Back to www.cobrasmarketview.com

05/16/2023 Live Update

Cobra
Site Admin

05/16/2023 Live Update

Post by Cobra »

If you're StockCharts member, please do me a little favor by "vote" and the most importantly "follow" my public chart list HERE. You need "follow" only once but vote can be done everyday, so whenever you have time, please vote for me, thanks! If you're not StockCharts member, you can also help boosting my rank by clicking the link once everyday.
  • Please, again, all my calls in the daily live update is for intra-day only, they're absolutely invalid when the closing bell rings. If you're interested in the forecast for days and weeks, Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
  • Personal attack on any board members won't be tolerated. Please limit your topic to trade related only.
  • Please no direct link to your personal web site or blog. You must post rich contents here. You can, however, put link to your personal web site or blog as your signature.
  • I'm very busy during the trading hour, so your question posted on board might not be answered. For a guaranteed answer to your question please send email to cobra@cobrasmarketview.com.
=============================================================================================================================================================================

In range, no direction, maybe bias is a little bit up because the low got much higher each time while the high just got a little lower.
Attachments
0.png

Like to read more of my commentaries? Please subscribe my Daily Market Report.
Subscribers can find all the members only posts HERE.
StockCharts members, please vote for me HERE, thanks.
Al_Dente

Re: 05/16/2023 Live Update

Post by Al_Dente »

Note HD, earnings miss
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Sam Altman was the co-founder of Loopt, and is the CEO of OpenAI. He will participate in a bipartisan discussion in Congress TODAY on the topic of AI and the future. Please post a link when you find one.
OpenAI is now one of the fastest growing websites on the planet and is closing in on generating one billion unique visitors per month.
Also AI:
"The Lowly Humans Helping Run ChatGPT Make Just $15 Per Hour
... We are grunt workers... "
"OpenAI had previously outsourced work to Africa, where it could get away with paying workers as low as $2 per hour."
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/we-ar ... st-15-hour
Disclaimer: I am not an investment advisor. This is just my opinion NOT investment advice.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

"JPMorgan has actually convened a war room that will soon be meeting three times per day."
https://dailyreckoning.com/jpmorgan-opens-war-room/
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

Al_Dente wrote:Sam Altman was the co-founder of Loopt, and is the CEO of OpenAI. He will participate in a bipartisan discussion in Congress TODAY on the topic of AI and the future. Please post a link when you find one.
OpenAI is now one of the fastest growing websites on the planet and is closing in on generating one billion unique visitors per month.
Also AI:
"The Lowly Humans Helping Run ChatGPT Make Just $15 Per Hour
... We are grunt workers... "
"OpenAI had previously outsourced work to Africa, where it could get away with paying workers as low as $2 per hour."
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/we-ar ... st-15-hour
Talk about Stagflation when AIs take over in future. IBM got rid of 7000 employees, using AIs as workers.All the 10 stocks in QQQ are up because of AIs. Forward PE ratio is lesser now.
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Serenity wrote:
Al_Dente wrote:Sam Altman ..... CEO of OpenAI.....Congress TODAY on AI and the future. Please post a link when you find one.....
Talk about Stagflation when AIs take over in future. IBM got rid of 7000 employees, using AIs as workers.All the 10 stocks in QQQ are up because of AIs. Forward PE ratio is lesser now.
Thanks Boss :D
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

13F season, FWIW:
Big bets on AI: Stanley Druckenmiller's Duquesne and David Tepper's Appaloosa showed sizable positions in stocks benefiting from the artificial intelligence boom, such as AI-focused Microsoft (MSFT), as well as Nvidia (NVDA), which is up over 100% YTD. Other bets centered around Google parent Alphabet (GOOG), healthcare company IQVIA (IQV) and Cathie Wood's ARK Innovation ETF (ARKK). Bill Ackman's Pershing Square and Daniel Loeb's Third Point also upped their stakes in Alphabet, which hastily released a chatbot called Bard in March after Microsoft poured billions of dollars into ChatGPT maker OpenAI.

Michael Burry ("The Big Short" guy) took stakes (long) in bank stocks like PacWest (PACW) and First Republic (FRCB).
Former Silicon Valley Bank (SIVBQ) CEO Greg Becker will also apologize before the Senate Banking Committee later today, but will reiterate that any bank could not have "survived a run of that velocity and magnitude."

Warren Buffett: Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A, BRK.B) took new stakes in Capital One Financial (COF) and alcoholic beverage maker Diageo (DEO), while divesting four other stocks including Taiwanese chipmaker TSMC (TSM) and furniture retailer RH (RH). The Oracle of Omaha also upped stakes in Apple (AAPL) and Occidental Petroleum (OXY), but reduced holdings in Chevron (CVX) and several others.
[Seeking Alpha]
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Bank trouble, du jour:
SI
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Tiny little breakout high on QQQ (or double top?)
No breakout on SPY
Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

SPY DAILY, short term swing
I will happily swing bull when the NYAD does (bottom panel).
ps: SPY Wedge ... double-bottom support at 403-ish, which is also the neckline (cyan) for the unconfirmed H&S
... the pink line is the bullish reversal gap which bulls must hold
Screenshot 2023-05-16 074617.png
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

Higher low?
Attachments
0.png

Al_Dente

Post by Al_Dente »

Here is how Yield TNX lines up with SPY... usually Yield up, SPY down.
Not a perfect correlation, but nothing's perfect.
Ignore vertical lines, I'm just focusing on the green (bull SPY) and red (bear SPY) shaded areas as TNX signals
DAILY
Screenshot 2023-05-16 082108.png
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Magic number 4127 /ES is still playing a good support.
My comments are for entertainment/educational purpose only. NOT a trade advice.
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Retails looks like IWM, it is health of US economy, looks like it is about to retest the recent low.
Attachments
1.PNG
jademann

Post by jademann »

wow I never seen such a stale market! same price for months.
My comments were dictated to me by homie the clown
Cobra
Site Admin

Post by Cobra »

BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Junk bond, why buy HYG when you have FANG :D
Attachments
1.PNG
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

look at AD issues, bull/bear back and forth at mid band. no clear winner but more negative than positive A/D in the last 8 trading days.
Attachments
1.PNG
BullBear52x

Post by BullBear52x »

Inside day, pick your poisons.
Attachments
1.PNG