wayne0708 »

wayne0708 wrote:cobra:
black bar at open!!!
What black bar? :mrgreen:
Out of Bounds

Post by Out of Bounds »

short 154.70
TWT

Post by TWT »

$EURUSD: If this pattern is not impulsive it does not belong a to major reversal
Attachments
EUR 15 MIN.png
L_T

Post by L_T »

Out of Bounds wrote:short 154.70
Nice call.
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »