08/24/2022 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

Re: 08/24/2022 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

More down, may test the day low.
Attachments
1.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
JFR

Post by JFR »

Al_Dente wrote:The Top 10 Highest Short Interest % stocks within the Consumer Cyclical Sector.... [as of yesterday]
https://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresearc ... LNGTH&sb=1
Thanks for that link, Pasta Boss.

Short sales on stocks for particular companies. That is another ball game, which I participate in from time to time. Although there is plenty to keep busy already on the markets. But I did some quick preliminary research on that list. Some good candidates, with bad charts and bad fundamentals. I will try to pay more attention to Fidelity, given time to do so. I would like to see if they have lists for the other sectors, as well.

Fedelity is looking at it as an indicator of overall market vulnerability. I look at that list as candidates for individual short sales.

From my experience with short sales on stocks, the danger is you find a "dog," and short sell it, but it has its devoted bulls, and refuses to drop. Ha ha. So you have to try and see what keeps the price of a "dog" up. Once that support is gone, they can drop like flies.

From the list, for example, BLNK. Monthly chart and daily chart. It still has its supporters. Fundamentally it has issues, in my opinion, which I look for in a short. But the support has to fall away before I look at it to short sell. Just in my opinion.
BED BATH & BEYOND NASDAQ:BBBY 55.21%
BIG 5 SPORTING GOO NASDAQ:BGFV 32.36%
BLINK CHARGING CO NASDAQ:BLNK 30.18%
NATIONAL VISION HL NASDAQ:EYE 28.54%
NIKOLA CORPORATION NASDAQ:NKLA 28.37%
FISKER INC NYSE:FSR 26.09%
WORKHORSE GROUP IN NASDAQ:WKHS 25.34%
GAMESTOP CORP NYSE:GME 23.53%
GROWGENERATION COR NASDAQ:GRWG 23.38%
VROOM INC NASDAQ:VRM 22.29%
2022-08-24_10-41-40.png
2022-08-24_10-49-27.png
Charts posted are not recommendations. They are just a sharing of information.
DellGriffith

Post by DellGriffith »

I know this forum is geared to intraday. But I thought I ask a more long term question.

Yield curve has inverted. Major corporations have begun hiring freezes and/or layoffs. Consumer spending is coming in under expectations.

How confident are you the market will crash in the next year? on a 0%-100% scale.

Thanks.
bearish as of SPY 406 on 2/17/23
currently: end bearish as of SPY 406 on 3/6/23
JFR

Post by JFR »

DellGriffith wrote:I know this forum is geared to intraday. But I thought I ask a more long term question.

Yield curve has inverted. Major corporations have begun hiring freezes and/or layoffs. Consumer spending is coming in under expectations.

How confident are you the market will crash in the next year? on a 0%-100% scale.

Thanks.
It is day to day for me, DellGriffith. In this market, I am mostly day trading and scalping. The market can go up and down, and I am not overly concerned.

Tom Bowley, a writer with StockCharts I pay attention to, is optimistic about the market looking ahead. He writes weekly and gives workshops, some of which are free, I think.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

JFR wrote:
DellGriffith wrote:I know this forum is geared to intraday. But I thought I ask a more long term question.

Thanks.
It is day to day for me, DellGriffith. In this market, I am mostly day trading and scalping. The market can go up and down, and I am not overly concerned.

Tom Bowley, a writer with StockCharts I pay attention to, is optimistic about the market looking ahead. He writes weekly and gives workshops, some of which are free, I think.
Fundamental without government intervention, this market will crash. longer term the way we print and new bills passed without knowing how to pay back, simple answer to that is civilization comes and goes, if it goes this time will it comes back this time around.? :lol:
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

A look from Put/Call ratio. I like to look at $CPC over $CPCE/I. yesterday intaday spike high over 2 closed under 1, this tells me short term oversold and bottom of sort is possible for the next day's move. today intraday were under 1 still, I know stockcharts.com is way late on updating this data even after the market. but TOS or other trading platform you can see them real time.

current reading is .887, so if this reading were to be >1, more down side the next day is likely.

$CPC .887
$CPCE .7518
$CPCI 1.1 (this is very bearish for index p/c ratio)

Visualization. after market data from stockcharts.com.
Attachments
1.PNG
Last edited by BullBear52x on Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JFR

Post by JFR »

BullBear52x wrote:
JFR wrote:

Thanks.

Fundamental without government intervention, this market will crash. longer term the way we print and new bills passed without knowing how to pay back, simple answer to that is civilization comes and goes, if it goes this time will it comes back this time around.? :lol:
Ha ha. I think you are almost a permabear. LOL.

TW1.jpg
TW1.jpg (60.7 KiB) Viewed 3146 times
DellGriffith

Post by DellGriffith »

I found this site

https://layoffs.fyi/

If you click on layoff charts, it gives you a look at layoffs in chart form over time. As you can see, layoffs began spiking again this summer. Neat tool!

Its a chart for STARTUPS only tho. But perhaps thats the bet measure.
Last edited by DellGriffith on Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

As I said before, my Bear DNA is higher than Bull DNA today. last clinical checked. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DellGriffith

Post by DellGriffith »

https://layoffstracker.com/

This one seems to track all layoffs, not just startups.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Back in no man's land. last sell setup intraday. a little late in the day. Peace!
Attachments
1.PNG
DellGriffith

Post by DellGriffith »

https://nypost.com/2022/08/19/half-of-c ... -suggests/

Half of US companies gearing up for layoffs, survey suggests
By Lydia Moynihan
August 19, 2022 11:18am Updated

More than half of all US companies are planning to lay off employees as they brace for an economic downturn, according to a new survey.

The PwC survey — which polled 700 executives and board members across the US — found 52% of companies have already enacted hiring freezes, four out of 10 have rescinded jobs or axed signing bonuses for new hires, and roughly half have started laying people off or are preparing to cut headcount.

The grim numbers underscore how dramatically sentiment has changed from a year ago when employers were handwringing over losing staff amid the so-called “Great Resignation” when employees left corporations en masse.

Unemployment remains historically low across the board but major corporations are gearing up for an economic contraction, and in recent weeks, notable companies like Walmart, Apple and Oracle have made headlines for axing corporate staff.

“Firms are playing offense and defense with their talent strategies,” said Bhushan Sethi, who runs PwC’s people and organization practice and helped compile the report.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

"Plan the Trade and Trade the plan" Day trade tomorrow will be easier now that we have box on swing setup (range to trade with) bears need to see LL and bulls breakout will be a screaming buy. Peace!
Attachments
1.PNG
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Well, guess that's it for today. Here's what Thursday tomorrow looks like: https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/ ... /533449387

Thank you guys, I'll see you in another thread soon.

Before the close, please take a little time to vote for me, thanks: https://stockcharts.com/public/1684859/ ... /533449387